What's new

My Top 5 Hates as a Kano player

Plop

Noob
There hasn't been alot of discussion as of late so i thought i'd throw this thread together and kick-start some chit chat.
Anyway, the top 5 things that piss me off most whilst playing as Kano are..

In no particular order

1) Kung Lao's (everything, but mostly his..) divekick. It beats upball! wtf! (The spin sucks also, but that goes without saying)
2) Any teleport, but mainly Noob Saibot's. Gets me every time
3) Sub- Zero's slide. Little shit goes under my knives!
4) Johnny Cage's rushdown. Kano's normals are too slow to contend with it
5) Nightwolf's reflect...really chaps my ass!

So, thats my top 5. What are yours?

While we're here, if anyone can give me any tips on how to battle any of these things i'd greatly appreciate it

josh99

Noob
what you want to do against reflect characters is throw a knife and when they reflect it throw it again and the previous one you threw, that got reflected will dissapear

Plop

Noob
what you want to do against reflect characters is throw a knife and when they reflect it throw it again and the previous one you threw, that got reflected will dissapear
No Way! Really? So basically that makes the reflect move useless? I suppose you've gotta be really quick chuckin the second knife for it to work?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It depends on how fast your projectile is. I believe it works for Kitana's iaf's but not her ground fans.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
In no certain order:
- Stryker a full screen away (if they know their head from their ass)
- whiffing dash 212 bc of online -_-
- crybabys who assume im a scrub when they choose to get zoned (really jax? really?)
- whiffing juggles online only to get an uppercut for a punish instead of real damage
- Kitana unmasked alt *shudder*

Flagg

Noob
Most Kanos ive encountered online aren't that good and just rely on his specials.

As for dislikes, im beginning to think Noob Saibot is hands down his hardest match. A good Jade is quite tough to beat as well. Well I guess she needs an advantage over someone and it looks like it's Kano.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Can't really say yes or no to Noob atm, because so far any Noob player Ive played online telegrabs like a goofball every 3 moves.

I'm giving hardest match to Sub atm. I feel honestly helpless unless the sub is braindead and doesn't clone.
Against a good sub I have to time my knives and try to bait him into a slide so I can punish, but usually by then I've messed up and walked into a clone trying to rush out of habit so he has a breaker. -_-

A close second I give to Mileena, but this may be just due to my personal issues w her. Still cant punish her at all.
Her hitbox is something truly unique. Working w a local friend, we figured the best simple punish for telekick would be
b12-upball for 19%, however I didn't take into consideration any good Mil is going to air sai after telekick to hang in the air longer so that was pointless. *Sigh*

Dear Plop,

Kanos air ball will solve all your problems.

love,
MashPotatoTower

P.S. air ball makes dive kick kanos bitch ;) if you hit them right you can do a short combo after you land but its freakin hard.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Most Kanos ive encountered online aren't that good and just rely on his specials.

As for dislikes, im beginning to think Noob Saibot is hands down his hardest match. A good Jade is quite tough to beat as well. Well I guess she needs an advantage over someone and it looks like it's Kano.
Jump shadows and insta air ball his ass. Don't spam knives, just make him realize he can't shadow spam you with insta air ball. Let him come to you.

Flagg

Noob
Mileena and Kabal are hard, as those two are for most characters, against KL and Raiden, Kano does pretty well (imo).

Not sure why everyone still thinks SZ is a hard match for Kano, but hey ho.

charlieonline im having an easier time against Noob Saibot now, but I think a good NS can really lame out Kano if he know's what he is doing.

Flagg

Noob
On reaction, you can upball that teleport crap that KL does, so that shuts down a lot of that characters game right there.

Whatever you do, DONT jump in this match up. Divekick beats ball, and of course a blocked ball = spin into a derp combo.

Kanos knives are better than KL's hat, and you can regular ball on reaction over the low hat. You can also do this to Sindel, Lui Kang and Smoke. KL is probably better than Kano upclose, but once you bait enough spins and punish, you can then get your own pressure going.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Kano can't compete with Kung Lao's fisticuffs and Lao has too much mobility to get pinned down by knives for long.

It's 4-6 at best.

As for a sub zero match up, Honestly what can Sub do? really? What? He is always at danger even when he has corner advantage its 50/50

For Kung Lao Kano can keep up with his fist rather well. True he isnt as good at preasure (understatment) but he sure has a good chance.
plus air ball has Kung's number. id say its a 4/6 matchup in Kung's favour over all.

least thats the way I see it.

Plop

Noob
A really good Kung Lao always ruins me no matter what character i use. He's just such a hard character to fight.
Whoever's idea that spin was needs to go away and think about what they've done

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Have u ever played against kenshi? cause this match is impossible for Kano to win anyways....just FYI

Note: this is all from my online experience. I don't know any one who is good at this game in real life

Kenshi is a pretty tough matchup, I think I've only beaten Kenshi a few times. Noob Sailboat is annoying as well. I still have trouble with Sub-Zero's as well

I see a lot of hate for Kung Lao from Kano players, but that's my personal favourite matchup. It was more so my favourite back when the first patch came out and Kano had that awesome upball.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Vulcan Hades said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned Stryker.
MoshpitPetey said:
In no certain order:
- Stryker a full screen away (if they know their head from their ass)
- whiffing dash 212 bc of online -_-
- crybabys who assume im a scrub when they choose to get zoned (really jax? really?)
- whiffing juggles online only to get an uppercut for a punish instead of real damage
- Kitana unmasked alt *shudder*
lol