What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kitana My Kitana Assassin MUs

This might be one of my worst Mu, I'm grateful that his 11-grapple/123-grapple whiff sometimes

his purple projectile leaves his at +2

and I agree that parry is the best tool for him, but that personal set was long and he wouldn't fall for it.

Next time we do a set ill upload it
HQT is really bad, Jax has an edge over her but 4/6 is winnable, getting cornered is bad tho, as hard as you can to not get into the corner try to play the match at midscreen.

I agree with most of what you have here @ragnar0kz28 however there are a couple I don't completely agree with. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm certainly open to anyone explaining to me if I am.

- Scorpion (any): I just don't see these as even. Maybe Ninjitsu is, which I used to struggle with also but have gotten better about. But Inferno and especially Hellfire do not seem even at all to me.

- Mileena (Piercing): Not trying to up-play her or anything, but I struggled with this match-up before her buffs. Just how are you supposed to approach her as Assassin? You're constantly checked with low sai, and jumping in gets you telekicked or rolled under. Then you're right back where you started. Sure, you can armor through a sai, but it's difficult to build meter against her. @xKhaoTik if you happen to have any footage showcasing the Assassin vs Piercing match-up, I'd love to see it and I'd be eternally grateful.

- Kung Lao (Tempest): I think this is about even, and one of the more fun match-ups. Yes, Buzzsaw has the mix-ups, but Tempest has the better wake-up that slows down Kitana's offense.

- Sub Zero (Grandmaster): I don't fear this nearly as much as I used to. I'd say it's even now. The buff to Assassin Strike really helped with dealing with klone corner traps and klone in general.

- Sektor: I've seen some good Sektors, but none that would convince me this is a 4-6 match-up. Up rockets can be walked around, and despite EX flame being a good wake-up, it doesn't combo or anything. Just get in and stay on him.

- Sonya (Any): Whether it's a 5-5 or 6-4, I feel these should all be the same. Your strategy doesn't change, and the variations don't provide her with better tools for getting in. Keep her grounded with IAFs and "Keep that ho out!"

- D'Vorah (Any): I agree with the others on this one. Not much else to add.

Other than those, I think everything else is spot on. Differences in opinion maybe, but again, I'd love to discuss it further with anyone, especially when it comes to Scorpion and Mileena.
Ninjutsu Scorpion is dead even 5-5. Their tools cancel each other's out, so it usually comes down to who can control the neutral better.

Inferno is definitely 6-4 in Assassin's favor. Inferno is so close to bare-bones (no variation) Scorpion it's not even funny. Meaning he has frame traps, anti-air, & anti-zoning. However, Kit's instant air fans destroy his low demon trade, he has no true blockstrings, and she has that air move to alter her jump. This variation sucks lol.

Hell fire I never used vs Assassin.

Ninjutsu Scorpion is dead even 5-5. Their tools cancel each other's out, so it usually comes down to who can control the neutral better.

Inferno is definitely 6-4 in Assassin's favor. Inferno is so close to bare-bones (no variation) Scorpion it's not even funny. Meaning he has frame traps, anti-air, & anti-zoning. However, Kit's instant air fans destroy his low demon trade, he has no true blockstrings, and she has that air move to alter her jump. This variation sucks lol.

Hell fire I never used vs Assassin.
I still had this like before KP2 with online inferno shenanigans :), but yes after KP2 I have done so much better, and with Assassin's buffs, but the other 2 variations are true 5/5 s

Edited to what Iv tested post patch, some matches I left the same as before due to lack of testing, any imputs would come in handy.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Hey. Voice of reason here...

Ah..

Quan can rape Kitana in nearly any variation. Once in the corner an armored Quan is raping you. Hold that shit shot or catch him slipping. F22u4 your way out IF possible or make a PARRY read. Quan has a teleport...so if your not throwing perfect to SEMI perfect instant air fans your eating a Tele.

Ah..

Quan can rape Kitana in nearly any variation. Once in the corner an armored Quan is raping you. Hold that shit shot or catch him slipping. F22u4 your way out IF possible or make a PARRY read. Quan has a teleport...so if your not throwing perfect to SEMI perfect instant air fans your eating a Tele.
I put Assassin loosing vs Unstopable, Im just getting beat more often in this matchup, Im struggling alot, I do ok agains the other 2 variations Quan has, if he summons an armor portal and i have 1 bar i do Exdb2 it takes him out, I have also done well agains Warlock, Summoner gives me the finger.

Meep8345

Noob

Ah..

Are you serious lmao you have to be trolling with the tele shit

another update after gaining some more experience, NOTE: that matches that I got no experience with, I keep at 5/5, I would like to know what you guys think about Possessed Kenshi? It could be a loosing matchup @Tweedy ?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I was just talking to @Tweedy yesterday about the MU and he feels as if Kitana wins. I feel she does also but I haven't really played a good possessed since the patch so my mind is kinda still set on the MU pre patched

6-4 against Cyrax is correct she has an answer for everything.

It feels 7-3 but I'm not going to make that call.
I had it as a 7/3 before this patch, that MU was so easy, she out zones him, and up close she used to be able to do ex db2 for 31% every time Cyrax tryed to challenge a wakeup, she still out zones him but now ex db2 doesnt combo unless you spend 2 bars, now I think Jacqui full auto beats Assassin, @xKhaoTik do you think Pyro beats Assassin? I know kobu is even but what do you trully think "OFFLINE" online pyro gets away with murder.