What's new

General/Other - Kenshi My Reaction to reading the Kenshi Buffs

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I tried out kenshi back when pig first posted his guide thread with the intention of using Kenjutsu variation but I couldn't land his combos to save my life. Hopefully now I will be able to use Kenshi more as he's always been one of my favorite characters.

I mean, I blind swordsman... how can you not think that's badass??

Also look forward to watching Pig take Kenshi to a major win. Good luck dude.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I assume you meant to say B3.

D3~DB1 does not combo.

Anyway, people already weren't bothering with Kenjutsu specifically because that link is way too much work, when you consider all the other characters that get huge damage without having to learn an impossibly difficult 1 frame link.

Now we've traded one just frame for another... who cares.

Props to anyone who actually learns that link and uses it to win tournaments. More power to you. I'll be sticking to my lightning run cancels that give me full screen corner carry into a standing reset, into a safe 50/50 that gives me 60% of a bar every time you block it.
But....Kenshi has a beard.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
NRS had to buff Kenshi. It looks bad if the only blind guy is low-tier :DOGE.

Seriously though, Kenshi's too cool to be bottom 5. Also it's great that he's one of the few characters that the variation system actually benefits right now because all 3 variations are really good.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I'm not a Kenshi main, but he's needed buffs badly to be viewed as a threat. He got exactly what he needed here.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Yeah im also wondering how hes top 5 also now. The biggest change was to kenjutsu but i dunno other chars still seem less work for more but we'll see. Maybe im underestimating his vortex/space control, meter building.

Maybe @Pig Of The Hut you can pm me what you found yeh?:) i havent had the chance to try the new kenshi yet just checked his changes.

Last edited:

Bilbo11

Noob
any chance @pigofthehut will make a video or at least a new combo thread with our new and improved Kenshi ? does this make Kenjitsu viable? super keen :')

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I tried out kenshi back when pig first posted his guide thread with the intention of using Kenjutsu variation but I couldn't land his combos to save my life. Hopefully now I will be able to use Kenshi more as he's always been one of my favorite characters.

I mean, I blind swordsman... how can you not think that's badass??

Also look forward to watching Pig take Kenshi to a major win. Good luck dude.
That's right, a character isn't balanced until it's back to winning every tournament. They nailed the balance for Kenshi in MK9 amirite, spot on with the balancing there, let's see if these new buffs are enough for Kenshi to be "balanced" again :D

I've been on vacation so I'm just now seeing the buffs for Kenshi! I must say it's great for us Kenshi mains and I'm glad I've mained him since day one. :)

I know Kenjutsu is really strong now, but I'm going to stick with balance. :)

Really looking forward to seeing @Pig Of The Hut Kenshi tech as well as others.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Casual reminder: if you abandoned Kenshi in the first few days and now come back, you aren't a Kenshi main, you're a top tier main.
Fair dues to the likes of Pig who stuck it out. Looking forward to see what he can do going forward and to getting around to Kenshi eventually
Lol who gives a shit. No one cares if you play X character from day 1, day 100 or day 1000. If you get results then good on you.

Can Pig or someone explain the logic that these buffs are gonna make him top five? I just don't see it.
The Balanced variation changes are definitely gonna help with some of his worse matchups, and the Kenjutsu buffs will make the variation better than useless like it was, but he still has a super punishable overhead option which can't be cancelled or OS'd to be safe. Kenjutsu zoning got a damage buff but the frame data is still pretty crappy. Am i missing something?
Yea I kind of have the same question of what makes him top 5