Should I get back on?

• Yes

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
So IF anyone has noticed, I haven't been on here, nor on Injustice for a while, and while I won't cover it here, I will in a video that should be out in a few hours, mainly because to type it all is just boring whereas I can say it, have it recorded, and put it in a video where the content is related too(in game wise).

But long story short, below will be 2 videos. The first showcasing some corner combo stuff with a new combo that I have postponed for the longest and the second, having an intro with the brief backstory and then jumping into a small portion of a visual guide for WW in terms of just breaking down the character. The reason why this thread is listed as a question is because I would appreciate feedback as to whether to stick around or not. Not for nothing, but I DO have other shit to do, however, I AM able to fit in working on videos and such, but that's why I'm asking. If it's of use and there's feedback, then great, I'll hop back on board. If not, and no one really cares, well hey no hard feelings, truly, and I can go about working on other projects not related this, but are also just hobbies, so yeah, no big deal. So that's that for now and let me know what you think.

***Edit: SO basically before, I worked in a lab doing overnight shifts. My shift would start at midnight, and end anywhere from 7-9 depending on the work load which that in itself was fucking insane. So given that, I was forced to stay online because the events in NY and Jersey would start too late for my kind of schedule(not being selfish, but just saying why I couldn't go) and the travel was too far to make it back on time to start my shift. And no, I couldn't come in an hour or two late every week, let alone call out every week just to go to these things because I'd get written up for obvious reasons. That being said, I'm also the kind of person where I can't trick myself. If I hide something, I'll still know where it is even months after, even up to a year. I was contemplating hiding the game lol, because I was getting annoyed at all the online rubbish because NRS has such WONDERFULLLLL online modes -___- and that I had no means of being offline any time soon. With that, I did what I knew is the only thing that would get the message in my head, and I broke the disc. Truthfully it felt great after. I was off of here for a bit, I wasn't getting stressed by dem online warriors(I'm one myself, but I'm not parading my online victories), so for a while it was a good arrangement.

But after a few weeks, I found myself missing WW and Harley, my obvious mains. To me, tiers don't matter, I just need to like the character for their style and actual backstory. If one or both are immensely boring, I can't touch them out of frustration of feeling like an idiot with their handicap tools and virtually no risk/high reward factor. So I strolled through here again, looked up some YouTube vids, and wanted to get back in. So the reason why I'm asking is because I do like the "flavor"(for anyone that plays MTG will get it) of the game very much, especially on the characters I use, and because I have several projects on the side that I can no longer finish unless I purchase it again, which honeslty is no big deal, but again. While I do miss it, I like my stuff having a purpose. If just one or two people are interested in it, that's nice and all, but for that, I can work on my other projects that attract a larger audience and I won't need to waste money(it's not a waste to me IF enough people are interested).

So that's why I'm asking. I'll still post up the mini guide thing for WW because I was and still am having fun editing what I can for it and there's so much more to it, but I have no problem deleting the files and never looking back if it serves no purpose.

B113 Corner stuff:

Entrapment, 11:

Last edited:

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
If you have to ask the communtiy whether or not you want to stick around then you should just leave. If your passion and desire to play has died then there is no point in staying.

Take a break and come back recharged.
I took my break, but that's why I'm asking. If no one is really on the game anymore, then there's no need for me to waste my time. I enjoy the game(as hard as that may be to believe), but I'm forced to be on NRS's horrendous online modes and...

I might as well just explain it in text then....

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I took my break, but that's why I'm asking. If no one is really on the game anymore, then there's no need for me to waste my time. I enjoy the game(as hard as that may be to believe), but I'm forced to be on NRS's horrendous online modes and...

I might as well just explain it in text then....
What I'm saying is that you should find tech/make vids/be active in the community because it brings you enjoyment not because you feel sone sort of obligation.

When a hobby becomes unenjoyable it is time to move on.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
What I'm saying is that you should find tech/make vids/be active in the community because it brings you enjoyment not because you feel sone sort of obligation.

When a hobby becomes unenjoyable it is time to move on.
It does bring me enjoyment lol, but I need it to have a purpose. If I'm doing these things and virtually no one is even going to watch them, I see that as time wasted that I could have been working on something else. BTW I finished the edit on the original post to answer anything else

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Unfortunately at work at the moment so can't watch the video but I will do later.

Regarding whether you should stay or go, in the end its up to you. Personally (despite my lack of posting) I have always enjoyed your threads/videos. They have helped me develop into a much better player, better than I expected to be honest. In addition, I always appreciate anyone that is willing to put time aside to help the community learn more about the game.

So if you decide to continue then I will eagerly await any new WW stuff you post. If not, then many thanks for the info you have posted and maybe we will see you back again for MKX :)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
It does bring me enjoyment lol, but I need it to have a purpose. If I'm doing these things and virtually no one is even going to watch them, I see that as time wasted that I could have been working on something else. BTW I finished the edit on the original post to answer anything else
You produce quality work. Trust me, people watch. ;)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If you're planning to leave then don't delete what you've contributed to the forums, it'll still be of use to other players.
If you're not leaving then by all means continue to contribute, any contribution is better than none at all :)

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
If you think you can maintain a positive reputation and possibly some good sportsmanship, then I don't see what's stopping you from contributing to the community and doing what you like. But I think there are enough people that send rage mail and start drama as it is, so I'd keep that in check. Just saying

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Thanks for the feedback. So yeah I'll continue the guide at the very least. The small peek at it is being uploaded now and I will post it in the original post once it finishes which should be 10 min tops. It'll also be in the media section in case you want to get to it faster. Hope it's of use, enjoy.

Also, if there's anything I missed in the video, please let me know, I feel like I covered everything I could for it for now(lasso stance specifically), but if there's anything out, let me know. It's still a file I can edit freely so it's not a problem. Stay tuned

The Highlander

There can be only one
That j3 Amazonian Smash combo is sick... As for your question I feel like there is a natural cycle to playing a fighting game. It has such a huge time investment that most don't even try to dedicate time to it. Those of us who did can burn out and get a bit worn down. I would suggest taking some time, obviously focus on your own work over the game, but if you do get inspired to put up a vid or add to the guide then go for it. You never know how many lurkers might appreciate a simple tutorial on a character they are struggling to learn or beat. I know I would keep an eye out for anything that I am not optimizing in my own game.

I'm thinking of leaving superman alone and adding ww so yeah! I'll take all the help I can... I saw your name and thought. Hey! I would watch that dudes videos when the game first hit the scene!

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
That j3 Amazonian Smash combo is sick... As for your question I feel like there is a natural cycle to playing a fighting game. It has such a huge time investment that most don't even try to dedicate time to it. Those of us who did can burn out and get a bit worn down. I would suggest taking some time, obviously focus on your own work over the game, but if you do get inspired to put up a vid or add to the guide then go for it. You never know how many lurkers might appreciate a simple tutorial on a character they are struggling to learn or beat. I know I would keep an eye out for anything that I am not optimizing in my own game.
Thanks, and yeah that's a solid reply lol

ryublaze

Noob
Always loved playing your WW @Akromaniac27 really appreciate the amount of work u put into the character and the videos u make. I've actually been using WW myself lately and ur videos have been really helpful. That last corner combo is awesome, so pretty much WW can take half life in the corner lol.