What's new

Match-up Discussion Need Advice for fighting cyrax with sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play XBL and I would love that. I've been looking for a sparring partner but haven't found anyone who has the skill or is even interested.

Not trying to be cocky, but that's just my experience. Not alot of memorable SZs on XBL, aside from mine ;).

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I play XBL and I would love that. I've been looking for a sparring partner but haven't found anyone who has the skill or is even interested.

Not trying to be cocky, but that's just my experience. Not alot of memorable SZs on XBL, aside from mine ;).
Shame. I play on ps3 :(

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm just saying... why waste a bar of meter to get that small amount of damage? I ONLY use meter in this matchup to breaker and occasionally exFreeze.

I had this problem too when I went against a good cyrax. I wanted to punish his teleport, but because of the lag it was literally safe, even when I wasn't blocking and was using d4. Not only that, he had combos for days. The bomb traps and nets didn't screw me up, just had to move foward or back and block the net, it's was the online-safe teleport that he kept doing, which led to punishing me and doing resets for days. Plus I just went against his CS0 previously, who's teleport is not as good as Cyrax, which threw me off.

...yeah I need a better connection :(

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Never waste meter on exSlide unless you are going to put Cyrax in to the corner. If you think he is going to spit out a net... exFreeze... that way you get a combo instead of just a small percentage.
I have to respectfully disagree, ex slide closes the distance with cyrax when he's knockdown and the best bet against cyrax is either stifle him with pressure or zone him.

Sub obviously can't zone him. You have to play him uber aggressively to beat him, dashing in after a knockdown by ex slide and pressuring him is key imo in this matchup...

Panque

Random foreign guy
:en Slide may close the distance and get a bit of damage done, but :en Ice Blast closes the distance AND grants you a full combo. Plus it's not as punishable as the slide when trading from far away. I don't see how the slide can be a better option here, really.

loogie

Noob
I have to respectfully disagree, ex slide closes the distance with cyrax when he's knockdown and the best bet against cyrax is either stifle him with pressure or zone him.

Sub obviously can't zone him. You have to play him uber aggressively to beat him, dashing in after a knockdown by ex slide and pressuring him is key imo in this matchup...
ex slide is not armored all the way .... full screen attempt could land you in a net, and you are in pain after that and probably with no breaker now that you burned a bar of meter. but in between a net and a bomb attempt normal slide could do the trick but not from full screen as cyrax would recover and punish Subby again.
IMO the best thing for Sub to avoid a full screen obstacle course and he will be more than able to deal with Cyrax from midscreen and upclose. be it through a knockdown or a situational exslide then rushing in.
key is patience for Sub in this matchup and maximizing your oppenings when you get them.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
ex slide is not armored all the way .... full screen attempt could land you in a net, and you are in pain after that and probably with no breaker now that you burned a bar of meter. but in between a net and a bomb attempt normal slide could do the trick but not from full screen as cyrax would recover and punish Subby again.
IMO the best thing for Sub to avoid a full screen obstacle course and he will be more than able to deal with Cyrax from midscreen and upclose. be it through a knockdown or a situational exslide then rushing in.
key is patience for Sub in this matchup and maximizing your oppenings when you get them.
This is exactly why i said it should be done midscreen to jip distance... You can be patient all you want but once cyrax starts the bombing barrage you wont control the pace and if cyrax controls the pace sub is done. Sub has to play aggressive tp control tge pace he has to get in there and rush him down...

As for the Ex freeze sggestion i'd recomend not doing a full combo and just doing b121, and play sone mind games. Doing a full combo for a meesly 20 something percent is just not worth it. Also, d4 does wonders in this matchup.

Imo as a cyrax player i find ex freeze easier to bait than a slide.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This is exactly why i said it should be done midscreen to jip distance... You can be patient all you want but once cyrax starts the bombing barrage you wont control the pace and if cyrax controls the pace sub is done. Sub has to play aggressive tp control tge pace he has to get in there and rush him down...

As for the Ex freeze sggestion i'd recomend not doing a full combo and just doing b121, and play sone mind games. Doing a full combo for a meesly 20 something percent is just not worth it. Also, d4 does wonders in this matchup.

I guess you have to understand MY reason for not exsliding. I play like you say.... very aggressive. However, If i'm mid screen and you start bombing... i'm going to try to read those bombs and slide THOSE. Obviously this is a risk. That is why I don't burn meter on an exSlide. If I read a bomb right and get that knockdown i'm in a good position, as Cyrax wake ups outside of exRagdoll are rather weak. I don't like pushing Cyrax away... which is why i'd much rather throw exFreeze late... to know I can get a JiP b1,2,1 or a dash up NJP b1,2 2,1,4 etc etc.

I understand that I could slide into a net... which is why I tend to horde my meter for breaker. Hopefully that clears MY advice. I have nothing against someone using the exSlide mid screen... I personally think it is a waste. If the player is using it for positional means... then yeah throw that out there... I do it as well.

You have to remember I play exclusively online right now, so you can take the advice for what it is

Learn how to dash better. Most people get messed up with the bomb xx net "trap" that they forget about the block button and just mash on up like a bum.
If you dash in between the bombs and block the net, you'll be fine.

If you happen to get hit with a 121, and the do M Bomb, you can block the followup net and do any non-neutral jump to get out of it. Toward jump will make Cyrax "Anti air" whiff, you'll be out of range. But back jump will get you to the corner. I would rather risk a toward jump.

Maintain mid range spacing, and poke the shit out of him, but watch out for D4, dash in 21 is guaranteed at least a forced block, but if you try to mash, you'll get hit for 50%. Stay JUST inside of D4 range and mixup 22, and D3/4. Force a jump and 22. Get a knockdown and you're good to go. You want to get Cyrax to the corner at most and go from there, but a generic knockdown will suffice. Also since Cyrax almost has no real amazing low starter there's almost no reason to block low. Just stand your ground and force a mistake. Watch for crouch K normals and get a jump in.

Also you can jump over a net a catch a "anti air" in a clone. It forces a guess on Cyraxs' part.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat

Yes he has to play agressive, but EX slide wont do anything to help him since it'll just knock Cyrax away so he can resume bombing and netting to his hearts content. Regular slide is better for catching Cyrax off guard, more risky but usually a much better pay off.

Yes he has to play agressive, but EX slide wont do anything to help him since it'll just knock Cyrax away so he can resume bombing and netting to his hearts content. Regular slide is better for catching Cyrax off guard, more risky but usually a much better pay off.
After EX slide, you can still dash block twice to get within jump range.

Status
Not open for further replies.