What's new

n-megabytes Wins Googie's Online MKX Tournament #3!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Australia and NZ started their MK X year off with a bang with the third installment of Googie’s online monthly. Far from the US, Europe and their ESL scene, ‘down under’ has nonetheless been able to cultivate a fairly decent online tournament experience with Googie’s Monthly tournament. This tournament is run on PS4, and is free to enter for all Australian and New Zealand residents. Run in a single elimination fashion (with top 3 getting cash payouts), all prize money comes for generous Australian community members who contribute their own cash in order to further the MK X scene here in Aus. Matches are run best of 3 up until top 8 which is run best of 5. Members who place top 8 receive seeding points for further iterations of the tournament.

This month we had a fairly nice showing with 37 entrants vying for the top prize and the title of ‘online master’ for MK X. Placings were thus:

1st n-megabytes (Cassie Cage - Hollywood)

2nd ImCastiel (Kitana - Royal Storm, Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)

3rd (tie) Toxinity (Erron Black - Gunslinger, Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)

3rd (tie) GooGiemona (Takeda - Shirai Ryu)

5th (tie) Tommy_King_5 (Quan Chi - Summoner, Kotal Khan - War God)

5th (tie) kdee-10 (Sub Zero - Grandmaster)

5th (tie) The_Ghost_Police (Ferra/Torr - Vicious)

5th (tie) iFat|Gilbagz (Subzero - Cryomancer)

The tournament resulted in some very fun games to watch. The entire tournament footage is shown below split into 3 parts. Time stamps of matches are listed. Of special note are the matches between x5_Baxter and iFat|Gilbagz, n-megabytes and iFat|Gilbagz, Toxinity and Ghost Police, and of course the grand final set. Some clutch moments and hype sets all around.

(11:50) BeverlyHill90210 (Sub Zero - Grand Master, Kung Lao - Hat Trick) vs. xXSUPERNEWMANXx (Kung Lao - Buzzsaw)

(29:35) GooGiemona (Takeda - Shirai Ryu) vs. Shade667 (Ferra/Torr - Ruthless, Tremor - Metallic)

(38:40) Pan1cMode (Jacqui - Full Auto) vs. ImCastiel (Kitana - Royal Storm)

(55:50) Ebabil (Kung Jin - Shaolin) vs. Tommy_King_5 (Quan Chi - Summoner, Kotal Khan - War God)

(1:05:30)PizzaRocket (Erron Black - Gunslinger, D’Vorah - Swarm Queen) vs. GooGiemona (Takeda - Shirai Ryu)

(6:28) iFat|Gilbagz (Subzero - Cryomance) vs. x5_Baxter (Tremor - Crystalline)

(35:40) ImCastiel (Kitana - Royal Storm) vs. Samoan Mariah Carey (Cassie Cage - Spec Ops)

(46:10) n-megabytes (Cassie Cage - Hollywood) vs. iFat|Gilbagz (Subzero - Cryomancer)

(1:02:45) Toxinity ( Erron Black - Gunslinger) vs. The_Ghost_Police (Ferra/Torr - Vicious, Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)

(2:55) kdee-10 (Sub Zero - Grandmaster) vs. ImCastiel (Kitana - Royal Storm, Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)

(16:55) Tommy_King_5 (Quan Chi - Summoner, Kotal Khan - Wargod) vs. GooGiemona (Takeda - Shirai Ryu)

(27:55) n-megabytes (Cassie Cage - Hollywood) vs. Toxinity (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu, Erron Black - Gunslinger)

(40:15) GooGiemona (Takeda - Shirai Ryu, Kotal Khan - Sun God, Sub Zero - Grand Master) vs. ImCastiel (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu, Kitana - Royal Storm)

(58:20) ImCastiel (Kitana - Royal Storm) vs. n-megabytes (Cassie Cage - Hollywood)

For future information about upcoming online MK X tournaments in Australia/NZ join Australia/NZ MKX tournament news on facebook.

Also, if you’re looking to get into the Australian MK X scene, I highly suggest you join the facebook group

You can also contact us directly on Twitter, or message us directly on TYM:

@Googiemona [GooGiemona] (Melb)

@burnoutfighter [Burnout] (Melb)

@nmegabytes [@n-megabytes] (Adelaide)

@gilberthong [@Gilbagz] (Sydney)

@Cabjoy [Cabjoy] (NSW)

@x5_Baxter [x5_Baxter] (QLD)

@dropshiscombos [PizzaRocket] (Melb)

@Pan1cModeAUS [@Pan1cMode] (Melb)

@evilsamoan [Tana93] (Melb)

@dabeast151 [daBeast] (Melb)

@gdfer [Gab] (Melb)

@ZeroYiggs [ZeroYiggs] (Melb)

Last edited:

Hades

Noob
Ahh shit I never realised you guys ran online tourneys on ps4. Sadly I've only got an Xbox one but it's good to see some growth in the Aus and nz scene. Xbox one online definitely seems dead though :(

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Just finished watching this. I really want to give serious shoutouts to ImCastiel, I think we all know he deserves praise (though don't you dare let this get to your head man! haha). I play the dude a lot on PC and he just needs someone to whip out his bad habits and he'll be a strong force. Very keen to see how he develops in the future.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Ill be on the next one full force. I mean, ive tried for all of them, sure, but ive never like practiced and stuff. my 3 hours before this tourney was spent playing rainbow six and trying to figure out how to connect an ethernet cable to my ps4.
Im gonna focus on this game really hard for the next few months.