What's new

General/Other My Main For The Week: Cyber Sub

Spletty

Grandmaster
I was chosen the one character I've never touched in this game. Someone please help. Anything will help, bnbs, punishes, wall combos, setups, please help lol.

Bread 'n Butter combos:
2,1xxIce Ball~JIP,2,1,1+2~Dash~U+4xxSlide. Gotta input the slide right after you press U+4.
3,4 >>B+2,2xxSlide/Ice Bomb.
2,1,1+2 >> U+4xxMed Ice Bomb.
Ice Ball~NJP>>U+4xxIce Bomb.

Stealth-bump for you.

Spletty

Grandmaster
Bread 'n Butter combos:
2,1xxIce Ball~JIP,2,1,1+2~Dash~U+4xxSlide. Gotta input the slide right after you press U+4.
3,4 >>B+2,2xxSlide/Ice Bomb.
2,1,1+2 >> U+4xxMed Ice Bomb.
Ice Ball~NJP>>U+4xxIce Bomb.

Stealth-bump for you.
Comes in like a ninja in the night to give me a fighting chance in this tourney lol thanks man :)

Spletty if you have trouble with the u4-slide use f1-4 instead... easier to hit and just a little less damage. for a fast punish use 11-ice ball. also, DIVEKICK!!!!!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Forget divekick, forget parry, forget mixups, forget bomb setups, forget Guamo360 gimmicks.

B3,2,1. It will change the way you see everything.

Flagg

Noob
His 21 is a good pressure tool, and so is B22 (as an advancing tool).. His 21, 1+2 is safe on block, though interuptable...if you think they will try and punish after, go for a quick instant close divekick (5 frame move), or you can parry or just block.

Use his specials sparingly. CSZ is not a character you can spam with, which is kinda why I like him. His only decent down poke is D3, which is 6 frames I think.

Standing 1 is his best standing poke, at 9 frames. 11 is safe on block and 111 pushes them away from you.

The last hit on 33 is low and the last hit on 34 is an overhead. Yes, these are interuptable but the opponent needs pretty good reactions in my opinion.

You can cancel his 112 into slide but 332 you have to delay the slide.

His parry is pretty decent, and Ex Parry FREEZES the opponent.

His teleport is next to useless. His slide is pretty good, if you anti-air uppercut someone with CSZ, you can slide after for about 21% damage. You can slide under Kano knife and Sonya rings if memory serves me correctly. EX Slide switches sides.

21 is safe on block, and it's good enough that if they let go of block at any point, you can cancel the 21 into ice blast for full combo.

Even though his X Ray is okay, and you combo into his X Ray, X Ray does 36% damage. No consider that 1 EX Divekick does 18% damage which is pretty good, for 2 bars you can do the same amount of damage and still have one bar left. If you use meter for moves, best to use it for Divekicks and Ice Beam (though this doesnt have invincibility on start frames) or EX Parry if you know the opponent will do anything on you but hit low.

If you freeze someone in mid-air, you have a couple of options, but njp, U4 slide is pretty standard.

He has the best dash in the game, and is a kind of rush down/anti rush down. He's quite good at zoners as you can far dive kick on reaction someone like Freddy, Cyrax or Noob if they are full screen.

His biggest weakness is having NO ARMOUR and he struggles a lot with anyone that has decent air control (like Kitana or Kabal).

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
forget all this useless info people r givin u , learn this is unbeatable tech ... u4 teleport , u4 teleport , u4 teleport , crossover punch u4 teleport , you can thank me later ;)

Flagg

Noob
Clayman, true....but getting too predictable with Parry can get you blown up. It's a Godsend move against Johnny Cages. I think the Cage match is even or could ever so slightly be in CSZ favour. Bombs keep him moving and parry negates a lot of his frame traps.

And I suspect my irish friend, aka fr stack, has been at the guinness again! Spletty, I dont know how well you deal with rush downs in this game, but if you're fighting a rush down Kitana, Kabal or Mileena then CSZ has a half decent chance against them. It's when they start zoning that you have problems, if you're good enough, you can catch Kitana or Kabal with a slide when they instant air fireball, but you really need to be on point. I find this very hard to do against Mileena as she seems to stay in the air forever.

Jax is strangely a tough match for CSZ as well.

A few moves you cant parry by the way such as Sektors tele punch, Jax dash punch, Sonyas leg grab but the good news is you can pretty much parry every special that Kung Lao and Cage has. Ice parry works on Skarlets slides as well, even her low hitting one.

I also think one of Freddy's harder match ups is CSZ.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
use dive kicks to confuse the opponent by wiffing them, works quite well.