What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kitana My Kitana Assassin MUs

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
take a look, also my corner pressure set up in match 2 with the AS ghost hitbox. @Airvidal @YoloRoll1stHit @SM StarGazer
I liked your execution. Very nice Assassin Kitana. Nice set.
With all due respect to whoever your opponent was though, I just didn't like your his D'Vorah. He kept punishing your mistakes with a 12% combo when he was supposed to full combo punish. 40% minimum plus pressure. Whenever he did knock you down, instead of pressuring you, he would let you get up or jump out for free. He was supposed to keep abusing his advancing move into a cancel and he would rarely use it. He kept recklessly jumping, he even went yolo X ray xD
So, I would advise you to ask Honey bee for some sets or someone else that plays her at a high level. I'm sure they wouldn't deny you a friendly set.

I liked your execution. Very nice Assassin Kitana. Nice set.
With all due respect to whoever your opponent was though, I just didn't like your his D'Vorah. He kept punishing your mistakes with a 12% combo when he was supposed to full combo punish. 40% minimum plus pressure. Whenever he did knock you down, instead of pressuring you, he would let you get up or jump out for free. He was supposed to keep abusing his advancing move into a cancel and he would rarely use it. He kept recklessly jumping, he even went yolo X ray xD
So, I would advise you to ask Honey bee for some sets or someone else that plays her at a high level. I'm sure they wouldn't deny you a friendly set.
I wish AS ghost hitbox setup would work vs mileena or tanya.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
hey @HoneyBee could we play a set to test this matchup? there is none better than you with Dvorah? are you up for it maybe at saturday? 11 am or something around that time?
I'll play you whenever I stream. Generally from 2pm - 6pm Tuesday - Sunday. Sometimes at other times if I feel like it.

I'll play you whenever I stream. Generally from 2pm - 6pm Tuesday - Sunday. Sometimes at other times if I feel like it.
ok man well lets play this on tuesday ? add me on ps4 Ragnar0kz28 2pm is ok I hope the connection works fine considering you live in Canada and I live in Venezuela

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I actually doubt Kitana regardless of Royal Storm or Assassin 7-3's anybody. She beats some good characters like Sonya and what not, but I'm skeptical she's a hard counter to anybody, even Jason.

Assassin was my main focus for Kitana so I'll weigh in:

I think she beats Balanced. Assassin dash coupled with her zoning and his whiff recovery are really frustrating for him to deal with and she seems stronger in close quarters too.

Loses to Jax in general, the pressure, pokes, anti-zoning options and what not are real and she struggles to get out of pressure, even with parry. He also puts you in the corner rather quickly too.

Assassin Kitana Versus Tigrar Fury Goro is 5-5 at worst for Goro: No reflect and Assassin dash's crappy armor means you're not counter zoning particularly well. Kitana's parry sucks versus Goro due to the amount of options available to beat it. Back 3 low starter, command grab and even if she makes a correct read on parrying ex punchwalk, she still gets punished because it has multi hit armor. Then there's the obliterating her on knockdown and beating her in footsies. Easier than Royal Storm, might be better than what I actually think it is.

This is not the variation to regulate Goro, your best shot is Royal Storm or Mournful and those are also probably still just 5-5 or at best 4-6 her favor.

I think she beats Aftershock Tremor 6-4 though, but that's kind of whether you pick Royal Storm or Assassin the reasoning amounts to the same in terms of being able to blow up his air low quake move and zoning him pretty effectively in my opinion, but it could be even.

Just cause Jacqui got buffed doesn't mean she beats her now. It's probably at worst even.

Why is Displacer even?

Why would Assassin Kitana beat Ferra/Torr in general? Ferra/Torr with Ferra on his back with boss toss and what not blows up fan tosses and even if you managed to trade, you get knocked down and they do more damage. Hard to zone, struggles with pressure and out zones us yet it's our favor? Assassin and Royal Storm might go even at best, definitely not their favor. Mournful probably does the best from my observations.

Jason is probably just slightly in our favor.

Maybe your right about goro since the last patch I havent played any good goro, n the zoning department she zones him out but yes,maybe this match is even now.

gam224

The world's least hype player
My only real issue is that i think shaolin beats kitana but other than that solid list.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Full auto 5-5? War god 5-5? Mileena 5-5?
You defenitely just need to found a better enemies on these chars.
Constant Mileena upplaying in TYM is ridiculous. She's S tier (or A+ tier like Mileena's loyalists are saying, don't believe everything Foxy said) doesn't mean she can 6-4 everyone.
Kitana has a lot of perfect tools to deal with Piercing's footsie. 8f long range d1, long range standing 2 to compete with B1, a funny jump arc and a float to fuck up Mileena's anti air attempts. Mileena shouldn't used her mixup because of Kitana's damage.
Full auto: losing the reflect doesn't mean Asassin loses. I'm on the positive side that Assasin MIGHT win this matchups. Fan still wins trade with machine gun. If you duck the machine gun and throw a fan back, if Jacqui shoots again she eats 6% fan, Kitana only eats 4% (sometimes 6% if fan throw out late). Kitana's F1 and B3 outrange a lot of Jacqui's normals. Float gimmick is very effective in this matchups.
War god: no experience. But since Kitana got 6f d3 this matchup feels more comfortable

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
And I think Assasin 4-6 against these variations (I list the difference between my opinion and OP's)
Alien Acidic and Conjurer
Ermac: MoS and Spectral
Kano: Cutthroat
Cassie Cage: Hollywood, Brawler
Predator: HQT
Quan Chi: Summoner and Sorcerer
Dvorah: Swarm Queen
Takeda: Ronin
Mostly because they have better footsie and spacing. Predator HQT and Quan Chi because of their zoning and 50/50

And I think Assasin 4-6 against these variations (I list the difference between my opinion and OP's)
Alien Acidic and Conjurer
Ermac: MoS and Spectral
Kano: Cutthroat
Cassie Cage: Hollywood, Brawler
Predator: HQT
Quan Chi: Summoner and Sorcerer
Dvorah: Swarm Queen
Takeda: Ronin
Mostly because they have better footsie and spacing. Predator HQT and Quan Chi because of their zoning and 50/50
I got no exp vs Alien at all, I have beat all of them but none of them was good, I do ok vs MOS, It could be 4/6 I dont mind, Spectral not so much of all 3 vatiations its the one that has to work the hardest to get in or in mystics case keep her out, Cassie not after patch, lots of exp in this mu both brawler and hollywood, no exp vs the other one tho, Summoner beats her but 1 good read with armored AS and shes in, vs sorcerer she can armor break him with bd2, Swarm Queen gets parryed a lot in pressure I wouldnt mind in putting it 4/6 tho, Ronin Takeda Im even more inclined to think its in Kitanas favor, Iv beat lots of Ronin Takedas parry does good in mid range, you can do alot in this match.

Full auto 5-5? War god 5-5? Mileena 5-5?
You defenitely just need to found a better enemies on these chars.
Yes Mileena beats RS tho if you do b1 b12 mindlessly you will eat 15% parrys for days, d1 into parry cancel at full range does wonders, Im uploading a match vs a great mileena player just now, I can tag you later, she is one of the few that can jump at mileena thanks to the float.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I'd rather use RS against cassie because of the extra footsie range on lift and the full screen HKD ass gives. Gotta keep that ho out

Assassin is a 5-5 against swarm queen. Parry is your best friend and any puddle gets punished by assassin strike on reaction, or you can just run up and punish if you're close enough. Don't throw any air fans unless D'Vorah is jumping. She gets a free puddle if you throw one and we have to respect it.

Piercing is also a 5-5 against Assassin. Again, parry is your best friend and Kitana has alot of tools to deal with b12. Play the match patiently. Walk your way in and punish sais with armor if need be.

Last edited:

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Na not RS
If rather use RS against cassie because of the extra footsie range on lift and the full screen HKD ass gives. Gotta keep that ho out

Assassin is a 5-5 against swarm queen. Parry is your best friend and any puddle gets punished by assassin strike on reaction, or you can just run up and punish if you're close enough. Don't throw any air fans uneeds D'vorah is jumping. She gets a free puddle if you throw one and we have to respect it.

Piercing is also a 5-5 against Assassin. Again, parry is your best friend and Kitana has alot of tools to deal with b12. Play the match patiently. Walk your way in and punish sais with armor if need be.
Thank you for sharing your opinion

gam224

The world's least hype player
Na not RS
I disagree. I have played this match extensively and I feel as if he shuts down all her options. He outzones her with low chakram, if she tries float gimmicks she is easily stuffed by up 1, and she can't punish his armour or mix ups.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
He outzones her with low chakram
This is very wrong lol. Fan (the fastest projectile in the game) does more damage than low chakram, and because her fan cannot be antizoned on reaction, Shaolin must either guess or randomly throw out low chakram, after he stands up he will eat the fan. Not to mention RS has reflect

At close range RS lift wins the trade with everything. Just use it carefully. Shaolin's armors and mixups are completely safe againts everyone but low reward. He's way more meter hungry than Kitana