What's new

My Manta MU Chart: Version 2

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Ivy vs manta is 5-5(according to Fox he wins). Manta beats Catwoman 6-4. Sonic was able to prove why she loses it and semiij, rewind all agree. That's all I have to comment on.
I don't agree that Sonic proved anything there. Semiij is giving him too much respect. He could mop Sonic in that MU if he wanted.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Cheetah might beat manta.

Hard to say when you haven't played sonic fox but matchup is 5-5
I might be willing to agree but the problem is we're talking online. As someone who has played the game offline, Cheetah isn't getting in unless the Cheetah player is REALLY unpredictable and patient. I agree with Tweedy that the reason a lot of Cheetah's, even well known ones, don't place offline is because the shit they win off of is online only yolo stuff.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Seems very accurate for Sub-Zero and Starfire.

It's the way he essentially freezes (pun not intended) neutral cause of clone. Also because of reach technicalities/move startup times, it's extremely hard for Manta to get out of the corner in a way other characters don't have to deal with. SZ has superb air to airs and anti airs so Manta's air approach is somewhat hard. People who aren't Sub downplayers tend to agree he wins the MU, if not 7-3's Manta.
Very true.

Jinxx

9 Lives
I don't agree that Sonic proved anything there. Semiij is giving him too much respect. He could mop Sonic in that MU if he wanted.
I think he did, he broke down the mu and you can tell it is losing for cw. Everytime I play ranked I'm getting people counterpicking my cw with manta now lmao, im telling you its her true losing mu, u gotta trust.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I might be willing to agree but the problem is we're talking online. As someone who has played the game offline, Cheetah isn't getting in unless the Cheetah player is REALLY unpredictable and patient. I agree with Tweedy that the reason a lot of Cheetah's, even well known ones, don't place offline is because the shit they win off of is online only yolo stuff.
Its a gimmick play style and absolutely only pays off online.

I don't play her that way and never have. In this match up Cheetah holds her own because he has slowish mids and her sweep stops a lot of his strong movement. This opens up dash in for cheetah and he is forced to check with d1/d2 which gets full launched by d2 command grab on hit and on block. Her damage keeps her in the match even when she does take the odd rocket and chip strings. On knockdown he just has to guess and his wake-up isn't safe.

His jump 3 is really strong and can be tough to punish with divekick and shark attack/F2 can contain the lungs and backdash shenanigans.

I have it at 5/5 for these reasons.

So, I don't think there's a single 8-2 or 9-1 in this game so we're just gonna remove that from the conversation. However, I do want to present my definition's of what I consider a 6-4/4-6 or a 7-3/3-7.

6-4 = one character has a slight advantage over the other but the losing character can still implement their gameplan, get it started, doesn't have to sacrifice tools in the MU to win. The risk/reward for the losing character can be easily outweighed by better decision making.

7-3 = The winning character prevents the losing one from doing what they do best to an oppressive extent. Some characters can't use certain valuable tools due to lack of opportunity to do so or risk in using those tools opposed to the reward. Even if you have the better decision making, in the MU you have to make more better decisions than the other guy does.

I've also gotten a lot better at this game, as well as am playing with much better people on the whole. My list kind of shifted radically.

• Aquaman = 5-5
  • Atom = 5-5
  • Atrocitus = 5-5
  • Bane = 6-4
  • Batman = 6.4
  • Black Adam = 5-5 but could be 6-4. Black Adam removes a lot of your air game.
  • Black Canary = 7-3. Turtle and make her come to you, her forward movement options are super sus and risky if your footsies are good.
  • Black Manta = 5-5
  • Blue Beetle = 5-5
  • Brainiac = 5-5 but it sure feels like a 4-6 sometimes. Anti airing is extremely hard.
  • Captain Cold = 6-4
  • Catwoman = 5-5 IF you have a long stage to walk her back, 4-6 if the stage is small.
  • Cheetah = 7-3
  • Cyborg = 6-4
  • Darkseid = 7-3
  • Deadshot = 5-5
  • Enchantress = 6-4
  • Firestorm = 5-5
  • Flash = 3-7
  • Gorilla Grodd = 6-4
  • Green Arrow = 4-6
  • Green Lantern = 4-6
  • Harely Quinn = 4-6
  • Hellboy = 5-5
  • Joker = 6-4
  • Poison Ivy = 4-6
  • Raiden = 7-3
  • Red Hood = 5-5
  • Robin = 6-4
  • Scarecrow = 5-5
  • Starfire = 5-5
  • Sub-Zero = 3-7
  • Supergirl = 5-5
  • Superman = 6-4
  • Swamp Thing = 7-3
  • Wonder Woman = 3-7. You can't out neutral her, you have no way to punish shield toss at max range, and she doesn't have to come to you. Lots of other small details make this MU kind of hell.
deadshot loses. if you are losing to deadshot with anyone other than the bottom 5 you should probably quit and go play tetris or buy a switch

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's the way he essentially freezes (pun not intended) neutral cause of clone. Also because of reach technicalities/move startup times, it's extremely hard for Manta to get out of the corner in a way other characters don't have to deal with. SZ has superb air to airs and anti airs so Manta's air approach is somewhat hard. People who aren't Sub downplayers tend to agree he wins the MU, if not 7-3's Manta.
...okay, yeah, I could see that. anything you do will touch the Clone.

christ.

Why Manta loses to Ivy who is known for having the worst anti airs and wakeups in the game, with a "i-can't-handle-jump-back" toolset?

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
7-3 canary? He doesn't have anything that completely shuts her down. His backlash can be a hassle for her but compared to her actual 3-7 like wowo this matchup is not nearly as bad