What's new

My favorite Sindel strategies. <3

I want to open up 2013 with a runback of Sindel <3 (STILL BEING WORKED ON)

Special Moves:
Hair Whip: This special move is great because it prevents your opponent from tech rolling. This does normally 1% more damage than cartwheels when choosing to end a combo with this.
Strong Points:
- Switches positions without the use of meter.
- -7 on block, but due to the length of her hair, most pokes and attacks cannot punish her in the right distance.
- Unbreakable
- Unexplored Anti Air.
- Eliminated Tech roll, which in turn can cause a mix up on opponents wake up with Sindel's B3.

Weak Points:
- When used incorrectly, she can corner herself by switching positions.
- Pretty Punishable on Whiff.

Ex Version: Should never be used unless to end a round/match.

Cartwheel: This special move is an overhead, which can be used after strings to cause a mixup game. This should be used to end combos when you are not cornered/close to being cornered to push your opponent away. This move also causes TOASTY BOOST to occur, which is convenient.

Strong Points:
- Pushes opponent full screen, where Sindel wants the opponent at all times.
- Causes Toasty Boost to occur.
- 2 Hit Overhead

Weak Points:
- -7 on block, all pressure ends once this move is blocked.

Ex Version: Used to switch positions. Causes a little more damage. More invincibility on wakeup. I rarely use this, but is not a bad option in some cases.

Fireball/Lowfireball *Grounded*
-The normal fireball should never be used grounded. It is -15 on block, and causes no mix up. It should only be used rarely when trading projectiles as it can sometimes cause the fireball to hit the falling opponent. (Example: As Kitana falls when throwing an IAF)
-The Lowfireball should be more commonly used instead of the mid fireball

Strong Points (Low)
- DRASTICALLY decreases her hitbox, useful for crossovers.
- Low hit
- + 5 on hit
- Can evade certain projectiles

Weak Points
- -14 on block (low), -15 (regular)
- Punished on Whiff
- Despite low fireball being +5 on hit, (+4 regular), this does not guarantee Standing 4 pressure.

Air: The regular fireball in the air is most commonly used, as it travels further, while the low fireball should be used on advancing opponents.

Ex Version (ground)
-Low Fireball causes more damage, and grants a knockdown.
Air:
- Causes two different angled fireballs to come out; ideal for chipping an enemy to death (finishing them off)

Yell: Used to elongate combos, normally used during combos. Can be used to heavily punish opponents who do not respect 2,1 levi cancel for a full combo punish by inputting 2,1 yell, instead of levitating canceling.

Strong Points:
- Grants +104 on hit
- Causes combos to do more damage, causes a combo setup on hit.

Weak Points:
- Punishable on block
- Punishable on whiff
- Slow startup
- Not unbreakable

Ex Version:
- Faster startup and can be canceled.

The big one, Levitation

Levitation is one of her more useful specials. It can be used during strings to psyche opponents out, gain advantage on hit/block, and create a much more deadly rushdown Sindel. While a timed poke can be performed to escape such pressure; the opponent runs the risk of eating a special, string, etc.
*Wall specialty video can help explain more in detail*

It is Ideal to perform naked levitate cancels full screen to gain meter, and psyche opponents out. (Trick opponent to teleport, block, punish , etc)

Air: Can be used at peak to rapidly throw out fireballs. Can throw out fireball, then dash forward or back and quickly input fireball choice to throw out 2 rapid fireballs back to back that combo for 15%
There is no Ex Version for this.

To rapidly throw fireballs during levitating you need to hold up for a second
after each one to avoid the bug that happens. Thanks to Reo for that.
And I've already asked you 2 times about her hw's aa properties esp. when
you follow it off a naked LC. And you you did say "unexplored" up there.
So I'm being curious how you've been using it.

You can levitate and cancel it when you see an opponent jumping at you, which is a safer AA than 1.
It's reach is far further, and usually eliminates JP range, and early JK range.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Very nice. See if you can incorporate some of the stuff I typed up in the very first post of the sindel general/strategies discussion thread and we can make this one the new one.

Also we need to play some games again it's been forever :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Very nice. See if you can incorporate some of the stuff I typed up in the very first post of the sindel general/strategies discussion thread and we can make this one the new one.

Also we need to play some games again it's been forever :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
i play on Mr_Mileena_ for mk

I think I have you on TDA Kitana, so just message me on that one and i can hop on

So Mr. Mileena about the levitate dash phasing, have you tried being full screen
against Kitana and try to phase dash her iafs while in full levitate? Or does it work on
jips and jiks only? Would be a godlike tech to phase through projectiles as well.
That I am not sure because she is airbourne as she does her fan, but I think she touches the ground by the time the air fan reachers sindel.

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
Nice job man.... very good to have this on hand.

i would like to add a few coments to all sindel players ...

-That antiroll tech...after ending a combo with the hairwhip, besides of killing is roll... you could do a little dash and hairwhip again. (0:59). After the opponent gets it, i will just block the next time and a beautifull mindgame begins (trow, preassure, etc.), also you could levicancel and block forcing him to wakeup you and punish.

-the cartwheel.... love it. Once you get your xray bar full (we kind of always do), your opponent will fear you and crouch block everywhere in the stage "just in case" ... thats when you can spam your cartwheel.... its so crazy, i got 4 in a row the other night ! AHhaah

- the far grounded fireball...... if you only use iafb and the lfb.... your opponent could begin to read your LFB to jump in and punish. i recomend strongly to use the normal fireball when your are far enough..... i beliebe it has a huge hitbox and does not let your opponent easily jump over it. i would not underrated it. use it and surprise !

-after you finish a combo with 311..... you have enough time to levitate... hold it a bit and fire your 2 fb in a row to add a lot of preassure to your zoning. (by the way i still believe that sindel zoning isnt good. But i already change the switch in my head because nonetheless your opponent will always try to rush you and make him think that he is going trough your zoning, but you are already waiting for him and take that as an advantage)

-a little tip.... jump neutral, make a ramdom move in the air and THEN fire your ball of spit.... IT ALWAYS HITS !!! (the dude thinks you wiff and walk foward).

cool stuff man....

UP THE SINDELS !!!