What's new

My thoughts on frost and some tips

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Hello everyone,

I've been quiet for a while as ive been grinding out frost vs the world. And now that a patch has come out with some gifts for frost its time I give my two cents on the character. Overall I love frost and have felt that she's always been a strong character in certain aspects. Here is my 22 minute brain dump about frost.

I'll be responding to this thread mainly if anyone has questions regarding anything frost related.

Cheers!

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Always enjoyed your MK9 content. Really great video, pretty much mandatory viewing I feel if you want to be great with Frost. Thanks for the work you put into it!

I'd be really interested in seeing your thoughts on her matchups (Post patch MU chart).

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Always enjoyed your MK9 content. Really great video, pretty much mandatory viewing I feel if you want to be great with Frost. Thanks for the work you put into it!

I'd be really interested in seeing your thoughts on her matchups (Post patch MU chart).
Thank you!! And yes I plan on doing a video for every character matchup for frost starting this week. I will be posting them regularly through the next few weeks.

Thanks for making this video! I just decided to learn Frost, and it's absolutely fascinating to hear the perspective of someone who's been playing her for a while.

Real interested to see your thoughts on the matchups.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Thanks for making this video! I just decided to learn Frost, and it's absolutely fascinating to hear the perspective of someone who's been playing her for a while.

Real interested to see your thoughts on the matchups.
It's my pleasure to be able to contribute!
Matchup will be after optimal bnbs

Will watch when i get home j360 is a baller when it comes to helpful vids
Thank you good sir!

Good video. I always like Frost but now that they buffed her B1, I like her even more. She's extremely fun to me to play as. Thanks for the insight in the video.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Great video. Do you think Frost has what it takes to win a major by herself or would she need a secondary?

I believe she's lowkey super strong ( ice machine at least ). But there are some issues that i was hoping to get fixed like whiffing issues with S1 , B22 etc. Or why still there is a 18 frames gap between B22 string ... There's no reason to use DD1 amplified version over the normal one right now ( i was hoping the amp version could absorbed 2 projectiles ) and fixing her BF4 Krushing Blow requirement. However overall she's soooo good now.

That was a really good video with a lot of nice information about what to do with this character. I especially liked your explanation of why to use the blade spin instead of the auger lunge to end combos. I always see people do that and I never knew why it was considered the better choice, but now I do.

I just picked up the character yesterday and that's a lot of cool stuff to try out with her. I look forward to your future videos.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Great video. Do you think Frost has what it takes to win a major by herself or would she need a secondary?
I think she can win it alone for sure. She has some problematic mashups but I cant think of any character that outright dominates her or removes her options. Skarlett used to be really bad but the shield buff and b1 buff changed the matchup.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I believe she's lowkey super strong ( ice machine at least ). But there are some issues that i was hoping to get fixed like whiffing issues with S1 , B22 etc. Or why still there is a 18 frames gap between B22 string ... There's no reason to use DD1 amplified version over the normal one right now ( i was hoping the amp version could absorbed 2 projectiles ) and fixing her BF4 Krushing Blow requirement. However overall she's soooo good now.
S1 has its pros and cons but more pros for sure. Its more of a punish tool than a pressure or counter tool because up its pretty high vertical hitbox. That same hitbox however is what allows her to have optimal midscreen and corner juggles so I'll take it as is.

I think b22 is perfect as is now that we have b12 as a neutral and pressure option. Pre patch b22 was a huge liability because sue relied on it and of course it can be flawless blocked. But now that b12 is 11 frames it can jail off of jump in kicks, be used in neutral, and better interrupt some characters forward advancing strings, I dont think she needs b22 for anything other than keeping someone in the corner and checking them with b2, or whiff punishing a string on walk back. its super easy to hit confirm into a second 2 and then into a cryoblast for a full combo. D4 spaced properly along with her distance and frost bombs are my current go to strategy mid screen, its highly edfective against characters like jackie and Liu. Disclaimer: I use long input window timing in order to better hit confirm b22 into cryoblast. I input the d,b and confirm 4 to combo. That is my personal preference for the character as it makes hit confirming b22 much easier.

I completely agree with you on the shield amp tho. Something like eating two projectiles intead of 1 would offer better functionality other than cancelling strings on hit for more advantage.

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
That was a really good video with a lot of nice information about what to do with this character. I especially liked your explanation of why to use the blade spin instead of the auger lunge to end combos. I always see people do that and I never knew why it was considered the better choice, but now I do.

I just picked up the character yesterday and that's a lot of cool stuff to try out with her. I look forward to your future videos.
Thank you! It makes me happy to know the info is helpful. I'll be uploading some bnbs tonight.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
no she isnt. she is still low tier and not viable at a high level. she also still has a useless variation.
How the fuck is she low tier, she has one of the best mid strings in the game, staggers, plus frames, buttons with great range, the option of doing unbreakable combos, decent zoning options and a restand that's plus as hell.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
She's definitely not low tier, but shes not overpowered either. I think all shes missing is a 2nd variation. That would place her in a strong position amongst the cast

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
How the fuck is she low tier, she has one of the best mid strings in the game, staggers, plus frames, buttons with great range, the option of doing unbreakable combos, decent zoning options and a restand that's plus as hell.
lmaoooo spoken like a true scrub.
She's definitely not low tier, but shes not overpowered either. I think all shes missing is a 2nd variation. That would place her in a strong position amongst the cast
she's low tier. not bottom 2 anymore but still decisively bottom 5-10

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
lmaoooo spoken like a true scrub.

she's low tier. not bottom 2 anymore but still decisively bottom 5-10
What exactly makes her low tier? Id like to know what other people think about the character.