What's new

Question - Cybernetic Mu numbers for cyber 2017

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm curious, now that the game is patched out, which variation of Kano has the best mu numbers and which mu specifically cyber loses.

My opinion is that cyber is low key best variation for a few reasons.

1) mkx is no longer MK mix. The meta has shifted toward stagger strings and throw\throw bait with pressure and footsies.

2) cyber excels in this area and controls neutral better than CT

3) CT doesn't control neutral like cyber does nor is his pressure anywhere close to being as good as it was.

I have been playing quite a bit this past month and was hoping to get some discussion going.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
How is Cyber better than Comm? I feel like Comm is better due to the power of scaring your opponent to block with D4, B1 tickthrows? The 20% armour is also great, or parrying gaps.

The variations have the same strings (bar B2) so I feel Commando is better? Let me know your thoughts

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
How is Cyber better than Comm? I feel like Comm is better due to the power of scaring your opponent to block with D4, B1 tickthrows? The 20% armour is also great, or parrying gaps.

The variations have the same strings (bar B2) so I feel Commando is better? Let me know your thoughts
Commando is certainly viable but I don't see him being anywhere near as consistent as cyber or CT. Perhaps the right plyer can show me otherwise. Maybe the new meta does favor a toolset like commando's.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I disagree. I'm curious to learn about your stance though
Well I disagree with the OP, so that's probably why we have different opinions on the matter.

1) mkx is no longer MK mix. The meta has shifted toward stagger strings and throw\throw bait with pressure and footsies.
I completely disagree. Mix-ups were toned down a little, but they are still MKX's main aspect by far.

2) cyber excels in this area and controls neutral better than CT.
Cyber has some zoning on top of CT, but as far as space control goes I think they are at the same level. The range on CT's knife thing is pretty good and that space is better controller by CT.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well I disagree with the OP, so that's probably why we have different opinions on the matter.

I completely disagree. Mix-ups were toned down a little, but they are still MKX's main aspect by far.

Cyber has some zoning on top of CT, but as far as space control goes I think they are at the same level. The range on CT's knife thing is pretty good and that space is better controller by CT.
Mix ups are obviously still present but I should have said 50/50s. At FR the 50/50s were not the prevalent win condition.

Also as far as space control is concerned, I would argue that Cyber has much better space control. Db1 is godlike but has slower startup and still leaves him vulnerable to armor reversals. Cyber knife is sooooo good and ex knife is top 5 special in game.

xMEECH

Dyslexic
So when we're talking about "best variation", are we talking about arbitrary comparison of tools, or matchups? Because I think Cutthroat may have the least losing matchups, and Cybernetic deals with some of CTs bad matchups pretty well. Based on matchups I think it goes CT > Cyber > Commando, but based off just comparing their tools, they're all just as viable and is player preference.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So when we're talking about "best variation", are we talking about arbitrary comparison of tools, or matchups? Because I think Cutthroat may have the least losing matchups, and Cybernetic deals with some of CTs bad matchups pretty well. Based on matchups I think it goes CT > Cyber > Commando, but based off just comparing their tools, they're all just as viable and is player preference.
From a MU perspective. I don't know what the right answer is. I was on the CT train for a looong time but as I have been playing more I am thinking cyber has more consistent mu.

xMEECH

Dyslexic
Oh shit, the Kano king has spoken @xMEECH

@AK L0rdoftheFLY lol ex-knives wouldn't even be top 10 special moves, yes it's very plus but without the threat of an OH it's not super scary for an opponent to deal with
Boy exdf2 is definitely top 5 or top 10 special moves. Instantly a "my turn" move everytime you do it. Plus on block, full combo on hit, armor breaks anything with 1 or 2 hits of armor and then launches them for a combo. Does over 4% chip AND builds 4 ticks of meter on block. 112 exdf2 b13 exdf2 does about 10% chip for and cost almost no bar, you build back almost an entire bar. Cybernetic does great with chip due to the resets he has anywhere on the screen. Also every variation of Kano now has a completely unreactable OH with instant air kanoball. Can be 6-7 frames with good execution.

xMEECH

Dyslexic
From a MU perspective. I don't know what the right answer is. I was on the CT train for a looong time but as I have been playing more I am thinking cyber has more consistent mu.
Quan and Kitana are the first that come to my mind when I think of "what MUs does CT handle better than Cyber". Cybernetic is so fuckin weak to air projectiles and anyone that can stay airborn. Mournful vs cybernetic is a joke. Aftershock vs cybernetic is bad for cyber when Commando and CT handle it fine in my experience. Any variation of Tanya wrecks cybernetic too.

Although i do think Cybernetics winning matchups may be more convincing than cutthroats winning matchups. When Cybernetic is fighting a good MU, like Crystalline imo, it can get pretty dominating.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Boy exdf2 is definitely top 5 or top 10 special moves. Instantly a "my turn" move everytime you do it. Plus on block, full combo on hit, armor breaks anything with 1 or 2 hits of armor and then launches them for a combo. Does over 4% chip AND builds 4 ticks of meter on block. 112 exdf2 b13 exdf2 does about 10% chip for and cost almost no bar, you build back almost an entire bar. Cybernetic does great with chip due to the resets he has anywhere on the screen. Also every variation of Kano now has a completely unreactable OH with instant air kanoball. Can be 6-7 frames with good execution.
Exactly this reason.

Very nice commando match vs semij. I liked the jaz music the most.

I really like commando. So let me ask you...What mu would you prefer commando over cyber or Ct?

xMEECH

Dyslexic
Exactly this reason.

I really like commando. So let me ask you...Ehat mu would you prefer commando over cyber or Ct?
I go straight to commando in a few matchups. Unstoppable and relentless jason for example. Even with the damage buff on, kano can still parry literally everything he has other than jump normals and his xray. Damage buff doesn't stop parries, which also do unbreakable damage. I go commando for cassie, but I feel fine using any Kano variation for Cassie. All can zone her out. I prefer commando for the parries, he can meterless parry the gap in b124, he can meterless parry out of ALL her frametraps; and for the wakeups. Commando has by far the best reversals and wakeups of any Kano variation. Also ex nutpunch still gets parried, but doing ex command grab also punishes it and covers more options (parry only works if they press buttons, ex command grab works if they press buttons OR block). I go commando for Dragon Fangs goro, you can parry all his wakeups (even ex tele) and meterless parry out of all his frametraps. I sometimes go commando for takeda (any variation), he can parry takedas tornado kick (even when he did it airborne), he can parry all his whip attacks, and has good armor to armor out of the gap in f122+4 low kunai.

Basically any time I can use the parries out of plus frames or certain specials, i go commando. I also pick him for his super good reversals and wakeups against pressure heavy characters. He suffers from the same thing CT does. Characters with long range normals or stronger zoning. Commando can't compete with the top tier zoners like FA jacqui, Quan or HQT pred. None of his reversals and wakeups matter if he never gets in. None of his wakeups matter if the opponent backs up after knocking him down and spaces out his wakeups with long range normals and disjointed hitboxes. Kung Jin destroys Kano on Oki for example.

xMEECH

Dyslexic
Exactly this reason.

I really like commando. So let me ask you...What mu would you prefer commando over cyber or Ct?
Oh also I'll go commando for dualist. Good armor to armor through stance switches, ex command grab and ex upball cover all options other than backdash. Also dualist can't outzone commando.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Mix ups are obviously still present but I should have said 50/50s. At FR the 50/50s were not the prevalent win condition.

Also as far as space control is concerned, I would argue that Cyber has much better space control. Db1 is godlike but has slower startup and still leaves him vulnerable to armor reversals. Cyber knife is sooooo good and ex knife is top 5 special in game.
I agree that FR did see space control as its main win condition, but 50/50s closely followed with Sonic Fox and Dragon using them a lot and Scar closely following.

Talking Kano, armored reversals got way weaker with the last patch, but I agree that Cyber's EX knives are godlike.

Cyber Kano definitely loses these matchups: Sektor, Shinnok, Liu Kang, Pyro Tanya, GM Sub
Commando definitely loses these matchups: all those character plus Smoke, Kitana, Ermac
This is my opinion
Edit: Forgot about GM Sub lol. Added him to bad matchups list for both

Last edited: