What's new

Need Help Getting a New TV

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
So a few days back I was sitting in my living room browsing the net on the laptop(probably on TYM lol), then suddenly I heard a SSSSSHHHH sound. I looked up and saw a white smoke coming out the 32" Polaroid "HDTV" that was displaying an idle PS3 XMB. Next thing I know the middle of the screen went black, then it spread on the entire screen. So there you have it, I no longer have a TV. My only chance of playing MK now is on the vita.

With that being said, im reaching out to my MK folks to help me get a new TV that will last me (hopefully) the next 4-5yrs.

When it comes to TVs im a complete noob :( For my next upgrade I was thinking about getting either 55" or 60" screen. I heard LED is superior to LCD and Plasma so that's my main focus right now. I was recently looking at a 60" LED Samsung HDTV, 1080p, 120Hz at BJ's last Saturday for $1500. I thought that wasnt too bad. To be honest, I just dont know what to look for in terms of specs. I dont even know what to ask if I were to go to any electronic stores and ask about a decent HDTV.

Can you guys at least educate me a little on what to look for in terms of quality?

Let me know in the comments below :)

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I saw the thread, but didn't comment because I have minimal knowledge of HDTV's and I don't want to give faulty info. TV's that I think are good are LG and Toshiba though.
Ha! ok. I had a bad experience with an LG phone (LG Ally). That phone sucks beyond anything that ever came to existence and because of that I just dont want to ever come close to LG products. It's funny how one bad product can affect my decision on any other things that the company does. Anyway lol, I'll keep Toshiba in mind. Thanks for posting btw.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I use a Olevia 32 or 34inch LCD HDtv. I love this tv so much. It is amazing for gaming IMO, everything is so clear on this tv. I go to my friends house who has like 50inch plasma jet fuel powered with a Uranium core type tv and my tv still looks better, for games atleast. And, it looks pretty cheap, I don't remember how much mine was, and I have had it for a couple of years. You might wan't to do some reserch on other things first though, because im no tv expert. But im smart enough to see that mine was more clear than my friends Jesus tv.

Espio

Kokomo
Ha! ok. I had a bad experience with an LG phone (LG Ally). That phone sucks beyond anything that ever came to existence and because of that I just dont want to ever come close to LG products. It's funny how one bad product can affect my decision on any other things that the company does. Anyway lol, I'll keep Toshiba in mind. Thanks for posting btw.
Toshiba is a superb and also Mitsubishi(I've had TV's for each brand for over a decade and they still work great).

LG was one my fam recommended and I took their word for it, but I can see how a bad experience would ruin your view of LG.