What's new

Movement tier (Eddy test lab)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Walking Back tier (tested by measuring the speed of backwalk by setting the highest score to whoever reaches the corner first)

Skarlet has the fastest back walk, so she sets a score of 100 EWS or Wang Units as the discord was calling it, everyone else sets a score below among them from the fastest to the slowest character:

Skarlet 100
Raiden 98
Scorpion Baraka Sonya, Jade 95
Noob Saibot, Jax, Cassie, Kabal 90
Cetrion 85
Kano 80
Shao Kahn,Geras, Kollector Sub-Zero, Kitana, Liu Kang,Erron Black, Kotal Kahn, Kung Lao Cage 75
Jacqui D'vorah 70
Frost 65

Forward Walk tier (measured by timer of how long a character takes to get out from fullscreen to close the gap to a cornered character)
Forward Walk tier

There is no particular top walkspeed, but there is a tier for those who have the exact same distance coverage with a small margin of pixels between them as much as distance coverage goes, but it doesn't really makes much of a diffrence at all.

Skarlet, Sub-zero, Jacqui, kitana, 100 - 1.25s
Cage, Sonya, Kung Lao, Kollector, Geras D'vorah 95 - 1.27s
Scorpion, Baraka, kabal, erron black, Kotal Kahn 90 - 1.29s
Shao Kahn, Noob Saibot, Liu Kang, Cassie 85 - 2.1s
Jax, Raiden, Kano, Cetrion 80 - 2.4s
Jade 75 - 2.6s
Frost 60 2.9s

Since my time is kinda short, saturday i will try to add more.

Reserved for forward dashes recovery

Reserved for Forward dashes distance coverage

Reserved for Backdashes recovery

Reserved for backdashes distance coverage

Peace.

Great info to have, these are important stats that you can't look at as easily as frame data. Thanks for doing the work.

Also, poor Frost, wtf!

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
You'd think a character designed around footsies (and having like no other strength...) wouldn't be the slowest in the entire game.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I’ve got 1,000 Wang Units... (my last name is Woody, so I get to make penis jokes about other people’s names)

Thanks for the research on this. I will say that I'm really shocked that Jade is so far down on the forward walk speed list. Cetrion is faster than her? It seems unbelievable. Jade's my main but I have dabbled with Cetrion and their walk speed feel like night & day in Jade's favor. I think something more is at play here? For example, It looks like Jade takes a big step forward when she starts her forward walk. So maybe shimmy-ing with her is giving the impression of having a fast walk speed? Perhaps after her initial step forward, she settles into a slower walk speed?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Thanks for the research on this. I will say that I'm really shocked that Jade is so far down on the forward walk speed list. Cetrion is faster than her? It seems unbelievable. Jade's my main but I have dabbled with Cetrion and their walk speed feel like night & day in Jade's favor. I think something more is at play here? For example, It looks like Jade takes a big step forward when she starts her forward walk. So maybe shimmy-ing with her is giving the impression of having a fast walk speed? Perhaps after her initial step forward, she settles into a slower walk speed?
Yes, initial step cover a lot of distance, reason why Skarlet is faster than many, she cover a big gap of distance with one step then maintains a regular speed as the goes, Jade its a similar case, Frost however takes a big step then her constant walk rate its much slower than the rest as she covers way less distance.