What's new

Question Need help against Deathstroke's j3...

Have this friend who mains deathstroke and his ji3 are pretty annoying and stressful to deal with. any tips on how to blow it up?? it really gets on my nerves especially when it crosses up. D2's dont seem to work much either except probably Aquaman's D2 (awesome D2)...im obviously doing something wrong. Need help

If he jumps over you Block the crossup

if not. Don't.
yh blocking is always my first intinct but i wanted something else to discourage him from abusing it...besides blocking constantly can get tricky. especially when u cant tell whether its going to cross up or not. on hit i almost always get full comboed

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
yh blocking is always my first intinct but i wanted something else to discourage him from abusing it...besides blocking constantly can get tricky. especially when u cant tell whether its going to cross up or not. on hit i almost always get full comboed
I play deathstroke. Look at his jump arc. If he passes the center/top of your head its a cross up no matter when he clicks 3. So block normally until you see him jump over the center of your head

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Depending on the Height that he is Doing his JI3 you might be able to D2 him out of it. im not 100% sure though since i dont play Arrow. Practice the Spacing on your D2 and his j3. Learn to block it. I know this sounds kinda dickish but that is the best way to deal with it. Jump Back Ice Arrow actually may Shot him out of it. Depending on his angle the Shot that goes on an upward angle may hit him. if he is going over you then try using the MB Up Arrows. A lot of it really is trial and error until you figure things out with your character.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
yh i play mostly green arrow and batman...
If you play Batman, D2 that ass. Or just dash out when Deathstroke jumps, or just block.

You also have trait, which will make Deathstroke wary about ever approaching you physically. Gunshots are what he will resort to.

I'm afraid I cannot speak on Green Arrow, but perhaps @7L and @ChrispyCream7 can help you here.

Catch him in the air with j1 works most of the time.
This also works.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Have this friend who mains deathstroke and his ji3 are pretty annoying and stressful to deal with. any tips on how to blow it up?? it really gets on my nerves especially when it crosses up. D2's dont seem to work much either except probably Aquaman's D2 (awesome D2)...im obviously doing something wrong. Need help
If he is jumping at you back dash. If he is jumping over you forward dash.

D

Deleted member 28105

In the Green Arrow DS matchup, pre-emptive jump 1's or jump 1's on reaction are your best friend. Then 11xx4 and boom.. He's frozen. If his jump ins are painfully obvious you should beat him with a jump 1 anti-air for the majority.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If he's doing it to jump in and pressure or cross-up, air-to-air it with a J1/J2. If he's using it for air-to-air, block and you have frame advantage.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Hey Isaac.

Some people already mentioned that some D2s work, as well as dashing under him and attacking the other way, which is true.

Another strategy could be MBF3ing his J3 on reaction. Green Arrow's seems pretty slow but it could probably work if its preemptive. Other characters with better F3s such as Green Lantern, Aquaman, Deathstroke, Killer Frost, etc. have more leeway in doing this.

Another strategy could be dashing back or maybe even walking back on his J3 coming down and then attacking him from there. It may or may not punish him on a tripguard. I'm not sure how good Green Arrow is at taking advantage of this.

Try going to training mode and record Deathstroke doing J3 over and over. Make him also hold down so when he comes to the ground, he blocks as soon as he can. From there, see what you can come up with.

Hey Isaac.

Some people already mentioned that some D2s work, as well as dashing under him and attacking the other way, which is true.

Another strategy could be MBF3ing his J3 on reaction. Green Arrow's seems pretty slow but it could probably work if its preemptive. Other characters with better F3s such as Green Lantern, Aquaman, Deathstroke, Killer Frost, etc. have more leeway in doing this.

Another strategy could be dashing back or maybe even walking back on his J3 coming down and then attacking him from there. It may or may not punish him on a tripguard. I'm not sure how good Green Arrow is at taking advantage of this.

Try going to training mode and record Deathstroke doing J3 over and over. Make him also hold down so when he comes to the ground, he blocks as soon as he can. From there, see what you can come up with.
will test all these ideas out in the lab and see...especially "Another strategy could be dashing back or maybe even walking back on his J3 coming down and then attacking him from there. It may or may not punish him on a tripguard. I'm not sure how good Green Arrow is at taking advantage of this."

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
If he's mid range and jumping towards you, you can Savage Blast. If you read it then jump towards him and J1. If he's next to you and tries to cross you up use Sky Alert.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Dealing with jumps is weird in IGAU. If you play GA my suggestion is:

1) j1 or j3 him as an air-to-air on read
2) Dash or savage blast away on half read/half reaction
3) block on reaction (you react late)

Seriously, just block because #3 is gonna be the most likely scenario unless you know he always jumps in certain situations. This game doesn't have constant and reliable anti-airs, sometimes you just have to block. Blocking cross-ups will come to you eventually.

Last edited:

Decay

King of the Bill
MB B3 on reaction
Yeah you could always get a mb b3 if you see him jump in a lot on you. Usually deathstroke players zone until you get close, then they jump in. So if you feel you are close enough where he's going to try to attack you, you can beat him with an air to air attack like jump 1