What's new

My thoughts on frost and some tips

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I just changed my block to r1 as on testing I’m about twice as reliable at wavedashing with r1 compared to r2. Now I’ve just gotta retrain decades of MK blocking with r2.

Even just 1/2 reps of wavedash gets you into Frosts effective range, well worth it so far.... Except for the constant failure to block.
R1 is definitely the better choice. I did that when I switched from stick and its help sooooo much. Maxter did the same thing in mk9 and has always told me to switch to it. 8 years later i finally listened lol

haketh

Noob
I just changed my block to r1 as on testing I’m about twice as reliable at wavedashing with r1 compared to r2. Now I’ve just gotta retrain decades of MK blocking with r2.

Even just 1/2 reps of wavedash gets you into Frosts effective range, well worth it so far.... Except for the constant failure to block.
I’ve been thinking about doing this because just due to how the triggers work I swear to God I miss some clutch blocks

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
R1 is definitely the better choice. I did that when I switched from stick and its help sooooo much. Maxter did the same thing in mk9 and has always told me to switch to it. 8 years later i finally listened lol
I’d never really changed my layout before ij2 but it was basically a no brainer for a brainiac player, realised then it didn’t take long to untrain months of playing darkseid with standard butons. Hopefully same applies to decades of mk lol.
I’ve been thinking about doing this because just due to how the triggers work I swear to God I miss some clutch blocks
Interesting, same happens to me but I always assumed it was lag / I suck. Hopefully you’re right!
Yep changed to r1. It's a million times better.

I wavedash half the time by accident.
Lol this has happened to me already. Only just got around to learning wavedashing (been preoccupied since launch) but yeah I was in the lab with r2 thinking “it can’t possibly be this inconsistent”, switched to r1 and instantly nailed a threepeater.

It’s actually some of the better fun I’ve had execution/mechanic lab wise in the game.

Honestly tho, I’m so stuck on r2 to block right now it’s killing me.

Holy f*ck the difference is huge. I knew I should have changed block to R1 day one. Blocking with an analog button is such a terrible idea.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Any thoughts on Soincfox's Frost?
I know why he chose it and what he's hoping for but Frost-Byte is pure garbage so there aint much he can show us imo

Wigy

There it is...
Any thoughts on Soincfox's Frost?
I know why he chose it and what he's hoping for but Frost-Byte is pure garbage so there aint much he can show us imo
Where did he play?

Yeah frost byte is absolutely ass

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
He actually plays her similarly to how I do (or try to at least)

Frost-byte isn’t ass imo, it’s just more easily counterpicked than ice-machine and hard to justify as ‘better than’ in most other matchups.

Still my fav var tho.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
This just looks like sonic playing like a maniac and honey getting hit by gimmicks. Some of his bomb attempts are cool, but there is no reason ever to pick this variarion over ice machine unless its against erron. Without glacial calving all noob has to do is Chuck shadows and teleport here and there.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
He actually plays her similarly to how I do (or try to at least)

Frost-byte isn’t ass imo, it’s just more easily counterpicked than ice-machine and hard to justify as ‘better than’ in most other matchups.

Still my fav var tho.
no offense but it is ass. i know you like it but its still horrible. i can tell that when it was designed the head bomb was a low but they changed it to a mid and probably nerfed it in other ways and just never went back and reevaluated the variation so most likely more developer oversight. anywho objectively its really really bad

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i can tell that when it as designed the head bomb was a low but they changed it to a mid and probably nerfed it in other ways and just never went back and reevaluated the variation so most likely more developer oversight.
You're spot on with this lmao

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
This just looks like sonic playing like a maniac and honey getting hit by gimmicks. Some of his bomb attempts are cool, but there is no reason ever to pick this variarion over ice machine unless its against erron. Without glacial calving all noob has to do is Chuck shadows and teleport here and there.
He definitely plays crazier than I would, particularly with f2, but his switching from offence to defence at the right moment/range was crazy good at times

Does noob pwn frost-byte that badly? I do ok, but might have only faced meh noobs tbh. Online warrior innit.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
no offense but it is ass. i know you like it but its still horrible. i can tell that when it as designed the head bomb was a low but they changed it to a mid and probably nerfed it in other ways and just never went back and reevaluated the variation so most likely more developer oversight. anywho objectively its really really bad
Oh they definitely got scared and nerfed it. And you gotta work real hard... I just think it’s above ass tier.

I love playing low tiers, and I’ve worked much harder than this for my Ws.

Reactions: JSF

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
He definitely plays crazier than I would, particularly with f2, but his switching from offence to defence at the right moment/range was crazy good at times

Does noob pwn frost-byte that badly? I do ok, but might have only faced meh noobs tbh. Online warrior innit.
When it comes to frost byte noob has a much easier time fighting it with simple use of projectiles. In that variation his shadows go unpunished by frost at mid range since she no longer has auger lunge. So its a matchup in his favor.

Wigy

There it is...
We should put together a matchup discussion thread. Happy to contribute lots.

Would be good to get together all the various matchup experience in one place done tidy.

I'll do it myself but not done one before so might suck ass formatting wise.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
We should put together a matchup discussion thread. Happy to contribute lots.

Would be good to get together all the various matchup experience in one place done tidy.

I'll do it myself but not done one before so might suck ass formatting wise.
i tried this before the patch but got very little participation. would be great if someone could get it going though.

Wigy

There it is...
i tried this before the patch but got very little participation. would be great if someone could get it going though.
Can you link it? I'll start posting

Ill throw in some spicy wildly inaccurate mu numbers to drum up traffic

:DOGE

My discussion prepatch with frost was -pick someone else.

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Im releasing video matchup discussions starting tomorrow. They might be individual threads. Would y'all prefer any specific character first? I was going to start with either Liu or kano. I plan on doing 1-3 a week

Wigy

There it is...
Im releasing video matchup discussions starting tomorrow. They might be individual threads. Would y'all prefer any specific character first? I was going to start with either Liu or kano. I plan on doing 1-3 a week
Ace. Interested. Give me a shout if you want any help or input.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
i thought about doing this too but im too long winded and go on tangents. I'd prefer to see her harder matchups like cetrion, geras, or cassie even tho i have no trouble fighting cassie unless theyre really good and know the matchup

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Definitely Liu, Jax, and Kung Lao since those are the characters you run into online all the time

I would also love some help with Skarlet and D'Vorah

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
This sounds incredible. Cetrion tips would amazing, but I’ll take anything I can get.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I don’t think she’s low tier anymore. Maybe a solid mid. She had some tools to compete now for sure. I feel she still needs some slight tweaks, maybe adjustments to make her other variant viable or maybe the third whenever it comes out with the others.