What's new

Breakthrough - Summoner Multiple 50% and a 53% Midscreen Completely Unbreakable Combos

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
you could easily make it a 2-bar unbreakable combo for 40-42% without using the third bar ... that in itself is also quite OP
He actually has 41% midscreen unbreakable for 1 bar lul, I've managed to get 47% unbreakable for 2 bars so far.

loogie

Noob
I'm also one of those down players :DOGE

Nah but I think everyone can see he needs some small adjustments at the minimum right now, the real argument is what exactly needs adjusting.
I got flawlessed in a tournament last weekend by a Quan Summoner, didn't feel bad at all ... somehow he has taken the hype out of flawless victories
something has to be done

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Holy shit.

The fact that he can do mid 30's with one bar is rotten. Ends in a fullscreen knockdown into bat summon meaning that if you have 40% health and a breaker you basically die once you factor in the chip after the combo.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Holy shit.

The fact that he can do mid 30's with one bar is rotten. Ends in a fullscreen knockdown into bat summon meaning that if you have 40% health and a breaker you basically die once you factor in the chip after the combo.
He can actually do 41% unbreakable off his OH, and 39% (Or maybe 38, I can't remember) off his low. This means even if you have around 40% health left and Quan has 1 bar, you better not guess wrong else it's guaranteed death. Even off his vortex...

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
I see it more like this. If you show people what he is actually capable of then you can try and have a constructive discussion about what changes actually need to be made. It seems like the constant whining and rampant downplaying are both starting to die off now, so hopefully he doesn't get over-nerfed.
I would love to see rational and constructive Quan discussion that goes past 'eer dude, he broke!'
Which I don't know if there currently is any yet, but all of what I've seen so far just that.

Personally I like the idea of characters having all the offence everywhere, but lacking in defence, but that can be hard to balance.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
To NRS:
I understand the idea of making something so TERRIBLE that when you are the only one with the cure and

FINALLY release it your going to look like you cured AIDS but your Virus (Quan Chi) may just maybe be a

"little" bit to much....also buff Liu Kang DF by making b+2 special cancelable :) thanks

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
they better nerf the unbreakables or give me cyrax unblockable bombs,

only way im ok with quan right now, is if other characters get this given to them... more than half the cast, because its not fair for most...if he gets you once its basically game or close to it... my concern is low bat to OH after trance... thatis stupid, and online near impossible to block if even capable... ive done it a few times pressing down and imidiately letting off it only twice in thousands of sets. its to broke ... and quan has good MU against most of the cast, id say shinnok, tanya and pred have the best chance against him. the rest suffer greatly and it is in quans favor

just my opinion

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
To NRS:
I understand the idea of making something so TERRIBLE that when you are the only one with the cure and

FINALLY release it your going to look like you cured AIDS but your Virus (Quan Chi) may just maybe be a

"little" bit to much....also buff Liu Kang DF by making b+2 special cancelable :) thanks
DF Liu is still possibly S tier and would be broke AF if B2 was special cancellable.

More not constructive discussion :rolleyes:
I see your point, I think anyone with any braincells is starting to calm down now though. The nerf Quan threads have died down a lot.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
DF Liu is still possibly S tier and would be broke AF if B2 was special cancellable.

I see your point, I think anyone with any braincells is starting to calm down now though. The nerf Quan threads have died down a lot.
So do you think Liu would be as good as Quan after my imaginary 5:53 am dream buff joke? because I sure do not.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'm also one of those down players :DOGE

Nah but I think everyone can see he needs some small adjustments at the minimum right now, the real argument is what exactly needs adjusting.
1. ifeel that either the low bat should be slower on start maybe 4 frames or less, and that new instant OH should have at least 2 more frames startup...

2. other option which i dont think others will like: remove low bat and make it either oh or mid.... he has runes and fast low starter, doesnt need that low imo..

3. another option could be: lessen trance time and make opponent recover quicker.

in return of any of these 3 he could get a better Armor WU

Last option: make 40% or more of cast have same vortex tools or add Cyrax with Unblockable bombs,

id also like Sonya Demo to have a faster Reload or Meter bomb drop to reload off of, and SG to be +2 on block

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
So do you think Liu would be as good as Quan after my imaginary 5:53 am dream buff joke? because I sure do not.
I think he'd be a damn good contender. He still has some of the most ridiculous chip and block pressure in both DF and FF, mainly DF though. I use Liu myself so I wouldn't exactly complain even if you're "dream buff" came true, just saying he doesn't need it.

1. ifeel that either the low bat should be slower on start maybe 4 frames or less, and that new instant OH should have at least 2 more frames startup...

2. other option which i dont think others will like: remove low bat and make it either oh or mid.... he has runes and fast low starter, doesnt need that low imo..

3. another option could be: lessen trance time and make opponent recover quicker.

in return of any of these 3 he could get a better Armor WU

Last option: make 40% or more of cast have same vortex tools or add Cyrax with Unblockable bombs,

id also like Sonya Demo to have a faster Reload or Meter bomb drop to reload off of, and SG to be +2 on block
There was a thread by @legion666 and he suggested making the normal low bad hit mid, then making an ExBatSummon move where the low bat hits low again and is maybe a tad faster on startup or something. That way he'd be much more meter hungry if you wanted to do the hard-to-blockables, but his core game hasn't really changed.

I personally just think he needs more damage scaling on all his bat attacks though. There's so many hard-to-blockable setups in this game that I'd be pretty pissed if only Quan's was taken away.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro

*in return of any of these 3 he could get a better Armor WU*
*I disagree with this one and I would like to add a #4 to your list Which is less D for Quan Chi, along with what somebody said in another thread about making low bat cost meter. (maybe even take away 6 frame d+1) errr ok let him keep that.