What's new

Match Footage My Kenshi (advice, suggestions, critique)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
So i picked up kenshi in order to get to know the characther more, as well as help the other KH guys learn the match up.. im also considering using the char once Evo comes around if hes at a comftable level...
heres the most Rescent footage .. against showtimes Sonya...
any advice would be helpful.. ill be using him more tonight as well on stream Twitch.tv/Kombathouston around 8pm central vs Scar, Showtime, and other members so check it out and ask me qustions or give me advice on the chat

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Cat Well played! Here are a few tips from what I noticed during the match.

1. Be very careful of trying to do b+2, SC when Sonya has meter or she will blow you up with EN cartwheel. If after b+2 you think she's going to do armor, you can blow up her cartwheel with EN tele-flurry.

2. You absolutely have no reason to ever jump at Sonya. Kenshi will win this match grounded.

3. Also, be wary of doing f+3,2 when Sonya has meter cause she can armor through. If you're going to go for it and the Sonya doesn't EN cartwheel on reaction, then stop at f+3 to try to bait the EN cartwheel cause if you finish it, EN cartwheel will win if she pulls the trigger.

4. For anti-cross up with Sonya, you can use EN RK instead of EN SC for a combo for 22%.

5. From 2,1,b+2, don't go straight into SC. You're missing out on damage. 2,1,b+2 > dash RK > f+3,2 SC = 29 damage (32 with JIP)

6. Don't let Sonya get away with doing d+1.

Under_The_Mayo
Pig Of The Hut
Tolkeen

They may find other things in the video that I missed.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So far so good Cat. Pretty much everything blackula said. But I think you were already doing some of that. I saw you do F3 SC to avoid the armored cartwheel. I also approve of the 2 1 B2 SC that you were doing to avoid breaker. But if they don`t have breaker, defintely follow with dash RK F3 2 SC.

Make sure you`re practicing against characters like Smoke and Kabal, because that will teach you a very different style of Kenshi that is absolutely needed to have a change in tournament. If you train your Kenshi to be used as a situation control character, as soon as you lose control you`re gonna start playing badly.

I`m a strong advocator of NJP`s, and they can be used to bait out cartwheels. Kenshi does good damage from NJPs, especially in the air.
A grounded NJP combo with high damage is NJP, dash 2, dash 3 RK, F3 2 SC for 29%.
And in the air, its NJP, dash RK, dash Uppercut, F3 2 SC as a position reversal for 31%.

Reactions: Cat

Cat

Cat Well played! Here are a few tips from what I noticed during the match.

1. Be very careful of trying to do b+2, SC when Sonya has meter or she will blow you up with EN cartwheel. If after b+2 you think she's going to do armor, you can blow up her cartwheel with EN tele-flurry.

2. You absolutely have no reason to ever jump at Sonya. Kenshi will win this match grounded.

3. Also, be wary of doing f+3,2 when Sonya has meter cause she can armor through. If you're going to go for it and the Sonya doesn't EN cartwheel on reaction, then stop at f+3 to try to bait the EN cartwheel cause if you finish it, EN cartwheel will win if she pulls the trigger.

4. For anti-cross up with Sonya, you can use EN RK instead of EN SC for a combo for 22%.

5. From 2,1,b+2, don't go straight into SC. You're missing out on damage. 2,1,b+2 > dash RK > f+3,2 SC = 29 damage (32 with JIP)

6. Don't let Sonya get away with doing d+1.

Under_The_Mayo
Pig Of The Hut
Tolkeen

They may find other things in the video that I missed.
Awesome. I didn't know I could combo for more damage after the 2,1 b2. That's why I just did sc. And also good to know I have a chance to block if I do a f3 without 2. I always though you would get punished anyways.

I started doing eh rising karma on cross overs now. Definitely more damage. Thanks

Cat

So far so good Cat. Pretty much everything blackula said. But I think you were already doing some of that. I saw you do F3 SC to avoid the armored cartwheel. I also approve of the 2 1 B2 SC that you were doing to avoid breaker. But if they don`t have breaker, defintely follow with dash RK F3 2 SC.

Make sure you`re practicing against characters like Smoke and Kabal, because that will teach you a very different style of Kenshi that is absolutely needed to have a change in tournament. If you train your Kenshi to be used as a situation control character, as soon as you lose control you`re gonna start playing badly.

I`m a strong advocator of NJP`s, and they can be used to bait out cartwheels. Kenshi does good damage from NJPs, especially in the air.
A grounded NJP combo with high damage is NJP, dash 2, dash 3 RK, F3 2 SC for 29%.
And in the air, its NJP, dash RK, dash Uppercut, F3 2 SC as a position reversal for 31%.
Thanks man. I been using him vs a variety of characters and you definitely need to switch styles depending on who you fight. I tried doing f3 eh sc to avoid the Armor wheel. But got hit anyways. I need to test it more with eh risking karma or telefurry to see if it wins. I like the Sonya match up since you have to be patient and very wary on pressing buttons at the wrong time and gettin hit with a dive kick or a eh wheel.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
f+3, SC will not beat out her armor if she does EN cartwheel.

Also, why would you want to avoid making her break if she has a breaker? You don't want Sonya to have meter period. If she has no meter to armor through, then you can pretty much check her at will without having to worrying about getting blown up with the EN cartwheel.