What's new

Combo List - Kenshi "My blade thanks you" - Kenshi Kombo Thread [Updated post-XL 2.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Do you guys mash the d1 after db1 in kenjutsu combos? I struggle to get the d1 consistently in meterless kenjutsu combos to link into b1xxdb1 or whatever ender. that d1 link after the starterxxdb1 feels tight for this game. any tips?
Practice. Don't do d1 into special, do d1 into 211 for more optimal damage or d1 43 for max damage.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
Practice. Don't do d1 into special, do d1 into 211 for more optimal damage or d1 43 for max damage.
I prefer doing DB1~D1~D1~B1 because it's just as consistent for and does 1% more damage on certain combos compared to doing D1~2,1,1. A couple of examples: Starting with 2,1,1 or 1,1,1 and ending with BF3 will do 1% more damage, and starting with B1 then ending with DB4 does 1% more. It's personal preference though, so it's up to you.

Do you guys mash the d1 after db1 in kenjutsu combos? I struggle to get the d1 consistently in meterless kenjutsu combos to link into b1xxdb1 or whatever ender. that d1 link after the starterxxdb1 feels tight for this game. any tips?
I assume you already watched my video showing the timing for the DB1 combos? If not here it is.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I have a better damage combo for Possessed from teleport > NJP than what is in the list.

Teleport > NJP > F2 > 1 > 43 > BF3

You need to run a tiny bit between 1 and 43 iirc.

ando1184

Noob
Um, is this thread still getting updates? Also, I'm curious why there aren't any X-ray or 2 bar combos listed for balanced?

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
Um, is this thread still getting updates? Also, I'm curious why there aren't any X-ray combos listed? And if there are I guess I missed it.
Sorry for not adding X-ray combos, they've slipped my mind. It's been nearly a month since the last update, so I'll work on updating it next week then I'll ask @Alien Substance to edit the changes in.

ando1184

Noob
Sorry for not adding X-ray combos, they've slipped my mind. It's been nearly a month since the last update, so I'll work on updating it next week then I'll ask @Alien Substance to edit the changes in.
Yeh I was just wondering because I picked up balanced about a week ago and find myself using X-ray more with this character than anyone else. It's a great way to close out matches and hurts so much. Plus this character gets 38% unbreakable damage in the corner with 3 bars and I didn't see that listed. It's ex db1, ex db1, ex db1, throw. That's pretty viable IMO. I also have done a 2 bar corner combo for 50% I didn't see listed, it's: b31, db1, f3, db1, b31, ex db1, 43, ex db1. Is there anything better than 50% for 2 bars, or 3?

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
Yeh I was just wondering because I picked up balanced about a week ago and find myself using X-ray more with this character than anyone else. It's a great way to close out matches and hurts so much. Plus this character gets 38% unbreakable damage in the corner with 3 bars and I didn't see that listed. It's ex db1, ex db1, ex db1, throw. That's pretty viable IMO. I also have done a 2 bar corner combo for 50% I didn't see listed, it's: b31, db1, f3, db1, b31, ex db1, 43, ex db1. Is there anything better than 50% for 2 bars, or 3?
Lol, I recently discovered the amount of damage doing 3 EX RK's do in a combo myself, it's pretty neat. Also that combo seems to be a waste of a bar since you can do 48% with just one bar, unless if you're closing out the match/round. The max I've been able to get is 53% with 2 bars, but it's really impractical since it requires specific timing.

In the metered corner combos for Balanced, looking at the F3,2 starter you can add an extra 2% by ending with EX BF2. If we're talking max damage X-ray combos in the corner, you can do:

F3,2xxDB1~F3xxDB1~F3,2xx X-ray (58%)
(you can replace the last F3,2 before the X-ray with B3,2 for more consistency)

ando1184

Noob
Lol, I recently discovered the amount of damage doing 3 EX RK's do in a combo myself, it's pretty neat. Also that combo seems to be a waste of a bar since you can do 48% with just one bar, unless if you're closing out the match/round. The max I've been able to get is 53% with 2 bars, but it's really impractical since it requires specific timing.

In the metered corner combos for Balanced, looking at the F3,2 starter you can add an extra 2% by ending with EX BF2. If we're talking max damage X-ray combos in the corner, you can do:

F3,2xxDB1~F3xxDB1~F3,2xx X-ray (58%)
(you can replace the last F3,2 before the X-ray with B3,2 for more consistency)
In what scenarios would using f3 be best? I find that b1 and b3 to be more practical since they have faster start up. Can you provide some examples of scenarios landing a f3 for these combos please? I'll definitely lab and practice them if so :)

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
In what scenarios would using f3 be best? I find that b1 and b3 to be more practical since they have faster start up. Can you provide some examples of scenarios landing a f3 for these combos please? I'll definitely lab and practice them if so :)
Well...I don't have any, I rarely use F3 as a combo starter. Really the only reason to use it is for damage or to juggle in the corner in my opinion. You wanted max damage combos but I didn't see that you were looking for max damage combos that start with B3 or B1. Sorry.

ando1184

Noob
Well...I don't have any, I rarely use F3 as a combo starter. Really the only reason to use it is for damage or to juggle in the corner in my opinion. You wanted max damage combos but I didn't see that you were looking for max damage combos that start with B3 or B1. Sorry.
All good, I'm looking for any and everything. I was just hoping since f3 starter is the most damaging, that there might be practical uses in using it? But if not then I'll just stick to the b1, 2112+4, and b31 starters.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
What do people use as a combo after f2exdb1? I want something that uses no more meter and about 40% damage. Anyone got that?

For kenjutsu please

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
What do people use as a combo after f2exdb1? I want something that uses no more meter and about 40% damage. Anyone got that?

For kenjutsu please
Unfortunately EX DB1 scales pretty heavily so you can't get much damage from EX DB1 as you would EX DF1, the most damaging and consistent I have found right now is

F2xxEX DB1~Run, 1~4,3xxDB4/BF3 | 33%

EDIT: actually you can get more damage by starting with B1 and 4,2,1, 34% for B1 and 35% with 4,2,1.

You can get 39% if you spend an extra bar by doing

F2xxEX DB1~Run, F3,2xxEX DB4~JIP~4,3xxDB4/BF3

Going back to EX DF1 I have found that it's WAY easier to connect 4,3 after doing EX DF1, you can also connect F3,2 to spend an extra bar for more damage.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
I appreciate the videos, Ahmad. They should be very good starting points for players wanting to get into Kenshi and find some nice bnbs (if there are any LOL). Keep working, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.