What's new

My perfect MK roster

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Was bored so made a list of my perfect mk roster of 30 characters plus 1 guest, and decided "hey, why not post it here and be told I have terrible taste in characters" :)

Granted I have only played the last 3 MK games so most characters before that I'm not too familiar with.

In no particular order, just the order they popped into my head

1. Lui Kang

2. Kung Lao

3. Scorpion

4. Sub Zero

5. Raiden

6. Kenshi

7. Fujin

8. Takeda

9. D'vorah

10. Kotal Khan

11. Goro

12. Shao Khan

13. Motaro

14. Kitana

15. Mileena

16. Tremor

17. Rain

18. Smoke

19. Sonya

20. Jax

21. Johnny

22. Jade

23. Shang Tsung

24. Reptile

25. Ermac

26. Quan Chi

27. Kano

28. Noob

29. Kabal

30. Ferra Torr

31. Corvo (guest)

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Well, I'm fine with it. Seems like a totally fair roster to me, and it even has the added bonus of having no cyborgs so I can continue watching all their fans complain.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

Here's mine, though it's more a remake of MK11 than anything else. Base roster in center with expansions / kombat packs separated (release order: top right -> bottom right -> bottom left -> top left).

KP1 - Aftermath
Characters:
Nightwolf, Fujin, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Sheeva
Style: Story expansion where all 6 characters are released together.
Notes: The base roster would be larger and left on its own for longer than it was before Shang was released in MK11. Thus, no character-only KP1 would be released. Instead, teases of story beats, environments, character gear, etc. would be slowly released after initial game launch until a teaser for a story expansion is dropped.

KP2 - Tales from the Krypt
Characters:
Goro, Reptile, Mileena, Spawn, Ermac, Kenshi
Style: This KP2 would be a character-only KP with the slow release of the characters over time as is usual.
Notes: All the above characters (minus Mileena and Spawn) are present in the Krypt in some shape or form. In this case, a secret burial area created by Rain/Tanya for Mileena would also be findable in the Krypt so she'd be represented. Spawn would be a super secret side puzzle. Upon being found prior to the KP2 release, he tells you to keep waiting just a little longer. After KP2 release, he's no longer in the Krypt and all that's left is a note saying the wait is over.

KP3 - Netherrealm War
Characters:
Smoke (revenant), Sareena, Shinnok, Freddy, Quan Chi, Ashrah
Style: This KP3 would be a character-only KP with the slow release of the characters over time as is usual.
Notes: Notable Netherrealm characters and Freddy Krueger. Not much else to say.

KP4 - Ultimate
Characters:
Taven, Great Kung Lao, Shujinko, Dredd, Li Mei, Kai
Style: This KP4 would be a character-only KP with the slow release of the characters over time as is usual.
Notes: Heroes of various eras.

The MK11 roster as is almost perfect. I went mostly off of what the roster is like right now with a few changes.

My changes.

Takeda>Jacqui: Jacqui Briggs is the one Kombat Kid that has so little character depth that all she boils down to is "I'm Jax's daughter" and her design, although improved, is still really bland. Takeda on the other hand is the son of Kenshi and the pupil ("shujin" I think?) of Scorpion so that alone already gives him a bit more depth. Add to that he and Kenshi going after the Red Dragon for his mother's death and it's a bit baffling as to why they went with Jacqui instead. Takeda is so much interesting, story and gameplay wise.

Havik > Kabal : Havik is the ultimate wild-card. He would have actually added something to story considering he aligns with whoever is causing the most chaos. Would he have fought with or alongside Kronika? Certainly a lot more interesting that Kabal whose role in the story literally is just "Kano's lackey".

Kung Jin > Kung Lao : Kung Lao is pretty outdated at this point and in MK11 his entire personality was just "No, I'M the Chosen One". Kung Jin, however, has that same cockiness as his uncle but with a more personal and much more tense relationship with Liu Kang considering Liu doesn't approve of his sexuality or his thief past, which could have made for some pretty heavy story moments. There's also the obvious Jin vs Revenant Lao matchup that would have made waaaayyy more sense than past Liu and Lao facing their Revenant counterparts.

Li Mei > Jade : Not gonna lie, this one is mostly biased because I legitimately hate fighting Jade with every fibre of my being. Although, Jade's whole character for most of her existence has only been "I'm Kitana's best friend". She had a bit more individuality and story in Deception but that's it. Li Mei is a source of untapped potential. I always really dug the good guy Outworlder trope and was pretty disappointed when she only had a cameo in MKX. In MK11 she could have maybe been a key ally to Kotal, perhaps helping him gather the support of the people against Shao.

My Kombat Pack 3.

Quan Chi: The fact that MK's root of all evil didn't return when Kabal, Jade, Jax, Sonya and countless others did is fucking criminal. This man's whole gimmick is cheating death, you mean to tell me he somehow didn't show up among the past versions of characters OR WASN'T BARELY EVEN MENTIONED? Probably the biggest travesty when in comes to MK11's roster alongside Shang Tsung not being a base game character to begin with.

Ash Williams: I've wanted Ash in MK for years now. Yes, he has a chainsaw and a shotgun, but those used in tandem with THE NECRONOMICON would make for a rad as fuck playstyle. Not to mention all the quips and smart-arse attitude he has. He'd be a perfect guest character.

Kung Lao: Like I said earlier, Lao is outdated at this point. He's still a fan favourite, so him being DLC and not having any bearing on the story seems like a good compromise. (Edit) That and he would be the packs main selling point.

Drahmin: It breaks my heart that Ed Boon has it out for Drahmin just because it was difficult to animated his iron club back in 2001-2002. Drahmin would so goddamn brutal in a NRS game. A Oni with decaying and rotten flesh that beats you to a pulp? YES PLEASE.

Chameleon: MK11's Triborg, really. Why not just shove Ermac, Reptile and Smoke into the one character? I mean, it was already done with Shang Tsung but Chameleon could be a much more fleshed out and true to form version of the three. Give him bits and pieces of all their MK9 movesets and it would be golden.

Murilima

I criticize because I love!

Main Roster
Shaolin Monks: in this line, we have the basic Shaolin group with Kai's come back.
Ninjas and Robots: in this line, we have the classic trio with Tremor in the standard roster and the rightful place of Mustard and Ketchup in the main roster.
Cops and Dragons: the special forces trio of parents and black dragon members, this line a dere a little bit putting Tasia to debut like her buddy Tremor on MKX but in the main roster, also just like Tremor with a brand new outfit in MKX comics.
Around The Realms: Here a put characters from various realms to bring something like Crisis on Infinite Realms, a came back of Ma Man Shujinko alongside Havik, Hotaru, Nitara, Kotal, my favorite character from this new generation, and Quan'Chi.
Bad But Good: Here we have the classic bosses and Outworld enemies with classic assassin trio(All of Three)
Obs.: I chose to put no gest on the main roster

KP1: Godhood
In this pack, we have the demi-god bros Taven, Deagon, and Rain with the gods Fujin, Shinnok, and as my first guest Kratos(I know NRS never repeat guests, but this is my list, never gonna happen anyway so... let's have some fun)

KP2: Femme Fatality
In this second kombat pack, I decided to bring only female characters, some the players want back(Like Sareena) others I want back(Li Mei), some with a recent in-game apparition, Skarlet, Tanya, and Frost(Not-robot) with my second guest, Beatrix Kiddo(I know you like it :cool:)

KP3: For Fan
In this peck e decide to bring characters I don't particularly like some fans like so here it is, Chassie and Jackie, the legacy daughters, Ermac and Nightwolf, classic hero and Vilain(OK I actually like this two, I just didn't know how fit than in the main roster or previous pecks) and finally Kenshi and Erron Black, Kenshi is a fan favorite, he's cool. Erron Black is just OK I guess, I don't like him but some people did so I think he can fit the roster well.

KP4: Never Gonna Happen
OK, this last peck is kind of a joke... but not. NRS never did and probably never will do a 4th KP, so I gonna use this spot to bring 6 characters which I think NRS definitely doesn't want back. From Black Dragon Kobra and Kira, both of them are pretty generic but think they could be nice with the proper rework in special Kira, a deadly assassin with two daggers could be a character with a nice move set, and Kobra could be more karate and less fire ball. Now from the Red Dragon, Hsu Hao, and Mavado. I know this day Hsu Hao practically become a joke and fit partially ever "worst character list and whatever" but I really think he could be a good villain with the proper treatment and move set, he looks bad, and if people dislike him is because of the NRS if they put more effort in his story. Same for Mavado, he could be more than the guy with Kabal hook-blades. And to finish two characters I actually like, Blaze and Darius, One is a fire elemental created by the gods and the other is a ruthless revolutionary in Order Realm and his oppressive regime, both have a nice story and could fit I more cross realms storyline.

Ps.: I know my roster have no Noob Saibot or Smoke, I also love these characters but I have the limit of 30 characters, and none of then fit well the pecks, maybe they could replace Ermac or Kenshi, or even Cassie and Jacquie (They definitely could replace Cassie and Jacquie). But a create this 3rd peck to be one size fit all, with characters from different generations, I tried to think I little game dev on this one, but in my heart, my personal MK roster have no space for the children of the really good characters. So if you think the same you can replace any character from the 3rd peck for Smoke and Noob and you gonna have the best MK roster ever.

Damn't this Roster is GOOD! I'm so proud of myself, yeah I am.
:cool:

Murilima

Was bored so made a list of my perfect mk roster of 30 characters plus 1 guest, and decided "hey, why not post it here and be told I have terrible taste in characters" :)

Granted I have only played the last 3 MK games so most characters before that I'm not too familiar with.

In no particular order, just the order they popped into my head

1. Lui Kang

2. Kung Lao

3. Scorpion

4. Sub Zero

5. Raiden

6. Kenshi

7. Fujin

8. Takeda

9. D'vorah

10. Kotal Khan

11. Goro

12. Shao Khan

13. Motaro

14. Kitana

15. Mileena

16. Tremor

17. Rain

18. Smoke

19. Sonya

20. Jax

21. Johnny

22. Jade

23. Shang Tsung

24. Reptile

25. Ermac

26. Quan Chi

27. Kano

28. Noob

29. Kabal

30. Ferra Torr

31. Corvo (guest)

Do you really pick Motaro? That's was really daring of you. I like it a lot. Shao, Kotal, Goro, Ferra'tor, and Motaro, do you really like big rushdown characters, don't you?;) Damn now I want how NST could put a character like Motaro in this new games.

Murilima

View attachment 17589

Here's mine, though it's more a remake of MK11 than anything else. Base roster in center with expansions / kombat packs separated (release order: top right -> bottom right -> bottom left -> top left).

KP1 - Aftermath
Characters:
Nightwolf, Fujin, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Sheeva
Style: Story expansion where all 6 characters are released together.
Notes: The base roster would be larger and left on its own for longer than it was before Shang was released in MK11. Thus, no character-only KP1 would be released. Instead, teases of story beats, environments, character gear, etc. would be slowly released after initial game launch until a teaser for a story expansion is dropped.

KP2 - Tales from the Krypt
Characters:
Goro, Reptile, Mileena, Spawn, Ermac, Kenshi
Style: This KP2 would be a character-only KP with the slow release of the characters over time as is usual.
Notes: All the above characters (minus Mileena and Spawn) are present in the Krypt in some shape or form. In this case, a secret burial area created by Rain/Tanya for Mileena would also be findable in the Krypt so she'd be represented. Spawn would be a super secret side puzzle. Upon being found prior to the KP2 release, he tells you to keep waiting just a little longer. After KP2 release, he's no longer in the Krypt and all that's left is a note saying the wait is over.

KP3 - Netherrealm War
Characters:
Smoke (revenant), Sareena, Shinnok, Freddy, Quan Chi, Ashrah
Style: This KP3 would be a character-only KP with the slow release of the characters over time as is usual.
Notes: Notable Netherrealm characters and Freddy Krueger. Not much else to say.

KP4 - Ultimate
Characters:
Taven, Great Kung Lao, Shujinko, Dredd, Li Mei, Kai
Style: This KP4 would be a character-only KP with the slow release of the characters over time as is usual.
Notes: Heroes of various eras.
I don't know about Ashra, Kung Jin, and Judge Dread, but I instarespect any list with MA MAN Shujinko! Outstanding!

Zviko

Noob
I quite like op's roster but I just can't see the roster like that without Sindel. So I'd swap her for Takeda probably. He seems a bit out of place in that roster. I'd probably swap out Ferra Torr as well for someone like Tanya/Havik/Sareena/Nitara/Ashrah,....

colby4898

I quite like op's roster but I just can't see the roster like that without Sindel. So I'd swap her for Takeda probably. He seems a bit out of place in that roster. I'd probably swap out Ferra Torr as well for someone like Tanya/Havik/Sareena/Nitara/Ashrah,....
I liked Takeda, they brought back the 2 most boring kombat kids for 11. Ferra Torr I thought we cool too, though I know he wasn't a popular choice. I'm dont know any of the characters you mentioned other than Tanya from X. Since screams just annoy me audibly lol

colby4898

Do you really pick Motaro? That's was really daring of you. I like it a lot. Shao, Kotal, Goro, Ferra'tor, and Motaro, do you really like big rushdown characters, don't you?;) Damn now I want how NST could put a character like Motaro in this new games.
I dont usually like playing as them, but they're cool and there should be more characters like that... there arent any in mk11 really

Murilima

I dont usually like playing as them, but they're cool and there should be more characters like that... there arent any in mk11 really
That's true, the game normally have a few of then, this game we have only Shao Khan and maybe Geras which is more like a grappler, the game needs more big guys.