What's new

My Black Canary Tech Thread

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Been posting these on the Canary discord, but then I realized how many people aren't on it and felt bad, so I'm posting this stuff here and hoping more people will contribute to finding more uses for it. There's still a ton of stuff I haven't recorded & uploaded, but this should give you a decent idea of what it can do.

Newest way to vortex:

Playlist for the meterless vortex & the metered vortex that I found:

Some playlists I made:

Her most essential tech imo:

112 1+3 Stuff:

Anti-Wakeup stuff:

D3 Tech:

Misc:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Canary's best, most optimal combo:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
that looks really odd being able to sweep someone out of a jump in attack. is it intended to do that or is it something that will get patched out at some point? i haven't played a game by this company before so i dont know. if it will get patched out i probably wont use it as i hate to have to readjust after something is muscle memory.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
that looks really odd being able to sweep someone out of a jump in attack. is it intended to do that or is it something that will get patched out at some point? i haven't played a game by this company before so i dont know. if it will get patched out i probably wont use it as i hate to have to readjust after something is muscle memory.
Johnny Cage with his d4 in MKX is a good example of this happening and staying in the game. It wasn't a sweep, but it was a ridiculously good move. But given its obvious upward hitbox and obvious low profiling abilities, and her having no reliably good anti air outside of d3, it looks like they intended for her to have this to me.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Here are 2 quick ways I found to set up and properly time the D3 anti-wakeup. Deadshot:

After you whiff the standing 1, if you read that they wont wakeup, you can do a slight walk forward into standing 21 and they cant do anything about it as they get up other than backdash and walk back(with better timing walk back might not even be an option).

Darkseid:

After you dash, if you read that they wont wakeup, they have to hold almost anything you do next. Outside of MB B3 and MB F3, B2 stuffs anything he can do including backdash, standing 2 stuffs anything he can do including backdash.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Moving stuff over. Mostly some very universal setups off of 112 1+3 that, between the 3-4 big ones I've found and uploaded, will blow up wakeups across the entire cast and let you continue mixing np:

--
This one also blows up Captain Cold, Wonder Woman, Gorilla Grodd and prob more

--
Pretty sure this one works on MOST of the cast, and the people it doesn't work on either lose to dash d3 or the one I posted above.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
lets see how long this last. Is it true that this game doesnt have big frames for wakeup moves like past NRS games?

Hateside

Noob
Not part of the discord i started playing her a few days ago and found some interested stuff with her cartwheel. You can do most combo strings in the corner then cartwheel forward and it makes it look like your behind them but doesn't put you there unless you do one of the overhead strings (2,3 and maybe forward 1,3) so you can do tons of fake outs and go into jump ins

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
The Firestorm/Captain Cold/Grodd/Wowo/etc anti-wakeup setup works on Deadshot too, but it's a lot easier to time it on Deadshot than Firestorm. Also if you don't think he's gonna wakeup but input this anyway, just don't do it close. It's still a 50/50 depending on when you hit them in the getup animation.

Last edited:
just posting this here because it seemed liked the best place for it, hope that's ok

if you time a b1xhigh parry properly after a hard knockdown the parry will come out on wiff against an invincible wake up . and even if they wake up with something that gets hit by the b1 you are still safe after the parry because of the stagger.

not sure how useful this will turn out being but i thought it was worth sharing.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I forgot to post this here after posting it on the discord, since I just realized I've known this for a long time and no one else really has:

Canary Drop off of 112 1+3 is a true 50/50 because it'll either cross up or stay in front depending on where they are in their getup animation, which can be as small as a 1 frame difference so it's literally unreactable. It also beats every, or almost every, wakeup in the game, but for some you have to do the short drop on a wakeup read to catch it. Also, it's safe even if they delay wakeup.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I forgot to post this here after posting it on the discord, since I just realized I've known this for a long time and no one else really has:

Canary Drop off of 112 1+3 is a true 50/50 because it'll either cross up or stay in front depending on where they are in their getup animation, which can be as small as a 1 frame difference so it's literally unreactable. It also beats every, or almost every, wakeup in the game, but for some you have to do the short drop on a wakeup read to catch it. Also, it's safe even if they delay wakeup.
Video to go with this post(finally), sorry for being so lazy: