What's new

My Match Against Hayatei at Dreamhack Montreal 2019

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Thanks to @RakeemGTR for recording this <3

I played really bad, looking bad. I wasn't feeling great, I dropped that combo in the beginning and it totally fucked me up. I think I punished something right once. I was just too nervous, and looking back at it, he totally went easy on me he could have killed me with those gunshots in the second match but he didn't. Also, why didn't I use low gunshots there? I hate myself. Anyways, enjoy the murder. XD

RakeemGTR

Eat Ass n Nuts
No problem! <3
Thinking back I felt way more nervous facing honeybee than I did against my first opponent. The only thing on my mind when I was playing was that I was actually playing against honeybee lmfao. I think we were both stoked to face these guys and we kinda forgot how to play hahahaha xD

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
No problem! <3
Thinking back I felt way more nervous facing honeybee than I did against my first opponent. The only thing on my mind when I was playing was that I was actually playing against honeybee lmfao. I think we were both stoked to face these guys and we kinda forgot how to play hahahaha xD
Pretty much XD playing in person is so different too

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Don't feel bad. Nervousness is a tournament problem. Once you go to many tournaments it should fix this nervousness of yours. The streams should help you, as well.

And I think that you should try training the combos till you get comfortable with them. Trust me, it works this way. Even tho I was nervous, I could do the combos easily.

Takes time, gurl. Oh, and say a hi to Hayatei from me. <3

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Don't feel bad. Nervousness is a tournament problem. Once you go to many tournaments it should fix this nervousness of yours. The streams should help you, as well.

And I think that you should try training the combos till you get comfortable with them. Trust me, it works this way. Even tho I was nervous, I could do the combos easily.

Takes time, gurl. Oh, and say a hi to Hayatei from me. <3
I have no problem with Cassie's combos usually, I've been playing her day 1. I think the first 3 weeks I practiced them every freaking day, but I was nervous and was dropped everything.

What I gotta practice is not being nervous, and not eating greasy foods before a tourney cause my stomach was like nah, sis.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I have no problem with Cassie's combos usually, I've been playing her day 1. I think the first 3 weeks I practiced them every freaking day, but I was nervous and was dropped everything.

What I gotta practice is not being nervous, and not eating greasy foods before a tourney cause my stomach was like nah, sis.
oof for the last paragraph.

As for first paragraph, it's best to take breaks. Don't overdo it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Did you play a lot of games beforehand? Because it may not have been nervousness but the different timing of being offline than online. Basically there's no delay so your combo timings are different and you actually have more time before you have to do stuff.

Either way, like I told you before... you didn't go 0-2 and that's already better than a lot of people's first offline tournaments. :)

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Did you play a lot of games beforehand? Because it may not have been nervousness but the different timing of being offline than online. Basically there's no delay so your combo timings are different and you actually have more time before you have to do stuff.

Either way, like I told you before... you didn't go 0-2 and that's already better than a lot of people's first offline tournaments. :)
Yeah I played with Rakeem a lot, I got the timing down but you know when you got an off day and for some reason, your fingers just don't cooperate? Like why did Cass not jump in that first combo? Why didn't I get those hit confirms? It's things I usually get no problem. But yeah I'm used to my TV delay even when I played on my monitor or when I play on PC I get all fucked up.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Thanks to @RakeemGTR for recording this <3

I played really bad, looking bad. I wasn't feeling great, I dropped that combo in the beginning and it totally fucked me up. I think I punished something right once. I was just too nervous, and looking back at it, he totally went easy on me he could have killed me with those gunshots in the second match but he didn't. Also, why didn't I use low gunshots there? I hate myself. Anyways, enjoy the murder. XD

Your being to hard on yourself. There is a such thing as tournament nerves you did very well. Some of those matches where last touch.
Get a headset so you can drown out that noise it helps at my locals.

Do you have the video of you vs LTG? I have to see it lol

This is true, I went to an offline tournament a while ago and didn’t no this. I dropped everything

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah I played with Rakeem a lot, I got the timing down but you know when you got an off day and for some reason, your fingers just don't cooperate? Like why did Cass not jump in that first combo? Why didn't I get those hit confirms? It's things I usually get no problem. But yeah I'm used to my TV delay even when I played on my monitor or when I play on PC I get all fucked up.
If you don't have a 3ms or less monitor you need one. Makes a world if difference. If you are gonna play offline at an event go offline for several days playing tons of sets to get it beat into your muscle memory.
You dropped a few combos but so did he very good gameplay and I bet next time you will beat him.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Your being to hard on yourself. There is a such thing as tournament nerves you did very well. Some of those matches where last touch.
Get a headset so you can drown out that noise it helps at my locals.

Do you have the video of you vs LTG? I have to see it lol
Thanks! :)

It wasn't THE LTG, it was just some trolling dude. I beat him 2-0 he was pretty green tbh.

Hey! You did a good match! And i don't notice Hayatei being easy on you! You did a good job and Cassie was well represented. Next time you will be more ready. Thx for sharing the video.
Awww thanks! I hope to get a rematch some day.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Check out Hayatei's Left thumb at the opening of the video....is he switching from stick to pad back and forth back and forth? It's flicking at like lightning speed lol

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Check out Hayatei's Left thumb at the opening of the video....is he switching from stick to pad back and forth back and forth? It's flicking at like lightning speed lol
I noticed that. Then it shows the screen and he isn’t doing shit lol.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I think he's just fiddling with the joystick until the round starts. He's doing it while the MK loading screen is up, and for a few seconds afterwards. Likely during the ROUND 1, FIGHT announcement

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Was watching it again and on the really close round when he was using the rifle shots at the end, I think the best thing to do would be throw out low gunshot cause EB can't block with rifle out and if he gets hit it gets put away. So basically the trade would be in your favor. I think if you did that you would have taken the round!

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I think he's just fiddling with the joystick until the round starts. He's doing it while the MK loading screen is up, and for a few seconds afterwards. Likely during the ROUND 1, FIGHT announcement
Yeah he was doing that between rounds, I think he was just practicing combos maybe. I do that to sometimes.

Was watching it again and on the really close round when he was using the rifle shots at the end, I think the best thing to do would be throw out low gunshot cause EB can't block with rifle out and if he gets hit it gets put away. So basically the trade would be in your favor. I think if you did that you would have taken the round!
Yeah that was my first thought after that round I was like 'OMG I'M DUMB'. XD