What's new

Match-up Discussion My stupid Black Adam MU chart

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I've played the BA-Aqua match a lot in the St. Louis scene. Just curious why you didn't give it a 5-5. I feel it's really even, with the smarter player always getting the win.
Present your case. I'd just like to hear your thoughts. I'm not trying to blow you up. I actually enjoy discussing this match-up.
Feel free to tag me in any future BA postings as well. I rep Teth hard. RedRaptor can back me up on that.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I've played the BA-Aqua match a lot in the St. Louis scene. Just curious why you didn't give it a 5-5. I feel it's really even, with the smarter player always getting the win.
Present your case. I'd just like to hear your thoughts. I'm not trying to blow you up. I actually enjoy discussing this match-up.
Feel free to tag me in any future BA postings as well. I rep Teth hard. RedRaptor can back me up on that.
I used to think this for the longest time, honestly the biggest thing is that low lightning doesn't trade anymore.
But maybe @Syknis can help me out

At first I was pretty discouraged of these things but I'm bored of no ba discussions going on right now. There has been a stupid amount of ba downplaying that in my opinion isn't necessarily true. So love it or hate it, here's my stupid ba mu chart (I'm only posting this because there are no ba discussions going on, and I'm bored, if you disagree and think me a scrub, cool beans)

vs Aquaman (4-6)
vs Ares (6-4)
vs Bane (5-5)
vs Batgirl (5-5)
vs Batman (5-5)
vs BlackAdam (5-5)
vs Catwoman (5-5)
vs Cyborg (5-5)
vs Deathstroke (5-5)
vs Doomsday (5-5)
vs Flash (5-5)
vs Green Arrow (6-4)
vs Green Lantern (5-5)
vs Grundy (6-4)
vs Harley Quinn (5-5)
vs Hawkgirl (5-5)
vs Joker (6-4)
vs Killerfrost (6-4)
vs Lex (4-6) probably (5-5)
vs Lobo (6-4)
vs Martian Manhunter (4-6)
vs Nightwing (5-5)
vs Raven (5-5)
vs scorpion (6-4)
vs Shazzam (6-4)
vs Sinestro (5-5)
vs Superman (5-5)
vs Wonderwoman (4-6)
vs Zatanna (5-5)
vs Zod (4-6)

@usbigboy
@MidTierHarley
@AK Smarrgasm
@Error
@MajinBerserker
@ whoever else still plays him

Agree with martian number

I feel that zod beats him more at a high level, 7-3.... with proper zod balls at the right height the character is extremely limited, plus jump1 beats everything. I definetly feel when my zod was better it was a free matchup if my execution was on point, much more favorable than martian.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
no way
Agree with martian number

I feel that zod beats him more at a high level, 7-3.... with proper zod balls at the right height the character is extremely limited, plus jump1 beats everything. I definetly feel when my zod was better it was a free matchup if my execution was on point, much more favorable than martian.
yea zod hurts
Frost and Adam is 5-5 no doubt.
ugh idk man, explain
So...? It's not like Adam has great footsies or can keep her at bay. Your reasoning makes no sense.
pick aquaman

Error

DF2+R2
@Clark Luthor You're right this is stupid
:DOGE

I'm still convinced that WW is a 3-7 MU, Zod as well if he's doing a lot of IAZB.
I think Shazam is 5-5 now that Adam's keepaway isn't as powerful and Shazam has great oki against Adam, and I don't see how KF is still 6-4 when that was the number pre-patch.

I agree with BG being 5-5 as of right now, just have to play it patiently and hit hard when you can.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I used to think this for the longest time, honestly the biggest thing is that low lightning doesn't trade anymore.
But maybe @Syknis can help me out
So that changes the full screen game. But what about when BA is in any sort of MB dive kick range? You can bait out movement and whiffs from Aqua- force him to chase you down and hopefully make bad decisions, thus giving you a dive kick or a b23.
I'm not arguing with you, I'm just trying to show the still-existent favors BA has.
I think there are still many factors that make it even. Fullscreen- okay, you have to respect all of the FTD and play patiently to try and get in on him. Aqua has to play lame as hell to have the advantage, I feel. If Aqua's trying to rush you down, I feel that's a good thing for Adam b/c you can just back up and whiff punish. This match is one of those, now, where you just walk and punish- no dashing unless you know, for sure, Aqua's down for a sec. (Ex: walk forward, block the FTD, walk forward, Aqua tries to b1 too soon, dive kick/possible b23. Aqua blocks b23 and back dashes, BA insta-dive kicks.)
BA still can negate Aqua's trait at the start of the combo, meter or no meter, which is definitely a godsend in the AM match-up. Not many cast members share this strength. That's something to think about as well.
And as I'm typing this, the 5-5 just floats back to me and cements itself. Hahaha. Just staying positive here. To me, there are just so many options BA still has in the match to solely rest the rating on low lighting. Let's not sell ourselves short here.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
@Clark Luthor You're right this is stupid
:DOGE

I'm still convinced that WW is a 3-7 MU, Zod as well if he's doing a lot of IAZB.
I think Shazam is 5-5 now that Adam's keepaway isn't as powerful and Shazam has great oki against Adam, and I don't see how KF is still 6-4 when that was the number pre-patch.

I agree with BG being 5-5 as of right now, just have to play it patiently and hit hard when you can.
How often do you play a Shazam? His oki is excellent- I am not debating that. But once you get used to the post-knock down game I feel your opinion will shift back to BA's favor.
I play a frisky, yolo, unpredictable Shazam in St. Louis (for over a year now) and his knock down set ups got me good at first, but once I saw them multiple times I was able to adjust and time my wake-up lightning cages or back dashes properly. This dude's good and throws out crazy shit on me all the time b/c he expects me to lightning cage on wake up all of the time, so I had to make the adjustment.
On knockdown, the Shazam is probably going to try a meaty grab set up, safe jump set up, cross up set up, teleport set up, etc. Just play against it for a bit and I think you'll feel it's still BA's game. Obviously wake up cage is good against these set ups once you can time it right and blow up his attempts (sometimes it just becomes a meaty cage b/c you expire the "wake up" time and make it a raw punish, same with a back dash). Palpatine hands also works well in a lot of situations. And this is all IF Shazam can even get the knock down on you. Super high risk-high reward for Shazam. Shazam's damage is better, in trait, BUT he has to have the meter for a MB grab and have trait active for any sort of "oh shit, I'm dead" damage. W/out trait, I feel the damage difference is negligible. Adam's meterless damage is also levels above Shazam's.

Sacrifice 2-3% damage and end all of BA's combos with b23u1, or another full-screener, until you have the kill combo. Full screen what is Shazam going to do?
Properly timed Black Magic and Low Lightnings stop the teleports and lightning bolts. If he's getting too close, trait up to scare him a little and get that free damage.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I'd also like to add, just out of salt, the DS match is 6-4, DS favor, if the BA does not play the match-up perfectly. If anyone can share their thoughts on this match for me, I'd love to hear it.
If the DS is on point and zones and punishes BA well, this match can get extremely difficult for Adam. DS has an answer for almost everything. I've played this match an ungodly amount and think about it in my sleep.
@RedRaptor10