What's new

Match-up Discussion My retirement/post-Evo MU chart.

Am I an upplayer?

• Yes

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 57.4%

• Total voters

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
7 - 3 vs. Ares
2 - 8 vs Aquaman
6 - 4 vs. Bane
5 - 5 vs. Batgirl
5 - 5 vs. Batman

6 - 4 vs. Black Adam
6 - 4 vs. Catwoman

5 -5 vs. Cyborg
5 - 5 vs. Deathstroke

7 - 3 vs. Doomsday
5 - 5 vs. Flash
5 - 5 vs. Green Arrow

6 - 4 vs. Green Lantern
6 - 4 vs. Harley Quinn

5 - 5 vs. Hawkgirl
7 - 3 vs. Joker
7 - 3 vs. Killer Frost

4 - 6 vs. Lex Luthor
6 - 4 vs. Lobo
4 - 6 vs. Martian Manhunter
7 - 3 vs. Nightwing
5 - 5 vs. Raven
7 - 3 vs. Scorpion
5 - 5 vs. Shazam
4 - 6 vs. Sinestro
5 - 5 vs. Solomon Grundy
5 - 5 vs. Superman

6 - 4 vs. Zatanna
3 - 7 vs. Zod

Winning:
13 winning MU
11 even MU
5 losing MU

@AK elitegoomba
@Hysteria
@Sajam
@A F0xy Grampa

Anyone care to refute?

oNe87_Kentucky

Hunter, Not hunted.
Joker can keep her out quite well with mb canister but her footsies are very dominant. In the corner they are pretty much equal. I say its 5-5. If played right it may be slightly in her favor due to how much better she is up close and how much less dependent she is on meter. I need more experience with the MU tho.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
It's not my place to argue matchup numbers despite my consistent downplaying. Looks fine to me. I would like to see more of the Bane matchup. Also Batman and Green Lantern look hard if they play patiently, but I'll take your word for it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
2 - 8 vs Aquaman
7 - 3 vs. Doomsday
5 - 5 vs. Green Arrow
5 - 5 vs. Hawkgirl

7 - 3 vs. Killer Frost
4 - 6 vs. Lex Luthor
4 - 6 vs. Martian Manhunter
7 - 3 vs. Nightwing
5 - 5 vs. Solomon Grundy
3 - 7 vs. Zod
Ok no.
I may be free to a few of these characters but there is no way the above are right. In my opinion. Then again I haven't even placed *cries*

I'm really confused as to how to answer your poll because you're upplaying and downplaying at the same time... :confused:

AT WORST vs Aquaman is 4-6. There is no way it's that much in his favour.
Against Doomsday is not that free either, we can parry a lot but I wouldn't say it's 7-3. 6-4 probably.
Green Arrow is tedious, but better than 5-5. Hard 6-4 at least.
Don't have too much Hawkgirl exp yet I can feel that this number is wrong. I can FEEL it. 6-4 probably.
I facepalmed in my head and then irl. 5-5 against Killer Frost.
Another tedious mu but WoWo vs Lex is 5-5 imo.
Wonder Woman handles herself just fine in this match. Tedious if thrown full screen but major edge when you get in. 5-5.
I personally am free to NW so don't want to comment on this too much but my feelings feel a 6-4.
I counterpick Solomon Grundy with Wonder Woman because I'm that confident in the matchup. 6-4 at least.
One of her most annoying matchups but easy once you get in. I would even go as far as 5-5.

Who's the upplayer NOW? :coffee:

Disclaimer: I haven't even placed though. These are my opinions based on matchup experience and thinking, and because of lack of placement I cannot be held responsible for any of the above information being viable fact. Pls love me.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Don't agree with the aquaman number. Its aquaman favor but not that horrible. Somewhere in between 3-7 and 4-6 imo but I will admit I don't play high level ww mains often.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Wut? Cyborg is hell. I can't imagine WoWo being a 7-3. What makes it so bad?
Cyborg isn't that bad because he needs meter to do everything. He can't do damage without meter (MB B3, F3) he can't keep us out with meter (He needs to MB fireball or we get in, pushblock, etc) and once we get in cyborg gets fucked. I've played RelaxedState offline too.

WoWo is bad because she really beats Nightwing at everything he does. We can't wakeup, we can't apply pressure, we can't do any oki on her, etc. I've heard a lot of talk on the forums that "Oh, this match is like rock paper scissors becase Escrima beats shield, shield beats staff, staff beats lasso, and lasso beats escrima" when in reality those stances don't beat hers, they just do better then the other stance.

We have to hold air dash mixups because NW has no anti air and if you try dashing out he flips the fuck out and it doesn't work. We always have the meter disadvantage because WoWo doesn't need meter for anything while we need meter to do more then 20% in staff.

Maybe I just suck against WoWo and if I'm wrong then I'll admit it, but this is too bad to be a regular 6-4. @Filipino Man thoughts?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Cyborg isn't that bad because he needs meter to do everything. He can't do damage without meter (MB B3, F3) he can't keep us out with meter (He needs to MB fireball or we get in, pushblock, etc) and once we get in cyborg gets fucked. I've played RelaxedState offline too.

WoWo is bad because she really beats Nightwing at everything he does. We can't wakeup, we can't apply pressure, we can't do any oki on her, etc. I've heard a lot of talk on the forums that "Oh, this match is like rock paper scissors becase Escrima beats shield, shield beats staff, staff beats lasso, and lasso beats escrima" when in reality those stances don't beat hers, they just do better then the other stance.

We have to hold air dash mixups because NW has no anti air and if you try dashing out he flips the fuck out and it doesn't work. We always have the meter disadvantage because WoWo doesn't need meter for anything while we need meter to do more then 20% in staff.

Maybe I just suck against WoWo and if I'm wrong then I'll admit it, but this is too bad to be a regular 6-4. @Filipino Man thoughts?
Can't apply any oki? Bait a wakeup and punish, or use 2 xx Flipkick on Lasso spin. Waking up isn't so bad because to beat our wakeups she has to D3. Correct me if I'm wrong but after the D3 we can D1, jump back 1, or backdash in Escrima. If she starts going for 50/50s on wakeup then you can wakeup.

Air dashes suck ass, not really much we can do outside if JB1/2 or maybe a well-timed D2 in staff, or J3 in Escrima.

Why cant we apply pressure? Parry? Parries go both ways - If it's a bad read on their behalf you can punish them for it for 30% + meterless up close, and 20% or so meterless further out. Personally, this is no worse than a 4-6 for Nightwing because both sides have to make reads.

I know @Cossner used to think the matchup was 6-4 Green Arrow a few months ago...not sure If he still thinks that though. 5-5 sounds right to me.
Aquaman number surprises me TBH...I didn't think it was quite that awful for her.

Yoaks

A spaceman
If WW has Lobo in the corner I agree that it's 6-4 but anywhere else it feels even to me. If Lobo has a life lead he can turtle better than WoWo can do to him. Both have good mid-ranges options. WoWo's normals reach farther but Lobo's are faster. They both can also apply each other's oki against one another.

Last edited: