What's new

Mr Aquaman hosting CGL Invitational Qualifiers

Mr Aquaman, commentator for the NRS scene and mustached man with a plan, has announced a new online series for MK11, leading up to a $10,000 invitational at the end.

Details can be found here. Two invitationals for PS4 and Xbone, both with a $10,000 pool at the end. The series is running from September 15th to the finals in December. Anyone can sign up, this seems pretty identical to War of the Gods so you should know what to expect. Any questions, just contact him on the initial post on Twitter.

Shortly before the announcement, he mentioned that anyone looking to get into commentary should reach out as well. I'm not sure if the two things are related, but if you have a good voice and know how to present yourself to an audience, he might be able to give you a chance to show off what you can do.

*UPDATE - This series is just part of a larger conglomerate of events being hosted by CGL. So if you can't play in this one, there's a ton of other events to check out

Last edited:

Comments

Do something yourself then, stop relying on others to organize something for you
Lol I’ll just mosey on down to my money farm and pick a fresh $10,000 off the tree for sponsored prize money. While I’m at it, I’ll have NRS host it. Maybe while I’m at it, I’ll just learn to code and make my own MK game. I’ll hire you to commentate. Just mumble-scream backwards into a megaphone and nobody will be able to tell the difference.

That’s not the way it works, Jim Ross. I’ve organized locals before but I can’t control $20k in sponsorships. I’m one of those rare guys that was born in the 80s and doesn’t dream of streaming video games for a living.

I guess I will try this out even though I left the competitive scene last year albeit from Tekken, but still ^-^

Lol I’ll just mosey on down to my money farm and pick a fresh $10,000 off the tree for sponsored prize money. While I’m at it, I’ll have NRS host it. Maybe while I’m at it, I’ll just learn to code and make my own MK game. I’ll hire you to commentate. Just mumble-scream backwards into a megaphone and nobody will be able to tell the difference.

That’s not the way it works, Jim Ross. I’ve organized locals before but I can’t control $20k in sponsorships. I’m one of those rare guys that was born in the 80s and doesn’t dream of streaming video games for a living.
Are you really crying about no tourneys on PC in a thread about console tourneys? Everyone knows, yourself included, that the MK fighting game community on PC is super, super small. Sponsors and big events will go where the players are because that's where the viewers will be. If you're not satisfied with the PC community just switch to console.

Let's not let this thread degenerate, accept it or move on.

Are you really crying about no tourneys on PC in a thread about console tourneys? Everyone knows, yourself included, that the MK fighting game community on PC is super, super small. Sponsors and big events will go where the players are because that's where the viewers will be. If you're not satisfied with the PC community just switch to console.

Let's not let this thread degenerate, accept it or move on.
What other choice is there other than to accept it or move on. I’m not trying to shit up the thread, as I just made a tongue in cheek comment that’s been made hundreds of times over the last decade in regards to NRS. I’d argue that NRS isn’t supportive of the PC community because most of the NRS community doesn’t really give a shit about the PC community either. Why would they? They don’t have anything to lose. I’d also consider it taking a jab moreso than crying.

I can go on an on about the “just buy a console” argument. It’s not like a paid the same thing you did for an equal product release. Sales are only bad comparatively. No other company could release a product where the main game and DLC stayed on the front page of US Steam sales for over a month and pretend like that isn’t a success or accomplishment. As long as it means defending shitty anti-consumer practices by game publishers, we can go with that.

Last edited:

I hate to tell you it is how it works. I did it for years. No NRS support. I wasn't a lazy crying forum monster.

Probably why I'm Jim Ross now Aye

What other choice is there other than to accept it or move on. I’m not trying to shit up the thread, as I just made a tongue in cheek comment that’s been made hundreds of times over the last decade in regards to NRS. I’d argue that NRS isn’t supportive of the PC community because most of the NRS community doesn’t really give a shit about the PC community either. Why would they? They don’t have anything to lose. I’d also consider it taking a jab moreso than crying.
It's not NRS job to build the pc community. If you think it is, then yeah, that's why you don't have one.

Signed up and Registered for all 4 Qualifiers on XB1 side.
This is an awesome opportunity and I wanna thank @Mr Aquaman for doing so much for the community. There isn't much for XB1 that I can attend and you go and make a Free entry qualifier x4 so others who can't afford traveling can make it to CGL. Your Awesome man