What's new

Question - Wrestler Must be missing something with Jax

Qhris

Noob
I truly appreciate this conservation, i'm very aware of wat he can do on paper but da gameplay is totally diff., his dmg potential is not consistent , like previous comment his shit really does randomly whiff, now u done spent a whole bar off a chance or if u fight a female u sacrifice a bar for only 29 %, then maybe another bar for 10-13% on pseudo gp otg...brothers I've main jax since inception, I will never give up on him just pointing out da problems
The damage output is consistent enough when you utilize his huge variety of safe normals to open up opponents. But talking midscreen here, his combo works on both males and females, and it only whiffs for me during online play, and hardly ever in matches with a good connection. When this is the case, I've developed a new strategy. Instead of going for the OHdashpunch into f21, 11, f212 I go into f21, 11xxdashpunch to send opponent to the corner for 30%. If it's really bad, I'll just run after the OH into a f4xxdash punch. Offline however, I actually get really good damage mid-screen from being able to combo for his full potential.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
OK so I've been using Jax like crazy now. Hours in the lab. He rivals my second most used character by now (Reptile). And still I am unable to win matches against decent and some scrubby players online.

I know the combos, cancels, tick throws the works. It just does not come together online. Offline I'm better, but still not winning matches like I do with SubZ.

Imo Jax is a high difficulty character and sub is more simple (not bashing I love SlubZ). I think it might be because I'm able to use clone to slow things down and limit the reads I have to make worth SZ.

I'm asking the Jax community how,

How do you control the tempo of the fight ?

How do you limit the reads you have to make?

And if you can give me a layout of how your matches typically go?

Much appreciated!
Once you have Jax's insanely difficult strings down - due to the small windows for canceling, you can follow this formula...

Formula - get a knockdown, run them to the corner, keep them there - and you win.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Whew! Just want to put a precautionary note here. When your fighting someone who knows that Jax M/U well they will start armoring through the gaps in a lot of Jax's pressure strings. My gotcha grab pressure got blew up by my buddy after he went to the lab and looked for the gaps in the strings. That being said Jax is still awesome just can't go all crazy with gotcha grab pressure.

Also those thread leveled up my Jax so much! Hella fun character to play!

I just started with wrestler Jax and man is he tough to convert! He's also tuff to fight against in the right hands! Forget trying to time the last quad slam too! I figure I'm just gonna get bodied with him until I can comfortably freestyle his pressure tho. Just very frustrating when I lose 5-10 in a row and know I have a pretty good Kotal I can get the job done with... Oh well! Gotta keep grinding I guess! Lol

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
I just started with wrestler Jax and man is he tough to convert! He's also tuff to fight against in the right hands! Forget trying to time the last quad slam too! I figure I'm just gonna get bodied with him until I can comfortably freestyle his pressure tho. Just very frustrating when I lose 5-10 in a row and know I have a pretty good Kotal I can get the job done with... Oh well! Gotta keep grinding I guess! Lol
THIS.SO THIS.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Ferra/Torr (CrisKenyon) vs. Jax (JoshuaNoyes):

Ferra/Torr (CrisKenyon) vs. Jax (JoshuaNoyes) 3:

Ferra/Torr (CrisKenyon) vs. Jax (JoshuaNoyes) 4:

Here are some matches between MadefromMetal and myself. I'm open for critique. I've been trying to implement ensuring that had been talked about. Lay it on me!

I want going to share this one but cudos to Metal.

Ferra/Torr (CrisKenyon) vs. Jax (JoshuaNoyes) 2: