What's new

need help in neutral / how to punish?

dansel

Noob
i am a superman player but i try to learn catwoman now. superman is rly easy to play, but its kind of boring :). i get the combos with catwoman, but i struggle a bit in the neutral game. what are here best strings to attack?

112 seems ok, but the first hit is high, and everybody is crounching in this game :(. f112 has a rly rly slow startup. i cant even whiff punishwith it. it would be nice to get some tips :).

what string is the best to attack in the normal, what string do you use to punish ?

Not a cat woman player, but her j2 does wonders, as does her low whip to catch people walking back. Hopefully some more cat woman players respond to this, but either that, watch footage on Semij, Foxy_Grandpa, and Starcharger who are some really good cat woman players.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Footsies

D+B3 (low whip) - mainly used to catch people walking back, nets you a free jump in for the most part. Or you could meaty with F1 depending on distance. It's unsafe on block though (-13) so don't throw it out willy nilly at point blank range.

B2 - 12f advancing mid, neutral on block, works well as an anti air and as a whiff punisher, jails into straight whip which is also safe (-4) and builds meter. EXTREMELY good. Use it often.

J2 - incredible reach, *practically* jails into your F1 on block, is hard to anti air, and nets a full combo on hit. The threat of this jump in is real.

F1 - yes, it's 16f but it is a great meaty, is also neutral on block and doesn't have the pushback of B2 so it's excellent for staggering into throw.

B3 - one of (if not the fastest?) B3s in the game. -3 on block so it guarantees nothing (although it can be abused in certain MUs), but the huge draw here is that it's fast and is the Jesus of low profiling. Use it to maneuver around zoning, escape some pressure situations, close space, and garnish your day with a healthy dose of salt.

As for punishes, B2 is my favorite since a lot of strings and specials in the game have a decent amount of pushback, plus it doubles as her whiff punisher. D1/112 are her fastest punishers (7f and 6f respectively) against moves that leave the opponent right next to you.

Hope this helps! (And sorry for the wall of text :p)

dansel

Noob
wow thanks for the answer. i rly like catwomen and it seems, that my game with her gets stronger. she is a very fun character to play. J2 and the low d+b3 are rly nasty ^^.

HaZed

Noob
there is no such string ?
He is talking about only b2, saying that it is 12 frames and cancellable. If you are trying to punish an unsafe move on block the two options I use is either d1 into MB catdash(if they are close), or b2 as Tamed Lizard mentioned the range is really good I normally build meter really fast with her so confirming both of those into MB catdash normally works well.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
S3 is also a good punisher, it's 10 frames and you can either use:
33 xx mbCatdash xx ender (uses 1 bar)
OR
33b2 xx b3 xx 1f2 (meterless leaving your opponent right at your feet)

Otherwise 112 is your best punisher seeing as it's 6f so you can punish a lot of things that might be 'safe' in other match ups; but they have to be point blank range.

Reactions: Rey

dansel

Noob
the b3 is pretty nasty! the video .. poor poor deadshot :). why is he not waking up after every wakeup? are there knowdowns where u cant do a wakeup move after? oO