What's new

My opinion CSZ MU thread discussion

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
So like it says in the title, these are my opinions from my experience, please feel free to express your opinions as well but let’s not start any arguments. You know who you are. As an alternative for arguing lets help each other and explain our reason for our opinion and if need be, agree to disagree.

CSZ - Scorpion: 5-5, I feel Scorp is a 5-5 with damn near all the cast.

CSZ - Liu Kang: 3-7, Pretty much renders Ice Parry useless, can keep him out quite easily with IAF's and low fireballs. From my experience nowhere is safe for CSZ against LK. My best bet is usually to bait a special and punish/reset the shit out of him. LK's parry is punishable by b3 ex freeze.

CSZ - Kung Loa: 4.5-5.5, The only thing that is hard other than the fact that you’re fighting KL for CSZ is his low hat and tele's. Tele is quite easy to get with Ice Parry, but you’re getting only 2/3 of the dmg of an uppercut and his uppercut is a gamble for a tele punish. It only works 50% of the time with CSZ for me. But CSZ can stay in pretty well and has a chance to lay down some mix-ups and bait spins.

CSZ - Sub-Zero: 4-6, In my experience Ice Clone > Csz. The only reason this MU isn’t worse is because CSZ can do pretty well if he can get in, which at some point he most likely will...If. EX Ice ball is my friend in this MU.

CSZ - Sindel: 3.5-6.5, First and formost you cant do anything against the overhead notorius wakeup kick, Also, with most charecters with air fireballs you can punish with a slide on their way down. It dosnt work that way with Sindel because her fireball goes diaganal and will hit you because you have to wait longer for the slide because she stays suspended in the air longer. Also can't trade. It only works for me 1 out of 10 times. Thanks @Nemesis240 for the MU exp.

CSZ - Ermac: 4-6, TKP rapes CSZ. And that’s about it. CSZ can do work if he gets in but anywhere other than in Ermac's face isn’t safe.

CSZ - Reptile: 3.5-6.5, Once Reptile realizes he needs to zone in this MU, he is laughing. 21 Pressure doesn’t work. Can't trade.

CSZ - Kitana: This is out of every single fighter in the game my least favorite fighter to fight no matter who I choose. Dylan vs. Kitana: 2-8.

CSZ - Johnny Cage: 4-6, Now if you’re already getting the shit frame trapped out of you, CSZ is kinda screwed. It’s hard enough to Ice Parry JC during pressure, throw in some low pokes it’s near impossible. This is a hard MU for CSZ because I feel like he has no comfort zone in this MU.

CSZ - Jade: 5-5, Not very much MU exp, but enough to know that Jades zoning can mess CSZ up but up-close I think CSZ wins.

CSZ - Mileena: 4-6, It isn’t hard to bait a roll/tele from Mileena and CSZ can punish with 34, dash fwd, b22, slide. But the reason this is a hard MU for CSZ is because of those damn Sias. EX tele can be parried but its tough timing. Other than the Sias this isn't so bad.

CSZ - NightWolf: 4.5-5.5, NW's f3's hitbox is so low that the parry won’t get it and NW gets atleast 20% every time he touches you but other than that I have no problem with the MU.

CSZ - Cyrax: Don't have enough MU exp, hope I never do.

CSZ - Noob Saibot: 4.5-5.5, As long as Noob keeps throwing the correct projectile, CSZ has a hard time getting in, but up close CSZ has the advantage. Can't trade.

CSZ - Smoke: I really wouldn’t know how to do a MU thread for Smoke because I feel like he makes everyone play by his rules. Probably a 4.5-5.5 or 4-5?

CSZ - Sektor: 4-6, Sektor's zoning can keep CSZ out and he can probably punish DK's with b34. Super fast up-close and incorporating b3 into pressure/mix-up will mess with Ice parry.

CSZ - Sonya: 4.5-5.5, If Sonya wasn’t able to effectively zone CSZ this would be a 5-5. Ring and Arch Kick ruin CSZ's day.

CSZ - Jax: 3.5-6.5, Ice Parry gives Jax the giggles and he can zone CSZ pretty well. 21 Pressure can be stopped every time by Jax's pokes and even Superman Punch.

CSZ - Kano: I don't take Kano seriously. Pass.

CSZ - Stryker: 5.5-4.5, Slide will eat Stryker alive. Other than that this is pretty even.

CSZ - Shang Tsung: 6-4, The only problem CSZ has with this MU is epic Skull zonage. Other than well timed skulls this one is pretty easy for CSZ on paper at least.

CSZ - Baraka: 5-5??? I think of Baraka in the same sense I do Smoke. You’re playing by his rules (only this time around the fighter isn't broken). Spin and Blade charge are completely unpunishable to my knowledge. Other than a poke to Baraka during Spin but CSZ's pokes are made out of pinecones so he can't really apply pressure afterwards.

CSZ - Kabal: :(

CSZ - Raiden: 5.5-4.5, Ice parry scare's Raiden so he will probably NEVER finish a string against you in fear of the parry. But fly goes through parry. Pressure/jip's don't work to well so this is going to mostly be a match of Ice parry's, Dive kicks, Electric fly’s and Electric balls. Fun.

CSZ - Rain: 5-5, They are pretty evenly matched. The only problem for CSZ is Geyser Kick screws CSZ's wake up game. All in all pretty good MU.

CSZ - Kenshi: 4-6, Tech roll makes my CSZ wanna cry in this MU. But you can bait the tech roll/wakeup and throw an Ice ball instead but if he does TKtackle that probably won’t work either. Trading is good in this one. Have fun with bombs and Ice balls. Watch out for wake-ups, they get me all the time. Not too familiar with this MU.

Yes I know I didnt do Sheeva or Quan Chi but Ive never fought either legitimitly.

Thanks for reading, feel free to express your opinion and discuss.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
IIRC I beat your CSZ in ranked with Smoke once (I agree that this is 5.5-4.5 in Smoke's favor btw), but you absolutely destroyed my Kenshi in a KOTH. lol.

Pig Of The Hut said this matchup is in CSZ's favor back in K7's podcast. Do you still think this now that you yourself main Kenshi, Pig?

NKZero

Noob
I think with the Cyber Sub-Sektor match, if Cyber Sub can get in on Sektor then Sektor is in trouble. Dive kicks may be problematic for Sektor and I don't think the B34 will punish it (range is too short I believe). Also Cyber Sub can bully Sektor into the corner with the bombs and potentially bait out unsafe teleports. On the other hand, Sektor will punish things like the parry or slides as well as anyone in the game. You have to take some risks in this match as Cyber Sub. I'd say 5-5 or maybe even 5.5-4.5 in Cyber Sub's favour.

Anyways the only character I really use against Cyber Sub is Sub Zero....and we all know how that match-up goes :)

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
IIRC I beat your CSZ in ranked with Smoke once (I agree that this is 5.5-4.5 in Smoke's favor btw), but you absolutely destroyed my Kenshi in a KOTH. lol.

Pig Of The Hut said this matchup is in CSZ's favor back in K7's podcast. Do you still think this now that you yourself main Kenshi, Pig?
I think CSZ vs Kenshi is very fun and very winable. Just I think it may slightly be in Kenshi's favor.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I think with the Cyber Sub-Sektor match, if Cyber Sub can get in on Sektor then Sektor is in trouble. Dive kicks may be problematic for Sektor and I don't think the B34 will punish it (range is too short I believe). Also Cyber Sub can bully Sektor into the corner with the bombs and potentially bait out unsafe teleports. On the other hand, Sektor will punish things like the parry or slides as well as anyone in the game. You have to take some risks in this match as Cyber Sub. I'd say 5-5 or maybe even 5.5-4.5 in Cyber Sub's favour.

Anyways the only character I really use against Cyber Sub is Sub Zero....and we all know how that match-up goes :)
Yes CSZ needs to take risks in this MU to win for sure. Sub vs CSZ is depressing. I don't fight too many Sektors as CSZ but since I main Sek as well I can put it together pretty well I think.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
CSZ - Scorpion: 5-5, I feel Scorp is a 5-5 with damn near all the cast.
Agreed

CSZ - Liu Kang: 3-7, Pretty much renders Ice Parry useless, can keep him out quite easily with IAF's and low fireballs. From my experience nowhere is safe for CSZ against LK. My best bet is usually to bait a special and punish/reset the shit out of him. LK's parry is punishable by b3 ex freeze.

IMO this is a 4-6. Liu Lang can fight csz pretty well with air control and his low starters cause problems for csz. Still a very winnable matchup for csz as long as you are the one initiating the pressure

CSZ - Kung Loa: 4.5-5.5, The only thing that is hard other than the fact that you’re fighting KL for CSZ is his low hat and tele's. Tele is quite easy to get with Ice Parry, but you’re getting only 2/3 of the dmg of an uppercut and his uppercut is a gamble for a tele punish. It only works 50% of the time with CSZ for me. But CSZ can stay in pretty well and has a chance to lay down some mix-ups and bait spins.

I disagree with the Lao as the favorite in this match up. I believe this is a 5.5-4.5 in csz favor. Csz punishes Lao way harder then Lao punishes csz. Blocked spin or parried teleport gives csz massive damage. Its easy to scout out teleports and your dive kick gives you more air control than Lao. He needs to waste a meter to even punish it and only has one low starter that he can't hit confirm into spin. He has to dial it in. Not a good match for Lao.

CSZ - Sub-Zero: 4-6, In my experience Ice Clone > Csz. The only reason this MU isn’t worse is because CSZ can do pretty well if he can get in, which at some point he most likely will...If. EX Ice ball is my friend in this MU.

Agreed

CSZ - Sindel: 3.5-6.5, First and formost you cant do anything against the overhead notorius wakeup kick, Also, with most charecters with air fireballs you can punish with a slide on their way down. It dosnt work that way with Sindel because her fireball goes diaganal and will hit you because you have to wait longer for the slide because she stays suspended in the air longer. Also can't trade. It only works for me 1 out of 10 times. Thanks @Nemesis240 for the MU exp.

Agreed. Although you can punish her cartwheel wake up by just jumping straight up over it and hitting her with neutral jump punch into up4 slide or jump over punch into full combo works as well.

CSZ - Ermac: 4-6, TKP rapes CSZ. And that’s about it. CSZ can do work if he gets in but anywhere other than in Ermac's face isn’t safe.

More of a 4.5-5.5 IMO aslong as you don't dive kick without meter you'll be fine. One under pressure ermax has a hard time escaping.

CSZ - Reptile: 3.5-6.5, Once Reptile realizes he needs to zone in this MU, he is laughing. 21 Pressure doesn’t work. Can't trade.

I disagree. 6-4 csz favor all the way. On reaction to forceball you can teleport and full combo reptile. And once reptile is knocked down he has shitty options against csz. He can only attempt a slide, everything else gets crushed by 332 slide. Ex bombs and regular ice balls cause big problems for zoning reptiles.

CSZ - Kitana: This is out of every single fighter in the game my least favorite fighter to fight no matter who I choose. Dylan vs. Kitana: 2-8.

Lol csz vs kit is 6-4 hell ill even be bold enough to say 5.5-4.5. This match is just as hard for kitana as it is for csz. give up dive kicking across screen unless its an instant whiff dive kick to close the gap. One in her face most all her good combo starters Get parried . Cutter/ass/fans/pretty kick all get blown up on whiff or wake up.

CSZ - Johnny Cage: 4-6, Now if you’re already getting the shit frame trapped out of you, CSZ is kinda screwed. It’s hard enough to Ice Parry JC during pressure, throw in some low pokes it’s near impossible. This is a hard MU for CSZ because I feel like he has no comfort zone in this MU.

Id say 5.5-4.5 Johnny. Its mainly about figuring out your opponents habits and being familiar with Johnny's options and gaps In his traps.

CSZ - Jade: 5-5, Not very much MU exp, but enough to know that Jades zoning can mess CSZ up but up-close I think CSZ wins.

6-4 csz. Perfect dive kicks don't get punished by jade, due to her low damage output her risk reward is horrible so attempting to fight csz upclose is scary for jade

CSZ - Mileena: 4-6, It isn’t hard to bait a roll/tele from Mileena and CSZ can punish with 34, dash fwd, b22, slide. But the reason this is a hard MU for CSZ is because of those damn Sias. EX tele can be parried but its tough timing. Other than the Sias this isn't so bad.

Agreed

CSZ - NightWolf: 4.5-5.5, NW's f3's hitbox is so low that the parry won’t get it and NW gets atleast 20% every time he touches you but other than that I have no problem with the MU.

This matchup is even to me. Both have good pressure on each other and both can punish eachothers whiffs pretty well.

CSZ - Cyrax: Don't have enough MU exp, hope I never do.

5.5-4.5 cyrax .the only thing that makes it in cyrax favor is his damage output. Once the resets are removed this will be even. Both are heavy punishers and both have answers to each others mobility.

CSZ - Noob Saibot: 4.5-5.5, As long as Noob keeps throwing the correct projectile, CSZ has a hard time getting in, but up close CSZ has the advantage. Can't trade.

Disagreed. 6-4 csz. This matchup is a straight up guessing game for noob. Dive kick cannot be punished and noobs damage is nothing to be scared off. Simply jumping causes problems for most noobs. Just whatever you do don't try to jump over. You'll eat an up shadow every time.

CSZ - Smoke: I really wouldn’t know how to do a MU thread for Smoke because I feel like he makes everyone play by his rules. Probably a 4.5-5.5 or 4-5?

I'd say 5-5. Csz is one of the few characters that can keep up with smokes mobility. Smoke has a huge hitbox so pressuring him is pretty good. Overall this fight comes down to your footsie game. Smokes strength in this match up is I'm punishing your whiffed moves.

CSZ - Sektor: 4-6, Sektor's zoning can keep CSZ out and he can probably punish DK's with b34. Super fast up-close and incorporating b3 into pressure/mix-up will mess with Ice parry.

5-5 once again as a zoner sektor has to guess from a distance as to what your next move will be. Dive kick on reaction to missiles and try not cut your strings short too predictably or else you'll eat a 6 frame launching jab from sektor lol.

CSZ - Sonya: 4.5-5.5, If Sonya wasn’t able to effectively zone CSZ this would be a 5-5. Ring and Arch Kick ruin CSZ's day.

Agrees

CSZ - Jax: 3.5-6.5, Ice Parry gives Jax the giggles and he can zone CSZ pretty well. 21 Pressure can be stopped every time by Jax's pokes and even Superman Punch.

Agreed

CSZ - Kano: I don't take Kano seriously. Pass.

5-5 Janis recovery is a pain in the ass. Although I have no troubles with good kanos. I will say the safe up balls can be an issue for csz as well as his low combo starters. Up balls a good way to cut pressure off from csz.

CSZ - Stryker: 5.5-4.5, Slide will eat Stryker alive. Other than that this is pretty even.

Agreed

CSZ - Shang Tsung: 6-4, The only problem CSZ has with this MU is epic Skull zonage. Other than well timed skulls this one is pretty easy for CSZ on paper at least.

Agreed

CSZ - Baraka: 5-5??? I think of Baraka in the same sense I do Smoke. You’re playing by his rules (only this time around the fighter isn't broken). Spin and Blade charge are completely unpunishable to my knowledge. Other than a poke to Baraka during Spin but CSZ's pokes are made out of pinecones so he can't really apply pressure afterwards.

Agreed.

CSZ - Kabal: :(

Agreed lol I'm comfortable with the match up. But if a kabal can do perfect iagb this turns into an 7.5-2.5

CSZ - Raiden: 5.5-4.5, Ice parry scare's Raiden so he will probably NEVER finish a string against you in fear of the parry. But fly goes through parry. Pressure/jip's don't work to well so this is going to mostly be a match of Ice parry's, Dive kicks, Electric fly’s and Electric balls. Fun.

Agreed

CSZ - Rain: 5-5, They are pretty evenly matched. The only problem for CSZ is Geyser Kick screws CSZ's wake up game. All in all pretty good MU.

Agrred

CSZ - Kenshi: 4-6, Tech roll makes my CSZ wanna cry in this MU. But you can bait the tech roll/wakeup and throw an Ice ball instead but if he does TKtackle that probably won’t work either. Trading is good in this one. Have fun with bombs and Ice balls. Watch out for wake-ups, they get me all the time. Not too familiar with this MU.

Agreed I will put up more on this match up later

Yes I know I didnt do Sheeva or Quan Chi but Ive never fought either legitimitly.

Thanks for reading, feel free to express your opinion and discuss.

I disagreed with most but not by much. Overall csz must have solid footsie game and good execution to over come these matches. Thanks for putting your thoughts out there RampaginDragon

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I disagreed with most but not by much. Overall csz must have solid footsie game and good execution to over come these matches. Thanks for putting your thoughts out there RampaginDragon
I got a little bit more Sektor MU exp earlier and thought the fight through. Your right this is pretty even.

With Kung Lao I guess your right about CSZ hitting harder for less, but what really gets me is his pokes into pressure gives me trouble. I don't know if I could go to 5.5-4.5 with the experience I have fighting him. One thing I need to incorporate more in this MU is ice parry/ex ice parry for tele's.

Now for me the biggist disagreement I see between us is the Reptile MU. His zoneing mess's me up and when I try to tele I eat a dash or mix up. Can't trade well. There's nothing stopping Reptile from dash spamming outside of wakeups. Bombs were a no no in my experience because he could just Elbow Dash, jip for full combo or atleast pressure. Maybe I need more good Reptile's to fight because the best Ive fought was muffinmuggers and we didn't play to long.

With Noob Saibot I feel like he can zone Cyber pretty effectivly but Cyber can easily DK and even mindfuck Noob with DK's, naked jumps, jip's. I really do need a good Noob to fight. Good Noobs are few and far between (condridiction much?). But I think if I had more Noob MU exp against actually good Noobs I could rethink this one. On paper CSZ beats Noob but on the field its a diffrent story for me. I still usually win, but I eat more shadows then need be lol.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Now for me the biggist disagreement I see between us is the Reptile MU. His zoneing mess's me up and when I try to tele I eat a dash or mix up. Can't trade well. There's nothing stopping Reptile from dash spamming outside of wakeups. Bombs were a no no in my experience because he could just Elbow Dash, jip for full combo or atleast pressure. Maybe I need more good Reptile's to fight because the best Ive fought was muffinmuggers and we didn't play to long.
Reptile can't elbow dash against csz for two reasons.
A) it can be full combo punished on block with 11 ice ball into your heavy damage combo of choice.
B) ice ball from long range is a threat to his slow recovering projectiles.spit is his best option.

Once knocked down he has no good options. Its either eat a mixup or take risk and slide which is a horrible option.
Reptile can zone pretty well but his options against csz aren't the greatest.

zee

Icy
Yeah CSZ's 1 is 9 frames, and Reptile's dash is -15 on block. There are 6 frames of leeway, so it helps if you expect the dash and let go of block ASAP after you block it.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Yeah CSZ's 1 is 9 frames, and Reptile's dash is -15 on block. There are 6 frames of leeway, so it helps if you expect the dash and let go of block ASAP after you block it.
Yes, Ive been testing this out online (suprising amount of Reptiles recently). And the timing is strict but not too strict. Quite easy actually, but you do have to be ready for a dash in the back of your mind. I still don't think its a 6-4 CSZ but this helps a lot. If you can stay mid-range this may be 5-5 because you can punish with DK, but at fullscreen CSZ is in trouble.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
BARAKA....

...he makes me sad... more so than Sindel.

I play quite a couple of matches against DanCock and Runwaymafia and at times with Mr. Mileena.

You can trade if you shoot ice like a super fridge...which forces Sindel to be smart about her zoning.

Once you get in, she isn't toooo hard to crack. Flight cancels aren't as scary as they are if you know what strings hit low/overhead and you can use that 6f d3 of yours to make them stop.

I don't feel like it is as bad as it is but definately not a 5-5

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
BARAKA....

...he makes me sad... more so than Sindel.

I play quite a couple of matches against DanCock and Runwaymafia and at times with Mr. Mileena.

You can trade if you shoot ice like a super fridge...which forces Sindel to be smart about her zoning.

Once you get in, she isn't toooo hard to crack. Flight cancels aren't as scary as they are if you know what strings hit low/overhead and you can use that 6f d3 of yours to make them stop.

I don't feel like it is as bad as it is but definately not a 5-5
Yes... Baraka... :(

GuamoKun

Yes... Baraka... :(
WHAT DO WE DO AGAINST THIS TARKATAN TERROR?

Oh, and you can parry Baraka's 2 after a blocked jip :) ....and in between Kabals b121....Raidens 334/b312...Scorp's EX Tele...Kano b3 1+2...the list goes on and I'm working on it :)

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I feel like CSZ v. Rep is 5-5 or slight advantage for CSZ.

Reptile can kind of zone CSZ but it's not extremely easy. As J360 said, Reptile can't do much on wakeup. Most of the time I'm just spamming D4 on CSZ or trying to zone him out. Seems difficult to actually get a blockstring on him.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
WHAT DO WE DO AGAINST THIS TARKATAN TERROR?

Oh, and you can parry Baraka's 2 after a blocked jip :) ....and in between Kabals b121....Raidens 334/b312...Scorp's EX Tele...Kano b3 1+2...the list goes on and I'm working on it :)
I wish Cyber had an unpunishable spin and charge...

Don't forget SZ's 212. :)

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I feel like CSZ v. Rep is 5-5 or slight advantage for CSZ.

Reptile can kind of zone CSZ but it's not extremely easy. As J360 said, Reptile can't do much on wakeup. Most of the time I'm just spamming D4 on CSZ or trying to zone him out. Seems difficult to actually get a blockstring on him.
Well timed force balls can mind fuck Cyber. And tele is near useless because of dash. And I can't try to zone back because Rep can ED and jip. Though that can get really easy to read. The more I think about it the more I think it can be 5-5, but I would need more MU exp befor I could say it is in Cyber's favor. One thin really going for Cyber is his wake-up game works well against Reptile. But Reptile could just start trying to cross up instead if he thinks Cyber is going to try a 33.

GuamoKun

I wish Cyber had an unpunishable spin and charge...

Don't forget SZ's 212. :)
oh and his b121 or the same one that ends in the kick.

Well I need to learn the raka match up a bit more. If Baraka didn't have the spin this matchup would be so much easier.

Maybe we might need to be reliant on block strings and poke/parry in anticipation of that horrid spin?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
oh and his b121 or the same one that ends in the kick.

Well I need to learn the raka match up a bit more. If Baraka didn't have the spin this matchup would be so much easier.

Maybe we might need to be reliant on block strings and poke/parry in anticipation of that horrid spin?
Yes, this could work. Also Cyber can zone him but beware of ex bla;uiadhfguihas;ogh... Sorry, threw my keyboard out of rage.

I definitly need more MU exp for this guy to devise a plan to triumph over his special attacks. But poking the Spin into pressure/mix-up could work.

But he could always resort to his other ridiculous special. The blagalyifglibiaugrt

GuamoKun

Yes, this could work. Also Cyber can zone him but beware of ex bla;uiadhfguihas;ogh... Sorry, threw my keyboard out of rage.

I definitly need more MU exp for this guy to devise a plan to triumph over his special attacks. But poking the Spin into pressure/mix-up could work.

But he could always resort to his other ridiculous special. The blagalyifglibiaugrt

I have access to players like Galindo and Acidhand offline at times and they play a mean Baraka (they have eliminated me from local tournaments before ;_;)

I haven't tried that play style much against that matchup and surprisingly I play like that against most.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I have access to players like Galindo and Acidhand offline at times and they play a mean Baraka (they have eliminated me from local tournaments before ;_;)

I haven't tried that play style much against that matchup and surprisingly I play like that against most.
Same here, I play agressive and go for the poke into pressure a lot and rushdown and mix ups but I have never thought to do it against Baraka.

The Spin has me whipped. Next time I get a chance for some good Baraka exp Ill make good use of it.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
GuamoKun RampaginDragon

For Raka all I gotta say is WHIFF PUNISH baby!!!!

And ice balls galore. Fuck blade charge waste all your meters please I don't want you to break my combos. If you respect him too much he will steam roll you. I play barakas here and there and only had a problem with the character initially. Just don't get dive kick happy and you'll be ok

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk