What's new

Strategy My Thoughts and Opinions on The Joker and appreciation toward the community

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Both. Hell, see what other characters can do. I've already tried neutral jumping and that didn't work. She kept getting caught
As stevo said it could be spacing and character dependent but also as they said d1 and fast normals generally beat it. I stopped doing it because I was sick of getting blown up. I know alot of players neutral jump it to me. Shit I do it myself in Joker mirrors. I do know flying bat works though for sure no matter the spacing

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
@Youphemism
I already discussed parry remember? Jokers parry is way to risky. Its not active enough and it is forever punishable on whiff. I agree with @The_PantyChrist . Also SOME of Batgirls moves are risky but way to rewarding to not respect. Joker doesn't have much to respect that cant be dealt with easily. When did this become a Batgirl discussion thread? Props were supposed to be going the the Joker community in this thread. Thanks @Qwark28

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Also yes parry does work on cartwheel.. On a read.. And nets 11 percent. This is also why you will virtually never see joker parry frosts slide.
Parry also loses to b1/ teleport/ flying bat/ changed timing. Risk reward is still in your favor and I'd rather punish your options than parry.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
How do you get your MU and character tech knowledge if you don't play online? Thats legitimately the best place to get tech knowledge and character experience besides major tournaments
Footage of others playing shows you all the tech, labbing it shows you how to beat it.

That is a big part of it.

Also I have been traveling a lot more for this game in the last 6 months than any other game to date. I attend every local (We have a pretty good number of characters repped, though admittedly not all at the highest level), attend events in neighboring states and have attended several majors for the game as well as a trip to GGA.

Eevee and I also play a lot and both he and Kenshinoyo have picked up a fair number of characters which while we don't have intimate MU knowledge about them, we learn all the tech we can find to practice playing against it and if need be have potential CPs.

As you may have noticed, I am also extremely active on these forums, and try to read then test pretty much everything I come across so that I may know if it's useful and/or worth using. I then pass it on to whoever in my scene will benefit from it the most (No seriously, I do give my scene homework; sometimes to everyone at once, sometimes I will tell people individually to "go home and work on this". I am even working on a local power ranking right now for my scene to rank every aspect of their game, their strengths, their weaknesses, and what they need to do to improve. I put in a LOT of work to expand and improve my scene, as anyone in it can attest.).

Finally, I watch every stream I have time to watch. I can't watch every local, but I try to watch at least one a week just to see how each scene is evolving as well as training myself to try and catch people's faults faster, which has been helping me more and more in game.

There are a lot of different ways to level up and a lot of different ways to practice. There are both good and bad ways. For example online won't help you if you play randoms exclusively. Training mode won't help you much if you're exclusively practicing combos. Offline practice won't help you if you don't level up your training partners. How you practice is just as important as how much you practice.

Sorry for the long rant, especially since you probably already knew most of this stuff, but this is actually something that's been a topic that I have been bringing up a lot recently, especially to a few of the guys in my scene who do practice a lot but haven't really been improving much lately.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Didn't see this so I'll respond to this now:

Then please go into training mode, make a video of you doing this with at least half the cast and post it. Either I'm doing it wrong or crowbar is god's gift to Joker
I can show you flying bat when I swing by. I know that one works. In fact your D1 might too. It's a strict timing though and gets blown the fuck up if I do anything that ISN'T a crowbar cancel (Flying bat anyway; I know D1 is punishable by flower cancel but not sure what else. I think it only hits because of the forward movement on BF3 if I use it from anywhere outside of B1 range).

Neutral jumping I am almost certain *might* only work at a certain specific range. It is definitely not from anywhere and honestly I think it might ONLY work at max range, if even there. Once more though, if you neutral jump and I cancel into something else, I am going to murder you for it. If it was a teeth cancel, then enjoy the setups you're landing in. You already know what happens when you block teeth against me... (Inb4+framesirrelevent)

We can test this when I swing by (After I change and shower; still smell like work).

And I thought you just stormed the forums to upplay the Joker :joker:
just kidding thanks for that read though lol
Haha I can see where you'd get that impression >.<

That said you've seen my tournament result threads. I've written several things roughly that length with advice for every player of my scene in our FB groups (Don't want to spell out our weaknesses away to people outside our scene). I put a lot of effort into my scene and really hope it will show before MKX splits the community. We went from a scene with no NRS game presence whatsoever, but a very strong Vampire Savior, Tekken and Marvel scene to a point where Injustice has become one of the staple games at the arcade, and regardless what happens elsewhere, I'm not letting this game die anytime soon.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Didn't see this so I'll respond to this now:

I can show you flying bat when I swing by. I know that one works. In fact your D1 might too. It's a strict timing though and gets blown the fuck up if I do anything that ISN'T a crowbar cancel (Flying bat anyway; I know D1 is punishable by flower cancel but not sure what else. I think it only hits because of the forward movement on BF3 if I use it from anywhere outside of B1 range).

Neutral jumping I am almost certain *might* only work at a certain specific range. It is definitely not from anywhere and honestly I think it might ONLY work at max range, if even there. Once more though, if you neutral jump and I cancel into something else, I am going to murder you for it. If it was a teeth cancel, then enjoy the setups you're landing in. You already know what happens when you block teeth against me... (Inb4+framesirrelevent)

We can test this when I swing by (After I change and shower; still smell like work).

Haha I can see where you'd get that impression >.<

That said you've seen my tournament result threads. I've written several things roughly that length with advice for every player of my scene in our FB groups (Don't want to spell out our weaknesses away to people outside our scene). I put a lot of effort into my scene and really hope it will show before MKX splits the community. We went from a scene with no NRS game presence whatsoever, but a very strong Vampire Savior, Tekken and Marvel scene to a point where Injustice has become one of the staple games at the arcade, and regardless what happens elsewhere, I'm not letting this game die anytime soon.
Yeah but you ask help from the King of Atlantis during your tournaments and my friend, :joker:<- this guy does not approve

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
It was one time... Oh who am I kidding, you're right... I still need Project Source to go bird hunting the rest of the time...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA