What's new

My thoughts on frost and some tips

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
no offense but it is ass. i know you like it but its still horrible. i can tell that when it was designed the head bomb was a low but they changed it to a mid and probably nerfed it in other ways and just never went back and reevaluated the variation so most likely more developer oversight. anywho objectively its really really bad
I used FB from day one for about two weeks before I switch to IM. This irks me about it. I guess they didn’t want a “repeat” of cyber sub bomb setups back when he dropped. But why not make it a low this time since clearly frost has no OH starter and bf4 is two hits so if you setup the bomb and go for the OH, it’ll hit, you freeze, then the 2nd hit unfreezes you. Hardly busted. But FB needs SOMETHING man as right now it’s just....there.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I used FB from day one for about two weeks before I switch to IM. This irks me about it. I guess they didn’t want a “repeat” of cyber sub bomb setups back when he dropped. But why not make it a low this time since clearly frost has no OH starter and bf4 is two hits so if you setup the bomb and go for the OH, it’ll hit, you freeze, then the 2nd hit unfreezes you. Hardly busted. But FB needs SOMETHING man as right now it’s just....there.
I feel like, on setup, even jump-ins might make low bomb a bit strong relative to the meta... maybe not given wakeup options idk. Possibly if you could meterburn for low/insta-explode or something?

I’d take a better vertical hitbox tbh

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I just need them to adjust it or even add an attack to help the variant out. Speaking from a competitive standpoint I wanna use that variant but it’s just like “why?”
I’m not a huge fan of IM much like with scorpion I’ve always used Searing Rage over Reborn but at least with him he can legit still hold his own and be a threat with good reward on either variant. Frosts V1 doesn’t offer that much reward for what it is.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Screw it. Gonna revisit Frost Byte for a while. Still my favorite variant. Fun to play sometimes. Wanna explore it again.
The character is so bad that it doesn’t even matter what variation you use in some matchups so play what’s fun. I play IM and lost to really bad players all the time because I don’t want to counterpick. It’s part of why I hate this game lol I can’t play what I enjoy and win when I play well

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I struggle in some matchups too but In any game I compete in I usually run two characters. In this case I have Scorpion to back Frost up if I need to (in serious matches). That said she's far more viable now than pre patch, at least now I can fight back if people get in my face and decide to try to hit buttons recklessly. In any event I like FB in concept since it is loosely based to Cyber Sub but I think the character could use a couple more tweaks. It's like the designed her to be a specific way, but the meta made it to where she didn't really work 100% too well with it and in some cases used to be counter productive to herself. Now she has some added goodies but she has a strange pacing.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Long time no see Josh! Good to see you sticking with Cybernetic Ice-wielding fighting game characters, even eight years later.