What's new

Match-up Discussion My Shang Tsung MU Chart

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I will say this- I will NEVER lose to a sub in tournament.

Watch my matches vs Vegeta. Shang's main footsie tool is SS, which is completely eaten up by noob's zoning. Even when Cornered, Noob gets to wake up for free with the upknee, which is advantage on block. And btw, Noob has a corner INFINITE against Shang. The MU police don't know what they are talking about.
then maybe its 10 0 because you never lose to a sub

or maybe its 6 4 counting characters and not players

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I will say this- I will NEVER lose to a sub in tournament.

Watch my matches vs Vegeta. Shang's main footsie tool is SS, which is completely eaten up by noob's zoning. Even when Cornered, Noob gets to wake up for free with the upknee, which is advantage on block. And btw, Noob has a corner INFINITE against Shang. The MU police don't know what they are talking about.
Corner infinite?!?! Can you explain it please?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
then maybe its 10 0 because you never lose to a sub

or maybe its 6 4 counting characters and not players
well yea, that is why I think it might be 7-3. If I never lose to character, why would I only list Shang as having a slight advantage? I suppose it is almost impossible for me to tell if it is me or Shang.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
well yea, that is why I think it might be 7-3. If I never lose to character, why would I only list Shang as having a slight advantage? I suppose it is almost impossible for me to tell if it is me or Shang.
fishin like a boss

thats why you play the best of the best, if you wanna see how you do vs sub for real you play vs The Menoutis

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Insight on Kenshi MU would be greatly appreciated. Thx
This MU is 5-5 or possibly 4-6. The reason Shang doesn't get his back blown out in this MU is because of SS, which is your main footsie tool. You want to be right outside of Kenshi's shoulder range because it will make the SC whiff and your SS is still within range. Playing like this forces Kenshi to be more aggressive and dash forward before he does a SC; this leaves him open to jump ins. Also note that at full screen you can duck his tele flurry and full combo punish with EX GS.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@cR WoundCowboy I'm having trouble with the Reptile MU (online, so pinch of salt)

I don't see why Shang has an advantage in this MU when Reptile has better footsies and a slightly better zoning. In your MU chart it says he has to be careful at max SS range but I don't see why when acid spit is so much faster than all of Shang's specials, and even if you hit him with a SS when he's on the ground he has the zoning advantage anyway.