What's new

My 2014 GL Matchup list (no picture chart)

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
this is what i believe to be GL's matchup list, some will have explanations. the first number represents lantern

Flash: 5-5 (possible 5.5-4.5)

Nightwing:
6-4

Batman:
4.5-5.5 (possible 4-6)
you can only pushblock so long, and close range j2 beats lift, d2 beats/trades with j2 if done early enough but if not you eat a full combo, GL cant zone batman and once he gets bats he's back in, lift will catch greedy batman players who dash or jump too much but any smart safe playing batman will win this. wakeup slide isnt as bad as batman players say, gets him out of rests/setups.

Cyborg
: 4-6 (possible 3-7)
IANB, weapons hot, grapple

Green Arrow
: 5.5 - 4.5

Superman:
4-6 (possible 4.5 - 5.5)
this matchup still sucks, f2 nerf helped but his zoning was the biggest problem and that was hardly changed, heat zap didnt get nerfed and that does the most damage and builds the most meter, heat vision having additional frames doesnt matter when he can just MB and push you back or put you back at full screen if it lands while being + so he can fire more lasers, and flying punch now has 2 hits of armor and pushes back a ton even on block so if you arent mid or to the right of the screen youre probably in the corner after and corner = gg. also is he gets in f2 range it will beat or trade wth b1 if done at the same time, b1 will only beat it out if he's not in range or you do it first. also has good wakeups.

Martian Manhunter:
4-6 (probably worse)
doesnt get out footsied by GL, can outzone GL, does more damage, has no reason to stay in GL's optimal range he can just sit back zone put up orbs and teleport when he sees an opening, also has a safe invincible wakeup that pushes back (to fullscreen on hit) the only reason GL has any hope of winning this matchup is because he can check OH tele with b1. also his d3 has the same range as GL's b1 lol

Raven:
3.5 - 6.5

Aquaman:
5-5

Wonder Woman:
5-5 (possible 5.5 - 4.5) dont have the most exp but seems fairly even

Zatanna:
-4-6 (possible 3-7?) havent played a ton against her either but she clearly bops lantern

Hawkgirl:
-6-4

Shazam:
6-4

Batgirl:
4-6

Lobo:
6-4

Joker:
6-4

Harley Quinn:
5-5

Solomon Grundy:
6-4

Zod:
3.5 - 6.5

Lex Luthor:
5.5 - 4.5

Catwoman:
6-4

Deathstroke:
4.5 - 5.5
yes i still think DS has a slight advantage in this matchup, GL has a big weakness to zoning and DS has good zoning, also he has good wakeups so vortex/resets probably isnt happening, not to mention stage adv doesnt help GL matters since DS controls interactibles better than any other character, but stages like Atlantis/gotham, Ferris if DS gets in the corner and turtles its gets alot worse for GL, yes GL does well up close but wont get big damage w/o resets.

Scorpion:
5-5 dont have the most experience in this mu

Ares:
5-5

Killer Frost:
5-5? very little experience in ths matchup, all i know is she slides and i get bodied by rickyraws

Doomsday:
5-5 (possible 4.5-5.5)

Sinestro:
4-6 (possible 3.5-6.5)

Black Adam:
5.5-4.5 (possible 5-5)

Bane:
5-5

Green Lantern: does the mirror even count? lol 5-5

Advantage: 10
Even: 10
Disadvantage: 10

GL has always been said to be one of if not the most balanced characters and ive always agreed and the matchups are just another example, he's not top tier or top 10 but he's solid and balanced.
being .5 up or down means there is a very slight advantage and its almost even, 6-4 is a decisive adv and anything lower than 6-4 or 4-6 is just hell ie raven, zod. thoughts?

mmh is atleast a 3-7. his zoning is untouchable. orbs to lock you down. Overhead rockets and ground blast is insane. you cant dash, jump or walk in. if you try to dash in his teleport will hit you cross up. mmh gets random cross up overhead teleports off of interactables. this match up is totally in mmh favor. he is even worse than cyborg and the annoying iafb.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Agreed. GL has great tools, but the characters who get around those tools usually exploit his lack of mobility. He's better than most in this game but when the meta pans out I can see him being right out of the top 10 a la Reptile or Skarlet.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Im a Green Lantern up player, and a WW downplayer, but I see no way that match is even.

He cant zone (bracelets)
He cant jump (d2)
He cant play footsies (b13 equals GL eating 40)

I would think she has her way with him, but maybe im crazy.

On the other hand I dont buy all the hype of him losing to every single zoner easy. Just my .02.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Im a Green Lantern up player, and a WW downplayer, but I see no way that match is even.

He cant zone (bracelets)
He cant jump (d2)
He cant play footsies (b13 equals GL eating 40)

I would think she has her way with him, but maybe im crazy.

On the other hand I dont buy all the hype of him losing to every single zoner easy. Just my .02.
thats a matchup id like to play more since idk it that well and all the WW's i played loved being in the air and would let me bait wakeups for free combos lol

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
thats a matchup id like to play more since idk it that well and all the WW's i played loved being in the air and would let me bait wakeups for free combos lol
I would assume between lift and the active forever jump 1, WW has issues in the air vs GL. But on the ground....I have no idea how GL opens her up without getting worked over in the process.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Yeah cat woman vs gl is pretty bad. We played yesterday and I used CW once.

Harley # is correct as well. I can say 6-4 GL but I'm just playing it terribly.