What's new

My liu kang mu chart

AssassiN

Noob
What a pointless parry.
Has always been my opinion.
It can be useful against cross-over, but that's about it.

It even sucks as a wake-up, the active parry frames are replaced with invincible frames.
You actually get punished for using parry on wake-up.

people give too much credit too smoke . liu beats smoke . i dont understand how people can think smoke wins . so smoke can dash d4 or b2 or throw sbs or jump. wow . he doesnt control this mu . if liu is neutral on his string and as a guy said he can d1 after liu neutral string and if liu dont counter poke then smoke can continue his pressure? , but then you can say liu can just launch smoke into a combo if smoke does 21 and tries pressure and even if smoke did d1 on crouch -1 . liu gna launch again . even on hit standing ,from smokes d1 if your player 1 not player 2 with liu you can again full combo launch. using smokes d1 in this case isnt an argument. smokes strongest part in this match obviously is too make sure u keep this match midscreen . as liu just has too slow roll smoke into corner . chase in after smokes d4s . whiff punish b23s . 214 is far too short range to worry about and smoke has to poke in this mu he has no choice . as soon as he does then its mix up ti me again. he has his 9 frame s2 which tbh isnt scary for liu up close . its smoke that has to be guessing against liu primarily and if your the one guessing constantly then your never at an advantage . liu has the tools and people are basing this mu off what they have previously seen . if someone would do a more in depth write up of why they thing liu loses this id love to hear it . problem is like ppl said previously that not enough or no one reached or used lou kang full potential watsoever and get smoke in corner then gg

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
people give too much credit too smoke . liu beats smoke . i dont understand how people can think smoke wins . so smoke can dash d4 or b2 or throw sbs or jump. wow . he doesnt control this mu . if liu is neutral on his string and as a guy said he can d1 after liu neutral string and if liu dont counter poke then smoke can continue his pressure? , but then you can say liu can just launch smoke into a combo if smoke does 21 and tries pressure and even if smoke did d1 on crouch -1 . liu gna launch again . even on hit standing ,from smokes d1 if your player 1 not player 2 with liu you can again full combo launch. using smokes d1 in this case isnt an argument. smokes strongest part in this match obviously is too make sure u keep this match midscreen . as liu just has too slow roll smoke into corner . chase in after smokes d4s . whiff punish b23s . 214 is far too short range to worry about and smoke has to poke in this mu he has no choice . as soon as he does then its mix up ti me again. he has his 9 frame s2 which tbh isnt scary for liu up close . its smoke that has to be guessing against liu primarily and if your the one guessing constantly then your never at an advantage . liu has the tools and people are basing this mu off what they have previously seen . if someone would do a more in depth write up of why they thing liu loses this id love to hear it . problem is like ppl said previously that not enough or no one reached or used lou kang full potential watsoever and get smoke in corner then gg

p.s can go more into detail but thats basics . obviously please dnt mention smoke throw as at this point in the game lius should be full punishing this . and also can easily punish sbs up close

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I rarely use d3 when I'm neutral with liu. I use 213 to setup whiff punish, I block and counter poke with b3 or I follow up with a full string or jump. Getting hit by a shitty d1 is nothing if I react and block after if I did a full string. I punish d1 a lot on block whether cancelled or not

The problem is smoke bomb is a threat and it can't be punished on reaction. If smoke had normal damage I'd see liu possibly winning but the damage keeps it evenish. Seeing the way a player like xarakamaka plays liu vs smoke will open your eyes.
I wonder who showed you 213 whiff punishment

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Nice irrelevant bullshit only a fuccboi would do an upclose wake up spirit charge plz go back to fighting scrubs and nigga you ain't punishing that in a real match you can't even punish it against a bot on a wake up needed 2 times lol what a joke you'll be busy mashing bicycle kicks and parry like all online scrub kangs do

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Nice irrelevant bullshit only a fuccboi would do an upclose wake up spirit charge plz go back to fighting scrubs and nigga you ain't punishing that in a real match you can't even punish it against a bot on a wake up needed 2 times lol what a joke you'll be busy mashing bicycle kicks and parry like all online scrub kangs do
The 2nd knockdown was to show that it doesn't reach at neutral fra..

Wait, nevermind, you have Kira in your avatar, you should never be taken seriously at competitive FGC discussion. :DOGE

Ok fair enough that he may be able to punish it on a point blank knockdown but I can't see how this is useful in any way to be honest. It doesn't change anything about the match up.
It saves you from jumping towards the corner with a deathwish? It is a pretty big deal given that more than half of the roster doesn't have a way to punish it at all. Although, I wouldn't exactly be worried if it turned out, let's say, Sub-Zero could do this, lol.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?

Wait, nevermind, you have Kira in your avatar, you should never be taken seriously at competitive FGC discussion. :DOGE

It saves you from jumping towards the corner with a deathwish? It is a pretty big deal given that more than half of the roster doesn't have a way to punish it at all. Although, I wouldn't exactly be worried if it turned out, let's say, Sub-Zero could do this, lol.
fgc competitive discussion - posts some irrelevant bs of kenshi doing upclose wake up charge and some fuccboi failing to punish vs bot, is this 2011 ? oh yes i have Kira and you have some b&w fuccboi guess that means competitive am i right

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
fgc competitive discussion - posts some irrelevant bs of kenshi doing upclose wake up charge and some fuccboi failing to punish vs bot, is this 2011 ? oh yes i have Kira and you have some b&w fuccboi guess that means competitive am i right
How's that Aspergers?

An example here of how the FGC and TYM will always be infected by some finite number of ignorant, marginal members of society

I think the liu kang vs JC mu is 5-5, but I still feel like Johnny cage destroys liu kang up close, or liu kang doesn't out footsie cage.

Liu kang vs Kitana:5-5 or 4-6 for Liu kang
Liu kang beats kitana from full screen. Mid range they're about even, a little in Kitana's favor. And up close liu wins it by a Lil, however to me since Kitana out damages him by a lot and she can punish harder I think this keeps liu on his toes. Blocked or ducked dragon kick is 40+%, so is a fireball, etc.

I'm fine with the noob vs liu mu. I just believe noob has the favor because of zoning tools.

And I think skarlet vs liu is totally in her favor.

I'll call that bluff. I will MM$ @xarakamaka at Evo or any other Major I see him in this year. Challenge will be for MKX unless there's a PS3 MK setup or something.
lol then youd lose all your money on mk9 to me

funny @ people hating on Xara when he probably can body everyone who posted in this thread lol
i always put technicalities and frames in my mus and every post ever i make bout it on tym i always get negative replies because all these ppl never played me or know frame data or counterpoking or put intelligent debateable replies cos they dont have any intelligent or useful responses lol.

I wish you the best of luck trying to punish it consistently in a game and also getting the close knockdown lol.

If you think he's going to charge you, you may as well just jump anyway, there's no point just standing there hoping he'll do a charge. Yes he can wait for the crossover and punish it but that's when you can start pressuring him whilst he's waiting for the crossover or just cross him over and do a delayed fireball to bait it.