What's new

Combo List - Kenshi "My blade thanks you" - Kenshi Kombo Thread [Updated post-XL 2.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I'm starting with Kenjutsu. After patch is it still possible to connect a B32 after d1 in combos like this one? 111~db1, 1, b32~db4/bf3
I'm trying a lot and always wiffs. I heard the hitbox of the move changed, but that much?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Don't think so. Uppercut is fairly tight timing as it is.
I tried all fucking night, you are right, can't get 22 telefury, only enough time for an uppercut or another d1 instead of uppercut, I tried experimenting with the second down one but I can't get it consistently enough to tinker around with what you can do after

most consistent 1 bar corner combo for me in balanced is:

f32~db1, f3~db1, b3~exdb1, 43~bf2 48%

if the starter keeps your opponent on the ground until the first db1 then you can substitute the b3 for another f3 e.g.

421~db1, f3~db1, f3~exdb1, 43~bf2

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Ok, now Kenshi is B tier according to Yomi...let's hope this helps him to get some buffs next patch!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
50% Kenjutsu 2 bars:
B1/f2- db4MB, ji2, b1-df1MB, 1, njp, d2, 43-bf3.
1 or 2% less damage off other openers/b3.

@Pan1cMode are those updated combos with s1 or d1?
If it's just "1" then it's a standing 1.
If it's a "D1", then yes it is a D1.

Kenshi's D1 seems to scale damage in the same way as his S1. Given that it is generally easier to juggle with D1 (at least in the corner,) D1 has been listed.

I've been looking to do a massive overhaul of the OP. Given we get the patch soon and the beta currently, I wanted to hold off till then so that everything is up to date.

I'll be updating this one soon.
I'm sorry if I did things too early for your tastes, Pan1c, but I updated the original post on behalf of my brother. He plays Kenshi and gave me the details to update the combo thread. Don't worry, he's no scrub.

(Trivia: He is also the unfortunate Kenshi player in those Jason vs. Kenshi gifs that I've posted in the general discussion thread.)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If it's just "1" then it's a standing 1.
If it's a "D1", then yes it is a D1.

Kenshi's D1 seems to scale damage in the same way as his S1. Given that it is generally easier to juggle with D1 (at least in the corner,) D1 has been listed.

I'm sorry if I did things too early for your tastes, Pan1c, but I updated the original post on behalf of my brother. He plays Kenshi and gave me the details to update the combo thread. Don't worry, he's no scrub.

(Trivia: He is also the unfortunate Kenshi player in those Jason vs. Kenshi gifs that I've posted in the general discussion thread.)
No worries :) thanks for going ahead and doing the work. I just didn't want to have to do it twice hahaha.

Lokheit

Noob
With the new 7 damage s4 and DB1 having a beter combo window, considering that worse damage scales should go later in the combo (and DB1 damage scale is still crap) I've found this 1 bar combo from EXDB4 that so far beats any EXDF1 combo that I can find, It also beats combos using EXDB4 after the launcher.

B1(or any non launching starter)EXDB4, JIP, 421, DB1, D1, 43, BF3 = 43 mid screen damage for 1 bar. Also 43 damage if you start with 421. The corner carry is otherwordly too.

Edit: B1 after the D1 at the end of the combo is easier to execute and only reduces total damage to 41. It also allows you to finish wih spinning blade instead of a tele-move. You sacrifice extra damage but spinning blade is a +22 HKD that finishes in range for another attack while your tele moves advantage is crappy.

Last edited:

Nikita

Niksan
I spent time in training and find new combos, and forgotten old. Because there used to be difficult to do. For example B3/F2~DB1 D1 D1 B1~BF3 and another. The videos are excellent new combo with 2112+4.
I'm sorry, the video clip just recorded. Without mounting

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
With the new 7 damage s4 and DB1 having a beter combo window, considering that worse damage scales should go later in the combo (and DB1 damage scale is still crap) I've found this 1 bar combo from EXDB4 that so far beats any EXDF1 combo that I can find, It also beats combos using EXDB4 after the launcher.

B1(or any non launching starter)EXDB4, JIP, 421, DB1, D1, 43, BF3 = 43 mid screen damage for 1 bar. Also 43 damage if you start with 421. The corner carry is otherwordly too.

Edit: B1 after the D1 at the end of the combo is easier to execute and only reduces total damage to 41. It also allows you to finish wih spinning blade instead of a tele-move. You sacrifice extra damage but spinning blade is a +22 HKD that finishes in range for another attack while your tele moves advantage is crappy.
Nice find! But just a heads up I had some inconsistency doing this on Cassie. But on Triborg I was 10/10.

Probably will have to go with jip > 2112+4 > rc > 43/421 > bf3*db4/df1.

Nikita

Niksan
Kenjutsu
3 bar
b1~exDF1 rc 22MB 2112+4 rc 43~exDB4 jip 43~bf3 (53 %)
2 bar
b1~exDF1 rc 22MB 2112+4 rc 43~bf3

There are other videos in my previous post.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Just a tip here. I find d1 211 to be best and most consistent followup midscreen after Kenjutsu's db1. d1 43 works but it's kind of iffy.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
3223 combos now.. I think. I'm not sure if it worked before but you can follow it up with 3223 BF3 in all variations midscreen and 3223,s1,s1,s1,43,ender in the corner.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Do you guys mash the d1 after db1 in kenjutsu combos? I struggle to get the d1 consistently in meterless kenjutsu combos to link into b1xxdb1 or whatever ender. that d1 link after the starterxxdb1 feels tight for this game. any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.