What's new

Strategy My Batman gameplay observations

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi guys.

I have spent a good bit of time looking at any and all Batman gameplay footage so far to try and figure out how he will play and should be utilised with only the information that I can physically see.

I would like to think that I can break a character down to its bones and look at a characters tools in a unique way, and I think Batman might have some serious dirt, albeit, technical and predictive.

First thing:

The Electronic Bats - They seem to have a limit of time before they fly off and attack all at once to stop you abusing the meter system and constantly threatening their attacks and building meter without using them and therefor constantly having them on call whilst storing a Clash for safety, but this is yet be seen, if its not that way, its broken.

They appear to have a few uses, all incredible from what I can see.

1. A basic Parry, in which Batman stands still and absorbs hits (full body), I don't know if its cancellable, if it protects from projectiles, but it launches and it may even push back on block (Judging from the bats on block as a projectile), but that all remains to be seen.

2. Batman can let go of the bats at any time, WHILE MOVING, even in the air, which may cover him against anti airs, which is pretty dirty, it might make JIP'S/JIK'S safe, unless armoured through.

3. This also allows him to let go of the bats after block strings and press again straight after, it looks allot like cages frame traps with ex fireballs, but we don't know yet if batman gets any major advantage or just cover, and if this is true, and if he can let go of one bat at a time, he might be able to abuse this mechanic, for example, 111 Bat, anything (Grab, safe string, crossover, new string)

He appears to have a sticky batarang, not sure if he can attack while he has it armed, that remains to be seen.

He also has a string, were he does what appears to be an overhead into a explosive rang plant, into a roll back, not sure yet if it can be delayed and exploded later.

He has two anti air moves, AA rang, and AA Grapple, both enhanced versions pop the opponent down for combos, while he AA rang can interact with environments.

He can almost double jump with his cape glide, then dive kick, which means he can bait the AA with a glide, then punish, his scatter bomb is also an air attack.

The only other type of moves that I can see are the grapple gun attacks along with god dam parry...

The slide tackle looks unsafe on wiff and block, but the ex version has a follow up attack and might be safe, and his transition looks like it doesn't lower his hit box and might be high.

Basically, I don't think Batman will be the Scorpion of IGAU.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
He also has an air only special where he throws what look like caltraps, it reminds me of Ermacs air blast, but it pushes Batman back a bit.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
See!All this clear as day tools are what make Batman so good in my eyes from the footage available.While other characters dont show enough for me to make an early hypothesis about them Mr. Wayne here shows off his magnificent glory!He is one to watch out for atleast for the first weeks after release.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Im probably not going to touch this fucker but he has a nice sf-esque crossover kick and looks like his sweep is a hard-knockdown.

I hate you

This message is brought to you by the Hateocracy

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
See!All this clear as day tools are what make Batman so good in my eyes from the footage available.While other characters dont show enough for me to make an early hypothesis about them Mr. Wayne here shows off his magnificent glory!He is one to watch out for atleast for the first weeks after release.
No the one to watch out for is any grapple character that I decide to make my main!

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy

CCVengeance

No the one to watch out for is any grapple character that I decide to make my main!

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy
Please the only grappler worth right now is Grundy and that's because of the hype he will bring to tournaments when the crowd shant his rhyme during his chain grabs.
EDIT:I kid BTW since Doomsday looks like an absolute monster in this.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Don't really want to be that guy, but we've actually covered all this and more since the very first episode of InjusticeLive and in multiple episodes since. In fact, it has also been detailed in the Batman discussion thread.

We normally have timestamps in the InjusticeLive archives, so if anyone is looking to learn more about Batman or just about any character, in depth (we've gone over every single one actually), you should check out the show. The general Batman discussion thread is also a good place to learn, generally, what Batman seems to be capable of.

CCVengeance

Don't really want to be that guy, but we've actually covered all this and more since the very first episode of InjusticeLive and in multiple episodes since. In fact, it has also been detailed in the Batman discussion thread.

We normally have timestamps in the InjusticeLive archives, so if anyone is looking to learn more about Batman or just about any character, in depth (we've gone over every single one actually), you should check out the show. The general Batman discussion thread is also a good place to learn, generally, what Batman seems to be capable of.
Mr.Phase!!!!!Whens the next InjusticeLIVE?Plese help!!!!