What's new

My old place closed. Need stick building help

Hello I registered here a long time ago, when I was reaching out to many fight game. I settled mostly I'm sure we can because it was the most broadest base fighting website, despite having a reference to Street Fighter. Let's just say that shoryuken.com is less Capcom specific than testyourmight.com is Midway specific.

Well this month January 2020 I was about to announce the showing off of my recently designed experimental prototype joystick when I had trouble logging in on my Android device. Well I saw a dad saying that the srk forms were down in January of 2018, and January of 2019, I know was references to "discourse", and when I googled it discourse when talking about the web related meaning means software for doing chat forums like this. Nowhere can I find specifically where srk forums was hosted.

I tried reaching the Twitter handle of that website and they actually liked the fact I couldn't find it. If I didn't know better I think they want me out but has never officially kicked me out because I never officially did anything wrong.

I joystick is finished at least stage 1 is. If you want to read about my design visit sinistersticks.com. at the basic gist of my website is a design that amass manufacturer could use to make ambidextrous fight sticks easier to make and more attractive.

I noticed that ever since Street Fighter 2 came out at home there is never been a system authorized joystick with the stick on the right and the buttons on the left. The last official system authorized sticks where the NES super stick the Sega Master System super stick and the turbo graphics 16 super stick, all made by Beeshu, and a similar Genesis model.

The problem with Beeshu's mentality of ambidexterity was mirroring buttons on both side which gets expensive when you get beyond Sega Genesis 3 button controllers.

Then there are other ancillary problems that come up with ambidextrous joystick that are too complex to talk about shortly. For more issues I'm solving,. Plus the true life sales pitch of how it enhance not only my performance but the performance of four common friends against a person who later turned out to be a televised video game championship in the 00s. At first when I mentioned it my friend denied it, but I talk to him privately and said the things that A) I think are true and B) he would agree with. basically the two biggest things was that was a moment in time in the past andand that the main reason why I mentioned them was to show how high of a mountain you could climb with the right equipment. I wasn't insulting them by saying you could beat this guy, I'm hyping my equipment that says people could potentially beat this guy with this equipment.

Now supposedly I got it back and it does work but I have three naked pcbs. And being an electronic noob who had to hire people to build this, I'm kind of reluctant of playing the game with a naked PCB.

I need a little help with the Box around the PCB. Keep in mind this is a prototype and not meant to be a professional show model, just the proof of concept. All I need is something that would sit on the table, keep the wires in place, prevent rain from coming in the box which could ruin the PCB, and also not throw around the PCB when he gets carried, because I assumed bumps and scratches can either hurt the PCB or yank out the wires prematurely.

I need two holes on each box to hold both the system interface cord and the joystick interface cord. Also I need the ability to open it in case my equipment is challenged at a tournament, so it could be done in the least destructive way.

I was originally thinking I have a couple of old plastic recipe card holding boxes. The only challenge is poking holes in it that barely fit the two wires,. And making sure PCB doesn't rattle while moved. By the way, they were originally used for overlays for intellivision ColecoVision and 5200.

The three pcbs I have that need protection are a paradise arcade Cthulhu, and cue pad-hacked Sega-made Genesis controllers, one of them a 3 button for Pac-Man, and the other a 6 button for most fighting games.

I am talking to AFS fight sticks. They make custom joysticks from a bunch of stock parts. I don't know if Midway fighting players still prefer the X layout popularized by the first Mortal Kombat or if modern versions adjusted to more traditional joysticks, but if they don't have an X layout I'll suggest it. I'll even try to think of a system of how you could swap layout so that for Midway games you could play with the X layout, for Capcom games you can play with the traditional layout, and for SNK games make a 4 in a row layout.

Someone recommended AFS sticks for what I said I wanted, a right-handed layout. Even though it is theoretically possible they usually don't advertise that. So maybe this might be the only way to get an off-the-rack Midway layout for right stick left button.