What's new

Tech Need help against Reptile and Baraka on ladder.

Leito361

Noob
Well, I main JC, and I have practically no trouble at all against any character except when it comes the time to face those two, especially when they are high up on the ladder (Diff: Hard).
For example, minutes ago I started one on hard, and Reptile was in position 6 and Baraka was seventh.
Reptile beat me in one match, he was very quick and 'nervous', he was dashing around the screen and going back, spamming force balls and using invisibility and cancelling it very often.

Later I faced Baraka..... he kicked my ass... he beat me three matches in a row, till I quit the game. He was unstoppable... was very quick and punished all my jumps with his blades (chop chop & spin), also, he blocked ALL the time, and I barely could hit him.

I really need strategies against those two!!

(Notations: 360: X=1, Y=2, A=3, B=4.
PS3: Square=1, Triangle=2, X=3, Circle=4. )

May main combo is 2-1-F+2-4-4-Ultra Flipkick.
Also I use the variants of F+3-3-Special Move.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Well, I main JC, and I have practically no trouble at all against any character except when it comes the time to face those two, especially when they are high up on the ladder (Diff: Hard).
For example, minutes ago I started one on hard, and Reptile was in position 6 and Baraka was seventh.
Reptile beat me in one match, he was very quick and 'nervous', he was dashing around the screen and going back, spamming force balls and using invisibility and cancelling it very often.

Later I faced Baraka..... he kicked my ass... he beat me three matches in a row, till I quit the game. He was unstoppable... was very quick and punished all my jumps with his blades (chop chop & spin), also, he blocked ALL the time, and I barely could hit him.

I really need strategies against those two!!

(Notations: 360: X=1, Y=2, A=3, B=4.
PS3: Square=1, Triangle=2, X=3, Circle=4. )

May main combo is 2-1-F+2-4-4-Ultra Flipkick.
Also I use the variants of F+3-3-Special Move.
The mistakes starts with your main combo! Why flip kick?!?! Go for 21F2 dash F3~nut punch! Keep them close, not full screen. Do not aloud wake ups after combos! Do not jump to much on Baraka! NJP on Raptile works very good against dashes and slides! Block then punish them shadow kick for Barakas charge, and full combo( throw) for blocked reptile dash. There is no mind games In arcade mode, so don't try gimmicks :)

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
never end combo's with cage in anything other than nutpunch,your main objective against every character with cage is to chip them to death using ur frame traps and ridiculous normals.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Here's a big meaty frame trap should help.

F33 nut punch. Cross up f33 ex force balls f33b3.

That's what I use, you should be able to do the whole thing uninterrupted. Against reptile though you will have to do I think 13ex force balls because of his baby dick hitbox

Leito361

Noob
The mistakes starts with your main combo! Why flip kick?!?! Go for 21F2 dash F3~nut punch! Keep them close, not full screen. Do not aloud wake ups after combos! Do not jump to much on Baraka! NJP on Raptile works very good against dashes and slides! Block then punish them shadow kick for Barakas charge, and full combo( throw) for blocked reptile dash. There is no mind games In arcade mode, so don't try gimmicks :)

I do ex flip kick because of its high damage... anyway... How do you do 21F2 dash F33+nut punch?. As soon as I finish with the first part of the combo and dash, the enemy is too far to connect two consecutive kicks, but it works on the corner :).

Also, How can I stop/avoid a wake up attack?

Here's a big meaty frame trap should help.

F33 nut punch. Cross up f33 ex force balls f33b3.

Interesting combo, also it deals a lot of damage.

Thank you all for your responses :)

I do ex flip kick because of its high damage... anyway... How do you do 21F2 dash F33+nut punch?. As soon as I finish with the first part of the combo and dash, the enemy is too far to connect two consecutive kicks, but it works on the corner :).

A lot of people think you need to do the inputs pretty fast for 21f2 f3 nutpunch, but you actually have a decent window to do it. What you do is you input the dash after the f2 comes out. So when you see Cage point his arm towards the ground, input the dash. Once you input the dash, you'll be in range to do the F3. F3 actually has a huge hitbox, so it can look strange that it actually hits. But as soon as you input the dash, hold towards and input the 3. This will make the F3 come out - now all you have to do is cancel the F3 into nut punch, by inputting the nut punch as soon as you input the F3. You may want to first practice doing this combo off of a jump in punch, as it seems to put the opponent a little closer to Cage, making the whole thing easier. Cage pretty much always wants to end his combos in nut punch - this leads to his ridiculous pressure game.

For wake up attacks, most of the time you want to block and punish. With some characters, it may also be better to space out the wake up attack and whiff punish it. By "space out" I mean getting in a safe range where you won't get hit by the wake up attack, and by "whiff punish" I mean to execute a combo on your opponent while their wake up attack is either recovering or coming out.

For some characters, like Kabal, you obviously don't want to stand there not blocking against a wakeup Nomad Dash. However, some wake ups, like Cage's flip kick, are much easier to punish on whiff than on block. For now, I would say to practice blocking and punish. Once you get the spacing of all the character's moves and Cage's movement down, then you can start practicing whiff punishing wake up attacks. There's a "wake up attack on" option in Practice mode, so start picking random opponents and just block and punish their wake ups. You'll want to check the frame data for certain characters though, because some moves you just won't be able to block and punish, like Sonya's cartwheel.

If you're on Live you can add me, I can show you how to get started with Cage.

Leito361

Noob
I'm a PC gamer, so you won't see me on Live soon :p, but you will see me posting on the TYM forums, thanks for your responses and the good welcome... no body paid me any attention in the "other" forum :p

It's amazing how strategic this game can be, I used to think that MK was more about spamming than playing with your head. Since the game never came out on PC after MK4, I've been very disconnected from the saga!! It's great to have it back :)

Well, I'll just keep practicing, thanks to you all :)

EDIT: As for the 21F2;F3;NP combo... I got it :)

GhosT

Noob
You can abuse the ladder ai pretty good with johnny. F3 f33 etc and cancels. A lot of times the ai will block for days againt johnny.

Baraka has jedi reactions and this may be what your issue is. Use the combos above that end in nutpunch and stay in pressure. Once you get the ai for the two characters down it will be easy for u

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

GhosT

Noob
Fine, it just depends on location and the power of someone's computer.
So a substantial improvement from console version? I have been thinking about getting pc if it would be more enjoyable online

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
So a substantial improvement from console version? I have been thinking about getting pc if it would be more enjoyable online

Yes and no.

The gameplay is a thousand times better but the interface has so many glitches....

GhosT

Noob
Yes and no.

The gameplay is a thousand times better but the interface has so many glitches....
Damn.. I would love to play it even if it was like injustice on xbox netcode. I can adapt to kabal and glitches but not the xbl lag lol

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

Just dash after that and only F3 nutpunch! Or F3,F3 NUTPUNCH! It is not that hard! Or if you want damage after the 21F2, dash 44 Ex nutpunch! Some more advance 21f2 combos are character and stance specific.

Leito361

Noob
You can abuse the ladder ai pretty good with johnny. F3 f33 etc and cancels. A lot of times the ai will block for days againt johnny.

Baraka has jedi reactions and this may be what your issue is. Use the combos above that end in nutpunch and stay in pressure. Once you get the ai for the two characters down it will be easy for u

Thanks for those cancels, are very good indeed.
An yes, Baraka's reactions are quite fast, but I did a ladder today, he was 7th or 6th I think, and I beat him without any round lost.

roko, thanks for the wake up tip, I'll keep it in mind.