What's new

General/Other My Vision of Rain

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
1.His costume needs to be ninja (Basically everyone wants that)

2.Move Set and Changes wanted to original Rain moves
Mind Control Orb: Rain projects a light-blue sphere at his opponent, which shatters as it hits. A successful hit allows Rain to move his opponent's body in any direction for a brief time. (MKT)-I felt this could be somewhat of a projectile trance that could also push enemies away if needed and somewhat shoot like reptile's one. It should envelope the opponent inside the water ball. EX should also be like Reptiles where he can hold it and make it bigger, plus it be cooler if he shoot it out of one hand. Sorta like he pulls or pushes with the Force(Star Wars) so it doesn't look like the trance and it would sorta keep the person in the air so you could combo after it. Also should be hardish to combo so it doesn't become op with using the Super Round House Kick

Shocking Bolt: Rain raises his arm and summons a blue lightning bolt to strike his enemy. This attack was borrowed by Nightwolf in Deception. (MKT, MK:A)- Unlike the previous games I think Rain should shoot this bolt out of his hands and aim it down like Smoke's smoke bomb, it could otg(maybe only EX otg, and if normal just hurt them while they are on the ground) but maybe u could combo it only in the corner. It also should have a longish start up but still be unblockable so the true use for it would only be after you knock someone down sorta like the videos shown from MK3 where Rain otgs people off the ground with Lightning.

Super Roundhouse: Rain roundhouses his opponent clear to the other side of the screen. Connecting with a second Super Roundhouse immediately after the first will not send the opponent back across the screen, meaning an infinite Super Roundhouse combo is impossible, despite rumors to the contrary. However, if a punch is landed on the midair opponent, then the effects of the Roundhouse return, allowing for an infinite combo all the same, if timed correctly. (MKT)- No inf. just maybe only be able to use it once or twice in a combo (Liked the water portal idea someone said) besides that not to much needs to be done with this move it kinda original to him. EX just does more damage and maybe keeps them in the air longer. Would like a cool water animation to propel his kicks or something. Also should not be able to do a special move right after it

Water Blast: Rain shoots a high-pressure stream of water at his adversary, similar to the MK comic warrior Hydro, knocking them down. (MK:A)- Similar to Sub-Zero's where normal is just a ball projectile but it doesn't freeze for rain and EX is a stream shooting forward like reptiles that causes an un-techable knock down.

Mystic Vapors: Rain submerges himself in a small pool of water and emerges behind his opponent. (MK:A)- This one seems ok normal just does what it normally does but EX causes Rain to jump out of the other portal into a normal jump stance that u can do J.1 or J.2 (J.3,J.4) but has armor.

Windy Feet: Rain propels himself forward with a blast of water from behind, kicking his opponent in the chest with both feet. (MK:A)- This seems good, but it be cool if it was more like Dee-Jay's Jackknife Maximum (AA Kicks) So Rain has a good AA but when Rain does it, it looks more like 2 forward Karate kicks instead of like Deejays where he twists his body, EX would do more damage and be faster and hit the opponent higher.

3.Fatalitys

1. (Far) Rain makes it rain on the opponent and it dissolves the skin and muscle to the bone sorta like Smoke's one (Also like the water ball idea with the increased water pressure)

2.(Close/Sweep) Rain approaches the opponent and Super Round House kicks their head off which then appears on the other side where Rain grabs it and smashes it on the floor or holds it up.

3.(Babality) Little baby Rain makes a tiny rain storm which makes a puddle and a Rainbow in which baby Rain plays in.

*Info about moveset found on The Mortal Kombat Wiki

Made an image of the few moves I wanted to show made it in paint so nothing great but you get the idea

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I always thought the mind control orb was actually just a ball of water, and when he hit someone with it, it shatters and gets them coated with water, and since he can control water, he uses the water on you to control you for a bit.

If that makes sense.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Needs more Water Clone (that can form into a giant water fist!)

TrickyNick

Weather Man
I want rain so badly to be a rush down character. Nice frame data on block like Cage, good mixups and solid specials. i hope NRS dont make hiim the zoning type which more then likely will happen.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
yea we need more rushdown characters in the game, maybe im missing something. I really like Cage's moves but god do i hate him so badly lol..arrogant bastard, and something about kung lao just don't click for me

Gota have the lightning ground bounce, and would be good nice if they put in his super RH so that you can get Neutral jump combos after it..... have too wait and see

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Gota have the lightning ground bounce, and would be good nice if they put in his super RH so that you can get Neutral jump combos after it..... have too wait and see
Everything u just said would be fantastic, and I would love every minute of it. To be honest though I would trade super RH neutral jump, lightning ground bounce for frame advantage on block with most combos into cancle wakeup mixups like cage.

Do u feel the added bounce on lightning would be to much for a rushdown character? Could add to some big combos...and i just want him to maintain pressure for the time being. Have a move similar to nut punch and keep the opponent off the ground to continue pressure. Give me fast normals, and lightning ground bounce/Super RH neutral jump= my new main

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Everything u just said would be fantastic, and I would love every minute of it. To be honest though I would trade super RH neutral jump, lightning ground bounce for frame advantage on block with most combos into cancle wakeup mixups like cage.

Do u feel the added bounce on lightning would be to much for a rushdown character? Could add to some big combos...and i just want him to maintain pressure for the time being. Have a move similar to nut punch and keep the opponent off the ground to continue pressure. Give me fast normals, and lightning ground bounce/Super RH neutral jump= my new main
I really would want him to be rush down to put I just don't want him to be to powerful to where I feel bad playing him cause its some what cheap (Ya I feel bad about picking cheap chars) would love the lightning bounce but lets not get super amount of damage

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
I want a fatality where he drowns someone.

He can put his hand over the opponents mouth and slowly fill their body up with water. Then, the opponent slowly starts blowing up bigger and bigger until they pop like a balloon.

As far as his move set goes.. I really want him to deal exclusively with water. I feel like the lighting attacks are more of a Raiden/Nightwolf thing now. Rain should deal with water as his main power. After all.. his name is Rain. Not Lightning.

oh.. and of course every time he wins the Z-Ro and ABN song "Rain" plays:

I hope he actually feels like a ninja. All the other 'ninjas' don't, besides maybe Scorpion and Smoke (Smoke more than Scorpion).

Edit: When I say ninja, I don't mean MK ninja. I mean classic ninja style.

Kwon

---->----
Rain won't be a "Classic" Ninja with Stealth, Smokebombs, Caltrops, Ninjato-Blades and the like

He will be the most Fancy, Extravagant and Flamboyant Mk-Ninja by far!

It will be all Flashy moves!