What's new

My brother got me MK11 Ultimate on Steam and I fucking love it

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Holy shit - 60fps even in intros and fatal blows? Native 4K? Lightning fast loading?

This just cemented my belief to scrap consoles altogether and go PC-only. My favorite IPs are already PC available (MK, Resident Evil, Scrolls, FROM games) and if Sony makes even more 1st party games for the PC (Demon's Souls Remake, Spider-Man) then I have no reason to buy a Sony console ever again.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Holy shit - 60fps even in intros and fatal blows? Native 4K? Lightning fast loading?

This just cemented my belief to scrap consoles altogether and go PC-only. My favorite IPs are already PC available (MK, Resident Evil, Scrolls, FROM games) and if Sony makes even more 1st party games for the PC (Demon's Souls Remake, Spider-Man) then I have no reason to buy a Sony console ever again.
The PC master race is always and forever posting about terrible ports, graphic glitches, instability and hardware/software incompatibilities.
But go nuts.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
The PC master race is always and forever posting about terrible ports, graphic glitches, instability and hardware/software incompatibilities.
But go nuts.
In today's age, consoles aren't any less prone to glitches and terrible ports. Day one patches to fix half-broken games and what-not. Hell, Cyberpunk can barely function on a base PS4.

At least PC has modding communities to fix the shit dev teams make.

Gaxkang

Banned

Plus ya don't gotta pay for playing online :D

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
But go nuts.
And not getting the patches on time (I say this as a partly PC gamer) :laughing:

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
(me on PC)
you know what i also really like?
noticeable less "wifi warriors", and i like to play KL from time to time (especially for the brutals ^^)
in tekken7 they finally made it possible to decline all wifi at will (wished MK11 would also have that)

i also have my problems with QLOC (supporting PC port) but it got a little better lately
(patch console to pc delay is way less)

But go nuts.
You do love to dig. The "PC Master Race" throws a shit-fit if a single frame drops in an unplayable cutscene; it's pretty funny/sad.

The port for Mortal Kombat 11 is excellent on PC. About a month after launch a patch (ironically the one that added full 60 FPS support) did cause issues for the game, frame drops and such, and it took a month or so for it to fully get ironed out over a few patches, but otherwise, performance has been solid and it's an excellent version of the game with a proper competitive scene and regular online tournaments.

Pros for the PC version over consoles:

• Better graphics
  • Better performance (compared to last generation consoles. I'm not sure about current generation)
  • Wider native support for input devices
  • Cheaper cost for the base game and all DLC via third party sellers
  • Free Multiplayer
  • No random voice chat
  • There does indeed seem to be less Wi-Fi players
  • Unlocker
Cons for the PC version over consoles:

• Delayed patches/hotfixes (by up to a week, normally)
  • No crossplay
  • Not the tournament standard
  • The majority of the player base seems to be in Europe/Russia, so there may be increased online latency for those in North America
  • There are more cheaters in Online using Macros
There are always going to be elitist PC gamers who freak at the slightest minor issue, or who try to run the game in 4K at 60 FPS on a laptop from 1999 and then scream bloody murder when it doesn't work, but that vocal minority does not properly reflect on the state of the port itself.

@Nickolaidas Welcome, and enjoy the port itself. QLOC did a really good job with it. Having said that, there's nothing wrong with the PlayStation 4 version either, both have their pros and cons, and some of our own PC community play on both.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
You do love to dig. The "PC Master Race" throws a shit-fit if a single frame drops in an unplayable cutscene; it's pretty funny/sad.

The port for Mortal Kombat 11 is excellent on PC. About a month after launch a patch (ironically the one that added full 60 FPS support) did cause issues for the game, frame drops and such, and it took a month or so for it to fully get ironed out over a few patches, but otherwise, performance has been solid and it's an excellent version of the game with a proper competitive scene and regular online tournaments.

Pros for the PC version over consoles:

• Better graphics
  • Better performance (compared to last generation consoles. I'm not sure about current generation)
  • Wider native support for input devices
  • Cheaper cost for the base game and all DLC via third party sellers
  • Free Multiplayer
  • No random voice chat
  • There does indeed seem to be less Wi-Fi players
  • Unlocker
Cons for the PC version over consoles:

• Delayed patches/hotfixes (by up to a week, normally)
  • No crossplay
  • Not the tournament standard
  • The majority of the player base seems to be in Europe/Russia, so there may be increased online latency for those in North America
  • There are more cheaters in Online using Macros
There are always going to be elitist PC gamers who freak at the slightest minor issue, or who try to run the game in 4K at 60 FPS on a laptop from 1999 and then scream bloody murder when it doesn't work, but that vocal minority does not properly reflect on the state of the port itself.

@Nickolaidas Welcome, and enjoy the port itself. QLOC did a really good job with it. Having said that, there's nothing wrong with the PlayStation 4 version either, both have their pros and cons, and some of our own PC community play on both.
I do fucking love it, mate.

nwo

Noob
In today's age, consoles aren't any less prone to glitches and terrible ports. Day one patches to fix half-broken games and what-not. Hell, Cyberpunk can barely function on a base PS4.

At least PC has modding communities to fix the shit dev teams make.
I heard somewhere that they were offering refunds for people who bought Cyberpunk for ps4? lol

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I heard somewhere that they were offering refunds for people who bought Cyberpunk for ps4? lol
Yup, it was a true clusterfuck.

The best version of a game is (if not in the first day, eventually) on the PC - most of the time, in my opinion.

Reactions: nwo
Unless I missed an update, the unlocker no longer works as of the major balance patch.
Ah, I was unaware. I've never actually used it myself as I never bother with mods or anything.

Yup, but it was for all versions of the game, not just PlayStation 4. Sony also pulled it from their online store though, while Steam and the Microsoft Store still allow the game for purchase.

Interestingly, after getting their refund and the game removed from their console, some people flipped because they still wanted to play it!!!

The best version of a game is (if not in the first day, eventually) on the PC - most of the time, in my opinion.
Outside of rare circumstances or short-term content exclusivity, the PC version of a game is almost always going to be the "best" version; at least in terms of graphics, performance, and customizability.

The most supported version of a game, however, tends to vary based on a number of factors.