What's new

Mysterious Woman in Jade's M9 ending revealed to be her mother

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I would have never thought of that, I'm almost mad I didn't. I always disagreed with people who thought it could be Kronika, because there designs ar pretty different from eachother.
Wonder what that says about Kitanas MKX ending

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice, I figured it was Cetrion more than Kronika due to the design but and her seemingly being able to read thoughts, know feelings with being the Goddess of "Virtue and light" and all that. But good to know, I like how Shawn also more or less konfirmed that every timeline in MKU is KANON. I like that, DC goes about their stories the same way. It just makes it easier as oppose to "oh this was canon, now it's not but this one is and now the other isn't but this makes the original canon but not the initial reboot canon etc, etc" debate.

Gamer68

Fujin!
How underwhelming, lol.

People have been speculating a lot about this character ever since this ending, and the speculation was really starting to ramp up in MK11. Kronika was revealed and everyone was like "Oh! That's the woman from Jade's ending, isn't it?"

Nope.

Cetrion is revealed, "Oh! That's the woman from Jade's ending for sure!"

Nope.

It's just Jade's mom. Like wow.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
It was so disappointing. They seemed to be building up to something the two previous games, but it was nothing. It's a shame, it seemed like such an interesting plot for Jade. She ended up having a nice part to play in the story, but nothing that came close to what those endings seemed to be hinting towards.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
It was so disappointing. They seemed to be building up to something the two previous games, but it was nothing. It's a shame, it seemed like such an interesting plot for Jade. She ended up having a nice part to play in the story, but nothing that came close to what those endings seemed to be hinting towards.
Yeah its wasted potential. The mk9 ending and kitanas ending in mkx made Jade more and more of a 'main' character than 'kitanas sidekick'. I remember speculating before mk11 that Jade would have been one of the main-ish characters like Liu Kang, and NOT a revenant assuming that the supposed 'mysterious woman' prevented her from actually becoming one and then went to warn Kitana in the future about becoming the dark empress of the netherrealm. I'm glad Jade atleast got her own chapter.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I must admit, I'm actually kinda happy they didn't do anything about her MK9 ending. So many people theorised Jade would be manipulated by some divine being to do her bidding, and I just didn't want that to happen. They could easily have made it be Cetrion or Kronika, having Jade being their minion - which Revenant Jade was! But past Jade was what saved her character for me in this game, and she's the one we got to play in Story Mode. THAT's the Jade I like!

I was admittedly also very worried when we found out that Jade and Kotal would have something going on between them, but I actually like how they dealt with it. Instead of having Jade just go from "Kitana's friend" to "Kotal's lover", she was presented as her own individual character with her own strong personality and sense of self, where Kotal was just another connection added to it. Very tastefully done, imo.

I would actually love to see the timeline continue, to see what would happen with Kitana on the Outworld throne and so on, but I'm also glad that this story is kinda a "fix" for the whole Revenant thing which I was never really a fan of.

I see a lot of people not liking the story and how it turned out, but I for one really enjoyed it.