What's new

My Opinion Injustice 2 is a dissapointment

Man, I agree with your title, but the post is garbage. Here's a sample of Injustice 2's actual problems:

Every Combo ends in a full screen knockback
Every Projectile sends you full screen
Knockdowns aren't advantageous unless you do send them full screen.
Stages are massive, and most characters have full screen moves.
Some interactables are unblockable (again...)
If any game needed a block button, it's this one, as every character wants to walk backwards anyway.
Instead of needing meter to make wake-ups invincible, it makes them safe ("Okizami whatever" costs a bar)

Feel free to add to the list.
1. Not true.
2. Not true.
3. Not true.
The rest is true but I don't agree thats a bad thing, except for the interactables maybe.

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
Your reasons seem so odd... Like how every character should be fair played and not based on matchups and that you want every character to have the same set of tools. Why? That ruins the uniqueness of their character and doesn't cater to different players' playstyles. Uh, and matchups are a huge part of fighting games... However, the game was disappointing to me on a more personal level. I enjoyed the story, but in terms of fighting I just couldn't invest myself into the game. For other games, not just fighting games, I've wanted to improve and push myself to do so. For this game, it just wasn't there. Not saying its a bad game, but the game just isn't for me.

Your reasons seem so odd... Like how every character should be fair played and not based on matchups and that you want every character to have the same set of tools. Why? That ruins the uniqueness of their character and doesn't cater to different players' playstyles. Uh, and matchups are a huge part of fighting games... However, the game was disappointing to me on a more personal level. I enjoyed the story, but in terms of fighting I just couldn't invest myself into the game. For other games, not just fighting games, I've wanted to improve and push myself to do so. For this game, it just wasn't there. Not saying its a bad game, but the game just isn't for me.
Dude I feel the same way. I really really tried to like this game, invest time, etc. but ultimately got really really bored of it, feel like I'm playing underwater in this game, doesn't seem to have any fluid gameplay to me. Even watching this game at events got boring to me. That's probably the reason why it always has like thousands of fewer viewers than sfv, or fewer registered players even after only months of its release. But I'm not saying its a bad game or nothing like that, it just didn't do it for me, to each his own I guess? But I disagree with OP about this game geared (excuse the pun) towards competitive, it's the complete opposite in my opinion. I guess I'll say it again, MK11 CANT COME SOON ENOUGH.

My problem is that a character will always be better than the other depending on who it is match ups match ups match ups
Every fighting game will have match up issues. Even Tekken being one of the most balanced out games has matchup knowledge to take into consideration despite every character sharing specific tools the game brings. You mentioned MKX and before you complained characters not all having the tools to fight other characters which is odd because MKX despite it's Variation system had the same problem in alot of matchups because some characters ha a core concept behind them and the variations just gave leniency not a complete makeover. Your complains on this game are rather present in almost every fighting game in existence just some have higher problems than others.

I do wish some of the custom abilities were part of a character's main move list or you could choose at least one ability in a ranked match ala choose a variation in mkx. I think it would help some characters close the gap with matchup problems.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Speaking solely about the females, only Cheetah is even half as unique a character as Hawkgirl, Zatanna and killer frost were in the first game. I expected this game to expand further on those unorthodox kind of builds but sadly it didn't happen.
Zatanna I'll give you, but I think Canary and now Starfire are easily as unique as Hawkgirl. Meanwhile, Poison Ivy is literally just Killer Frost but more complex and unique lol

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Dude I feel the same way. I really really tried to like this game, invest time, etc. but ultimately got really really bored of it, feel like I'm playing underwater in this game, doesn't seem to have any fluid gameplay to me. Even watching this game at events got boring to me. That's probably the reason why it always has like thousands of fewer viewers than sfv, or fewer registered players even after only months of its release. But I'm not saying its a bad game or nothing like that, it just didn't do it for me, to each his own I guess? But I disagree with OP about this game geared (excuse the pun) towards competitive, it's the complete opposite in my opinion. I guess I'll say it again, MK11 CANT COME SOON ENOUGH.
Well your first fighter was MKX, all up in your face 99% of the time, running, full screen reaching mids and everything... you now think that's how fighters are supposed to be played lol.

Well your first fighter was MKX, all up in your face 99% of the time, running, full screen reaching mids and everything... you now think that's how fighters are supposed to be played lol.
I don't know, could be, but after giving injustice 2 weeks of playing I came to the conclusion that at the heart of this game it doesn't even feel like a 100% fighter. It feels like a mix between a fighter/shooter/under water game. Not saying it's not a real fighter, I'm saying IN MY OPINION, it feels that way. I know MKX wasn't perfect, but you bet your ass it was 10x funner than injustice 2. I mean even now I play mkx and enjoy it, while it became a chore to "try" to like injustice 2. Also I'd like to invest my time in games that will last more than one evo because I love watching it. I really wish mk 11 would last like 5 years before they bring out injustice 3. Anyhow this is my opinion, I'm sure we all have one. At the end of the day just play what you like. To OP, if you don't like it don't play it, but at least you gave it a chance, I did too, now I know it's not a game for me.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Zatanna I'll give you, but I think Canary and now Starfire are easily as unique as Hawkgirl. Meanwhile, Poison Ivy is literally just Killer Frost but more complex and unique lol
I dunno hawkgirl was something else imo, miss that crazy wench! I haven't tried canary out tbh i already play a character with Trex limbs but I might have a mess about with her this week.

You're spot on about Ivy though, now if only her strings didn't contradict her special inputs I would be all over her like a tramp on chips. I don't mind the execution level but if I'm going to be busting my fingers I want some truly broken shit like Zatanna's unseeable 50/50s

I suppose you're right though maybe I'm just not finding the characters as fun this time around, it sucks that I'm waiting to see who is in fighter pack 2 before deciding wether to just drop the game- which is ridiculous as I still play inj1 from time to time with a few people.

If only I didn't restrict myself by only playing characters with boobs

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I don't know, could be, but after giving injustice 2 weeks of playing I came to the conclusion that at the heart of this game it doesn't even feel like a 100% fighter. It feels like a mix between a fighter/shooter/under water game. Not saying it's not a real fighter, I'm saying IN MY OPINION, it feels that way. I know MKX wasn't perfect, but you bet your ass it was 10x funner than injustice 2. I mean even now I play mkx and enjoy it, while it became a chore to "try" to like injustice 2. Also I'd like to invest my time in games that will last more than one evo because I love watching it. I really wish mk 11 would last like 5 years before they bring out injustice 3. Anyhow this is my opinion, I'm sure we all have one. At the end of the day just play what you like. To OP, if you don't like it don't play it, but at least you gave it a chance, I did too, now I know it's not a game for me.
I liked MKX, I'm sorry you don't like Inj2 but I think it's a much better game.

methademic

UPR Methademic
Man, the dudes posting all these "injustice is a let down" type posts do know they they can just not play the game right. No need to go to a site frequented by people who generally enjoy the game and tell everyone you don't like it. I don't like broccoli but I don't go to taste your greens.com and tell them about it.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Honestly I think injustice is a great game. Not exactly the game for me though. To me, movement is really important, and this game just feels very stiff and jerky

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
As a casual I have to disagree with this post...

I think IJ2 is probably the MOST casual friendly NRS game. The new character Starfire is a great example.. in IJ2 there are characters that are very good for casuals, as in designed to be easy to play.

Also, while the gear system is a fail for competitive types (not wanting to screw up their muscle memory) as a casual I found the fears people had about it were unfounded. It takes only a smattering of play to get top level and have enough gear to hit the gear enabled play. Cool new moves drop now and then and you find the "texture" of the matches are in fact fun (for me at least). You occasionally find a person that is just over geared but I treat them as a "boss" and it IS only very rare... anyone that tells you otherwise is lieing and probably never tried it. I actually think the causal gear on scene is extremely fun.

As a viewer, I found the start of IJ2 to be very dull, though as the game is getting sorted and the pros have worked out a lot, the game is becoming more and more interesting to watch. Just check out Viennality or the last war of the gods... epic and awesome, edge of the seat intense gameplay.