What's new

need advice vs Raiden

Clone1

Noob
How do i deal with his teleport mix up? if I block he grabs, if i attack he supermans or i get interrupted by his strings are faster. I cant jump back or cross up cause his kick string will beat me out the sky. Quan chi's attack are so slow that he gets beat by everything, its a pain to fight Raiden. Any advice will be helpful.

How do i deal with his teleport mix up? if I block he grabs, if i attack he supermans or i get interrupted by his strings are faster. I cant jump back or cross up cause his kick string will beat me out the sky. Quan chi's attack are so slow that he gets beat by everything, its a pain to fight Raiden. Any advice will be helpful.

Uppercut

Addresses grab attempts, jumps, and combos (all Raiden combos begin with a high hit)
Worst case you eat a sweep, but if you're playing Quan Chi's strengths you'll fair better in the exchange

Quan Chi mix ups
For Quan Chi's slowness (which is subjective) he has devastating mix ups
Utilize all of you combos and individual hits (low starters, low to mids, individual mids) and let them lead into zombification
Point Blank is not the place to be with Quan Chi

Zombification
Easily tied to a couple of hits into a sky drop (resulting in being point blank once again)

Skydrop
Use as anti air
Once Raiden resorts to sweeping, because of your above strategies (give a shot as a response to a Raiden teleport)
If linked with a couple of hits after the zombification (use mix ups and reverse the guessing game)
Offensively: Control where you land (opponents first instinct is to block) immediately start mix ups

Points A, B, C, and D above
A = uppercut
B = Mix ups
C = Zombification
D = Skydrop

Raidens adapting to uppercuts - Switch to B & D
Raidens adapting to Skydrop - Switch to A & C (stand alone move has the range)

Avoid

Projectiles - You'll lose priority to responding teleport
Speed battles - Wait for openings or create them (D)

Outwit and Goodluck

According to Tom Brady raiden lacks good anti air, crossup jump punching is apparently effective against raiden.