What's new

General/Other - Kenshi My Reaction to reading the Kenshi Buffs

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Casual reminder: if you abandoned Kenshi in the first few days and now come back, you aren't a Kenshi main, you're a top tier main.
Fair dues to the likes of Pig who stuck it out. Looking forward to see what he can do going forward and to getting around to Kenshi eventually
this is very emotional,i m gonna cry,you think pig picked kenshi at mk9 because he liked him,and not because he was a top tier?are you seriously posted that comment?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
this is very emotional,i m gonna cry,you think pig picked kenshi at mk9 because he liked him,and not because he was a top tier?are you seriously posted that comment?
To be fair, no one really played Kenshi until Pig showed how good he was. So Pig has a right to claim Kenshi as his own because he put the time in to make the character what it was. If he didn't like the character I don't think he would have continued to play him even this far along in the game's life. Look at how many Kitana mains have already switched characters.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
We got neutrals now Pig, add me to the Kenshi mains list officially :p

Now scorpion can no longer reversal punish it with ex teleport anywhere on the screen if he blocks one :p

however is pretty possible he can still reversal punish on whiff though.

Really glad for the Kenshi Kommunity, now i get to play Kenjutsu and balanced as i always wanted, that Kenjutsu Rising Karma juggle restritiong being relaxed is a well deserved buff.
So you leaving the scorpion army? I'm giving Tanya a good shot but at worst if she ultimately ends up being a new main scorpion will be my second.

As for Kenshi, good for those players. Now I need to ask @Blackula the same question again about his character :p

stamatis

I main scorpion and i don't intend to abandon him, however i played kenshi since day 1, though i was enjoying him it wasn't satisfying at all losing to almost everyone in the cast.

Even if i didn't claimed myself as a kenshi main, since day one, i don't intend to seek anything to relate me to other kenshi players as well, it doesn't matter if you or they care if i was there or not, i shared my thoughs on how hard kenjutsu was before patch, and definitely agreed with them in majority of how bad kenshi was. So i finally got the one buff i asked for and the Kenshi community asked for, why wouldn't i play him?

Sure i'm not a 100% dedicated main, but now i get to pick him more and actually enjoy the character and play a more neutral oriented game with Balanced and Kenjutsu rather than rely 100% of this task on scorpion, which aside from A-list Johnny was the only character where i was intensively playing all 3 variations.

Scorpion main? You can bet your balls on it, since day 0 playing him (yes i got the game earlier).
Kenshi secondary? sure
I'm i tier whoring? lol no, it has nothing to do with his tier placement.

And also, who are you to say everyone that you're not worth playing kenshi now that he got buffed :p
next time you sign in,
1.go to single player
2.training
3.practice and then go to pick kenshi,it won't,it will say ""you are not worthy""
i had the same issue after posting a comment that ''true'' kenshi players didi not like!

stamatis

To be fair, no one really played Kenshi until Pig showed how good he was. So Pig has a right to claim Kenshi as his own because he put the time in to make the character what it was. If he didn't like the character I don't think he would have continued to play him even this far along in the game's life. Look at how many Kitana mains have already switched characters.
listen kenshi was good since his creation,he did not get in love with pig's pad and decided to be top tier,are you watching the comments here?they say who is worthy and who is not to pick a char!

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Insanely happy about this but Im confused, where is the PC version patch-wise compared to the consoles? I thought we were caught up (I never paid much attention) but after reading a little.. We are behind in patch's? This patch has my hype as hell, and I want it =\

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I don't know about Kenshi being top 5...But he is much better now after the hotfix.

possessed is op af now. dont even bother moving after his low starter at full screen. lol a -6 projecticle?!?! STAHP i can finally play kenshi again and now tack on kenjutsu

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Well, to be fair, everytime we discuss her issues, idiots flood the thread whining about how good she is and use theory fighting. Plus Reo and Tom Brady are large advocates for "Kitana IS FINE, GUYS!!!". Plus...our top player has remained silent about her.

You guys have been treated totally differently. But either way, Kenshi and Kitana are the two I want to see buffed into Bane-ville so I'm pleased with his changes and quite happy for you guys. ;)
Were the Kitana buffs good though?

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
ok one more problem
in his posessed variation there is something i find weird. his normal demon slam is -6 on block
but his close or far demon slam is -56 WTF??

infamy23

FireBeard
B3 DB1 D1 still feels like a just frame to me

I know that it must be a 2 frame window, but it definitely doesn't feel like it. I was hitting it 3/10 times before the patch, and I'm still hitting it 3/10 times.

Personally I think people are over reacting to these buffs. Kenjutsu still suffers from the exact same problems as before. That link is still inconsistent as hell, and he still needs meter to do anything worth a damn.

Balanced still has no overhead. Yeah his BF3 is way better now, but this is an offensive game, and without an overhead, it's just a matter of time before you get in on him, and bait his oh-so-predictable EX RK that people STILL aren't baiting properly even after almost 2 months.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Balanced still has no overhead. Yeah his BF3 is way better now, but this is an offensive game, and without an overhead, it's just a matter of time before you get in on him, and bait his oh-so-predictable EX RK that people STILL aren't baiting properly even after almost 2 months.
So you don't know how to ever open someone up without a 50/50? Man you people are lazy.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
ok one more problem
in his posessed variation there is something i find weird. his normal demon slam is -6 on block
but his close or far demon slam is -56 WTF??
Frame data is incorrect, its -6. Tested with slide.

If you can get in on jackie then new balanced :DOGE kenshi should not be a problem.

B3 DB1 D1 still feels like a just frame to me

I know that it must be a 2 frame window, but it definitely doesn't feel like it. I was hitting it 3/10 times before the patch, and I'm still hitting it 3/10 times.
B3~DB1 now combos into standing 11~special cancel due to the faster start up time for 1 now, it's still pretty tight though. Something to work with.

Last edited:
full-auto jaqui like? stilll don't really like it. :/
If you see someone neutral crouching from full screen, you can db4f. Jacqui doesn't have that option. It's good that there's a way to punish Tele-Flurry cause otherwise at -9 it would be really oppressive to some characters.

infamy23

FireBeard
D3~DB1 now combos into standing 11~special cancel due to the faster start up time for 1 now, it's still pretty tight though. Something to work with.
I assume you meant to say B3.

D3~DB1 does not combo.

Anyway, people already weren't bothering with Kenjutsu specifically because that link is way too much work, when you consider all the other characters that get huge damage without having to learn an impossibly difficult 1 frame link.

Now we've traded one just frame for another... who cares.

Props to anyone who actually learns that link and uses it to win tournaments. More power to you. I'll be sticking to my lightning run cancels that give me full screen corner carry into a standing reset, into a safe 50/50 that gives me 60% of a bar every time you block it.

I did indeed mean B3, not D3. And the link actually feels less consistent than D1, which sucks.

Atleast I can spam tele-flurry in balance now, atleast until people start ducking it.

I assume you meant to say B3.

D3~DB1 does not combo.

Anyway, people already weren't bothering with Kenjutsu specifically because that link is way too much work, when you consider all the other characters that get huge damage without having to learn an impossibly difficult 1 frame link.

Now we've traded one just frame for another... who cares.

Props to anyone who actually learns that link and uses it to win tournaments. More power to you. I'll be sticking to my lightning run cancels that give me full screen corner carry into a standing reset, into a safe 50/50 that gives me 60% of a bar every time you block it.
Are you sure DB1 11 in kenjutsu is a just frame? I don't think it feels like one.