What's new

'Multiverse' Type of Towers in MK11?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I know it isn't as hype as Noob or Shang, but when they talked about the Towers of Time they said some really interesting stuff. Like how we will be able to team up with another player to defeat bosses...Tag Team konfirmed?

They start to talk about it around 18:09 for those who missed it.

• Endurance Kombat
  • Single player competition in the towers
  • Defeating a boss with another player
Derek chose his words wisely, he used 'duo' and not tag team, so I'm guessing it's a bit different but I'm really curious about this.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
You ever play the Guild Boss Battles in Injustice 2? I imagine the MK11 "duo bosses" are gonna be something similiar.
Which's pretty cool, actually. I liked that mode.
I assume it's the same thing as the Guild boss battles in Injustice 2 tbh.
Ah, that makes sense. I hope it gives you more incentive to play those modes, I got bored of those guild multiverses so quickly. I mean even if you were a part of a guild, you'd still be playing alone.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
In the guild multiverse you could fight a boss with two other people who would control modifiers or assists. If you lost, the next person would take a turn and the boss would retain the damage you inflicted. I imagine what he's talking about is the next step from this.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Looks like there gonna be a lot of single player experiences, i love how NRS expand single player modes game by game.. Online matchmaking is the real thing to me but i love klassic towers a lot cos they always feels like arcade days. In those days i had a father, he had died in 1998 i miss him too fukkin much.. he bought sega mega drive 2 and UMK3 to me for my 14. birthday. that is still the best gift i have ever had.. I miss you father and i am still playing this game and always remember all of your memories in my head.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
In the guild multiverse you could fight a boss with two other people who would control modifiers or assists. If you lost, the next person would take a turn and the boss would retain the damage you inflicted. I imagine what he's talking about is the next step from this.
Oh okay, never did that! I mostly just played online modes. That would be cool, especially if it was in a tag team style.

Looks like there gonna be a lot of single player experiences, i love how NRS expand single player modes game by game.. Online matchmaking is the real thing to me but i love klassic towers a lot cos they always feels like arcade days. In those days i had a father, he had died in 1998 i miss him too fukkin much.. he bought sega mega drive 2 and UMK3 to me for my 14. birthday. that is still the best gift i have ever had.. I miss you father and i am still playing this game and always remember all of your memories in my head.
That's true, we're always looking for that nostalgic feeling and it makes sense as some of our first memories with the game were either at the arcade or with friends. Sorry for your loss! Keep the good memories though, those are the most important.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Derek also said that they're bringing throwbacks to stuff they've done in classic games. I think he might be talking about test your might.
That would be cool, I hope it won't be like in MK9 where you had to unlock them through the challenge tower first though.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Thank God there is no level up in this game.
Level up is another reason I hate I2.
Why the fuck should I grind for 24/7 only to beat a 30 lvl boss for a piece of cosmetic gear?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Thank God there is no level up in this game.
Level up is another reason I hate I2.
Why the fuck should I grind for 24/7 only to beat a 30 lvl boss for a piece of cosmetic gear?
I think there might be a form of level up, actually. The augments. You'll be getting a lot of them in towers and I assume that's because you'll need them.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Th co-op stuff sounds great. I would be able to convince some buddies to buy the game if we could run the gauntlet together. I don’t play injustice so can someone explain the guild battle thing? Do you just take turns fighting the boss?