What's new

My Black Canary Tech Thread

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Im guessing the bodies have to be touching in order for this to work?
Yeah, it's really hard to replicate it too, but I've managed to pull it off a couple times in a real match. Nothing super reliable that you look for or anything, but if you happen to notice it as a possibility in a real match, it's a good mindgame because he wont want to f2 anywhere near you again.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
And here's the pretty much best, most optimal combo you can do with Black Canary that I forgot to post day 1 for some reason rofl. At least I'm doing it now I guess:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
That's only a combo on big guys.

Remember guys. 21xxCanary Drop only connects on.....

Atrocitus
Bane
Brainiac
Darkseid
Gorilla Grodd
Scarecrow
Swamp Thing
The 21 is showcasing the 50/50 reset that leads into the combo, it's not part of the combo.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
This was literally the 2nd set I've played with stick since attempting the switch, so my IACDs aren't as accurate as they should be, but here's a video demonstrating the potential of IACDs and how it can VASTLY improve neutral(esp in regards to whiff punishing from extremely far, and the close/midrange aspects of whiff punishing footsies with low/mid crushing ability)/oki/mixups/etc and potentially solve ALL her major issues.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Nothing new, just using @xKhaoTik tech and showing it taking a lifebar midscreen, but I'm feeling reallllllly sick(took a lot to even get up and record this) so I wanted to put something up before I start looking for and posting new tech.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Forgot about this for a second, but I recorded rq before I have to get off and gonna check a couple more things before I leave in 10min. J2 off this string works on a tonnnnnn of wakeups, most(possibly every) backdash, and beats all delay wakeup timings so yey

Ok yeah this does work:

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Ok this is actually kinda sick, didn't think I could do this to wowo. Kind of want to just stay home now.

Yeah not going anywhere fuck it lol. You can dash j2 to beat it as well so she cant regular shield bash to get away:

Better combo for the j3 one instead of going for raw bf2

@Tiger Wong made me want to do a video on this so I'm not taking credit for discovering this tech(invincibility cancelling into parry). I'll keep posting tricks you can do with it though.

Last edited:

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Hey, champs.
Here's something I'm not sure is entirely useful, but I love my gimmicks and it's been winning me matches soooooooooooo
In the corner, my go to combo is 21xxbf2EX, j2, 2u3, 2u3, 11, 112xxLevel3Scream, nj2, 21xxdf3

And you see, on that df3, you don't actually flip to the other side of them. You stay in place, they're back is still in the corner. But if I end in 23xxdf3, I AM on the other side of them and I'll do some gimmicky cross up to follow up. Another 50/50, or a throw back into the corner (which feels great btw)

But, yeah. That of use to anyone else?

Possible DF3d vortex from other thread....

When doing @Take$$$ 1121+3 ending, Superman becomes a bit of a pain. His backdash gets on my nerves. And when I try to keep him down, well..... it isn't pretty......

[WARNING! this video is of me failing at connecting a backdashing superman for 25 secs.]

Anyway, it's not until I take a tiny step forward, and do the J2 at a specific time that it connects. Basically, the timing is pretty tight.

And you have to change it to J3 in anticipation of Superman's rising grab because the J2 just gets eaten up. But if Superman doesn't do the rising grab and backdashes or blocks, the J3 whiffs because you also have to do the J3 early to make the rising grab whiff.

So at first I tried to make a combo ending in 113 because I mean...... that's 35 frames of hit advantage. But I can't find anything to connect that 113 off of other than a restand. So I messed around with DF3d last night and came up with the combo I posted a few posts back.

Now, I wanted to look at Superman and his stupid backdash and rising grab wakeups. Well like I said last night, You're not backdashing out this setup......

Which brings me to that rising grab.....

Notice..... the timing for the J2 is identical vs backdash or rising grab. And if they do something they get blown up (lol at freeze breath and you safe jump the Flying Punch) or have to block the crossup and your incoming mixup. Superman CAN'T ESCAPE (well..... unless he late rises maybe. I still have to test vs delay wakeup). He's stuck in a little corner that we created for him in the middle of the screen. (again, thanks to @Take$$$ for the idea of making the midscreen a corner) The difference between crossup J3->D2->DF3d and 1121+3 vs Superman is that you as Black Canary don't have to guess his wakeup with very specific J2/J3 timing. The ending has less frames of advantage than ending a combo with D3, True. But this combo will hit harder than anything that ends in D3.

I'll have more vids on this tech vs other characters, later. I can tell you right now though.... Robin's assassin strike is just the biggest pain in the ass as a wakeup. For some reason, it overcomes a lot of things in Black Canarys arsenal, including cross-up J2 and J3.

Ok so, continuing on with the DF3d KD tech I decided to see what it looks like vs one of our biggest MU pains are. IMO, one of them is WoWo.

Well, basically, unless she dashes forward, she ain't getting out. She has to block or she gets owned. None of her moves lets her escape. She takes the J2. The only thing that comes close is Up Almathea Bash.

vs Up Almathea Bash, it's a safe jump if we jump IMMEDIATELY after the sweep

Or if we kill a couple of frames and then jump, it completely whiffs

Not sure what to do vs forward dash. Yet.

EDIT* CORRECTION! The bitch can't escape with a forward dash! Why?

Because of Empty jump > CC lvl2

The way this tech goes, you can do the J2 late and it'll cremate most of WoWo's wakeup options if the opponent gets up at their normal time. So if they forward dashe, they're doing it in anticipation of the J2. They won't know if the J2 is out or not. So when they get up, their sending the forward dash. I know this because I set the computer to do the combo ending in DF3d and I was WoWo. If you empty jump CC lvl 2, it catches her forward dash before she has time to recover.

And look at the trait meter. If you start the combo with trait anywhere at lvl 1, by the time the combo finishes, you'll have enough trait for CC lvl2. This is also true if you start the combo with 23 or 112 or 11.

Last edited:
You're friggin awesome...You and Take$$$ and this whole community of BC players. Ive been toying around with catwoman, but Dinah will always be my main girl. I love pulling her out in my time of need, lol

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
hey guys! so like is this known because it's really good lol
Yes this has been known since week 1

Ok so, continuing on with the DF3d KD tech I decided to see what it looks like vs one of our biggest MU pains are. IMO, one of them is WoWo.

Well, basically, unless she dashes forward, she ain't getting out. She has to block or she gets owned. None of her moves lets her escape. She takes the J2. The only thing that comes close is Up Almathea Bash.

vs Up Almathea Bash, it's a safe jump if we jump IMMEDIATELY after the sweep

Or if we kill a couple of frames and then jump, it completely whiffs

Not sure what to do vs forward dash. Yet.

EDIT* CORRECTION! The bitch can't escape with a forward dash! Why?

Because of Empty jump > CC lvl2

The way this tech goes, you can do the J2 late and it'll cremate most of WoWo's wakeup options if the opponent gets up at their normal time. So if they forward dashe, they're doing it in anticipation of the J2. They won't know if the J2 is out or not. So when they get up, their sending the forward dash. I know this because I set the computer to do the combo ending in DF3d and I was WoWo. If you empty jump CC lvl 2, it catches her forward dash before she has time to recover.

And look at the trait meter. If you start the combo with trait anywhere at lvl 1, by the time the combo finishes, you'll have enough trait for CC lvl2. This is also true if you start the combo with 23 or 112 or 11.
Nice work man. I'm going to wait until the patch to update the guide and these things will be added in fill detail through a video from me of that's alright with you

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I told myself that I was gonna play in the online thing tonight and give myself a bit of a break today, so I decided to practice a bit again(mostly my vortex execution that others are already 50x better at than I am loool) and happened to find this cute... Thing. Made me smile anyway lols.

21/23

Practice the timing after the J2 whiffs for the 21/23 to land as they wakeup. I don't think you can wakeup with a special and have the invincibility frames you normally get if the wakeup is delayed. At least.... that's what I've noticed.