What's new

Most fun Tournament Variations in MK11?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Depends on what playstyle you like. Dirtbag Kano, Berserker Baraka, Fan-Fare Kitana, are fun variations to play imo.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think The Spins Kabal is pretty fun to play. He's got range, safety, damage, and his variation moves are both useful and synergetic unlike any variations on my main, Frost. The Spins almost feels like a variation I would create rather than one that was made for me.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
I think The Spins Kabal is pretty fun to play. He's got range, safety, damage, and his variation moves are both useful and synergetic unlike any variations on my main, Frost. The Spins almost feels like a variation I would create rather than one that was made for me.
The spins is fun to me. Also, I really think Hellspawn Spawn is super fun.
Nice profile pic and quote btw. I love Kill 6 Billion Demons.

This is a good thread, thanks for making it. I'll keep my MK11 complaints to a minimum and comment on the positives.

-V3 Sub is fun. I loooooove landing his oki set ups with the ice orb. Feels good.

-I mained v2 Noob last KL and had fun landing his optimals into restand pressure (they aren't as hard as other optimals imo). But once I hit demi and pushed for God vs good players it became a lil frustrating.

-V3 Spawn and especially V3 Kahn were fun, catching peoples break away into giant damage always feels good.

-Honorable mention V3 Baraka cause he's my main. I downplay him a lot but when you have your opponent in the corner and make the right reads over and over into restand off leg kabob its pretty satisfying.

I also always get bonus wood playing variations you don't see often, as the lil dirty fighting game hipster that i am.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
This is a good thread, thanks for making it. I'll keep my MK11 complaints to a minimum and comment on the positives.

-V3 Sub is fun. I loooooove landing his oki set ups with the ice orb. Feels good.

-I mained v2 Noob last KL and had fun landing his optimals into restand pressure (they aren't as hard as other optimals imo). But once I hit demi and pushed for God vs good players it became a lil frustrating.

-V3 Spawn and especially V3 Kahn were fun, catching peoples break away into giant damage always feels good.

-Honorable mention V3 Baraka cause he's my main. I downplay him a lot but when you have your opponent in the corner and make the right reads over and over into restand off leg kabob its pretty satisfying.

I also always get bonus wood playing variations you don't see often, as the lil dirty fighting game hipster that i am.
I'm the same way. I love to play under utilized specs like Truth and Light and Hellspawn.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Upgraded is super fun to play. Lots of options, tons of mobility, plenty of ways to mix it up and a pinch of execution.

Blood Drive Skarlet is fun, slow ball gives you a couple options for set up and that’s always cool. Show Stopper Johnny Cage is another that comes to mind. Landing that sunglasses KB for like 45% unbreakable feels so good

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
All of Fujin's variations are a lot of fun imo. It's ironic really.... Fujin has so many of the things people claim they want: he's different and offbeat, he's fast, has a lot of swaggy combo routes, and requires high execution skill to play well. And yet he barely gets played. It's like some people just don't want to be happy...

Also, if you already like Spawn v3, give v1 (From Hell) a try too. It won't win a tournament, but it's a lot of fun to play--mostly because its many defensive options make it a real scrub-killer. He has ways to handily punish players who mash pokes, spam projectiles, and jump too much. And he says lots of cold-ass shit like "Go to hell" and "You're my bitch" while doing it. :)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What do you want to do to have fun? That's the question.

Do you like playing like a crackhead with no regards to frame data and just mash, mash, mash constant offense? Fun versions of this imo:
  • Jax
  • Scorpion
  • Kung Lao
  • Fujin
Do you like playing defensive, slow and methodical and like using your brain to win, perhaps making the opponent kill themselves? Fun versions of this imo:
  • Avalanche Sub Zero
  • Noob Saibot
  • Baraka
pew, pew, pew? Fun versions of this imo:
  • Skarlet
  • Noob Saibot
  • ED Jade
(there's others, but they're boring imo)

Or do you just want to slam your face into the controller for free wins?
  • Jacqui
  • Cetrion

- Dvorah