What's new

Video/Tutorial Most effective way to hit Smoke Reset - Video

SpideR

Noob
Hi guys...this is my way to make the reset, has a nice chance of hitting the reset and continue the combo.

Video:

-Can start with 21 SB (for Punish Raiden s Teleport or Reptile Elbow dash, etc)
-Can start with B2 SB (Overhead)
-Or Just with 3 D1 SB

-NJP is one of the secrets. Gives the distance and timing necessary
-Second Secret: Dash and 3 D1 2 (not To High)
-Third Secret: WITHOUT DASH do F4 (not To High or to Down)
-If the F4 is too down the EXSB Hit OTG
-And if the F4 is too High the EXSB will mistake

-but the timing to hit F4 is not too hard.

I make that reset EVER I play with my friends and success the 90% .
PD: and can Make it ONLINE!!

Thanks for you attention. Greetings of MK ARGENTINA

SpideR

Noob
down in the post add: I do this combo(exactly like that) with My friends face to face and online...EVER we play...and Success the 90% of the times ;)

I tested; this is legit. I never realized how easy it is to get the reset off of the njp~telepunch plink. I'll call this a reversal reset. Somewhat situational but an excellent, repeatable method of going about it that rids you of the awkwardly long wait for the forwards reset. I've seen Wafflez do this/something like it quite a few times, come to think of it. Nice video.

This can be done off of any non-launching combo starter; 3d1, 21, b2, or naked smoke bomb.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I tested; this is legit. I never realized how easy it is to get the reset off of the njp~telepunch plink. I'll call this a reversal reset. Somewhat situational but an excellent, repeatable method of going about it that rids you of the awkwardly long wait for the forwards reset. I've seen Wafflez do this/something like it quite a few times, come to think of it. Nice video.

This can be done off of any non-launching combo starter; 3d1, 21, b2, or naked smoke bomb.
nice, btw where is your sig from?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Not to take anything away from you Spider but the conditions for the reset are universal, theres no "consistant" way of getting it, its all down to the timing and height of the f4, which in strings with less juggle will be easier as the gravity hasnt scaled.

I find with higher scaling combos it is much easier to get the reset if you use JIP~f4 from a smokebomb.

Also as someone posted you need to do this vs a human and they need to hold block, if they arent holding block you can reset them off anything you want.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Right, but the timing off of this setup is easy as fuck. Seriously, go try it. I did, and I had it down pat after just 5 minutes. 90% consistency is fairly accurate actually.
The consistancy is in your mind, if you cant hit it with other variations its just down to your own timing in that particular combo, this one obviously seems good for you. Theres only a small window for the "sweet spot" when you perform the reset, and if you do it once with ANY combo then it can be practiced and replicated to 90% consistancy i guess.

CDjr/maxter have practically the same combo video without doing NJP's, its all down to preference and personal consistancy.

SpideR

Noob
I make other combos (40%-42% etc) ,most extracted from Tony-T. and the timing is to hard...try it 10 times anda make it just 2... then i make that combo and succes 10 times. sincerely i surprise myself with this combo

TONY-T

Mad scientist
You need to do this versus a human opponent. AI can not block the reset correctly.
Believe it or not, it actually can! set the AI to duck and roll back on! If you do the reset wrong, the AI will block it every single time so long as you have these 2 settings turned on.

I used this method when practising the reset way back when i first discovered it.

The consistancy is in your mind, if you cant hit it with other variations its just down to your own timing in that particular combo, this one obviously seems good for you.
I disagree a bit.
Getting a reset recquires to hit the ennemy with some accurate parameters (gravity scaling, height of the ennemy, distance, etc.) and can be done more easily by :
- Finding the strings which put these parameters in the good state for a reset.
- Inputing F4 with the right timing, before the parameters are no more in the good state for a reset.

The second point depends on our own consistency, but the first point it the same for everybody. And by spending time searching new strings, we can find some consistent strings (which reduce the delta of parameters between two executions, and optimize the size of the frame window allowing the reset)

For exemple, the following string allows a ridiculous easy reset (the frame window to input f4 is huge), so it's consistent whoever performs it.
when cornered :
3d12, njp~(teleport punch), f4~Smoke Bomb (27% + Reset + ennemy in the corner)
It's the easiest reset I've found, and the corner helps a lot to do it.

Another easy reset can be done with this bnb combo :
(eventually ijp), 3d12> 3d12> 3d12, b2~Smoke Cloud, f4~Smoke Bomb (36% or 39% with ijp + a quite easy Reset)
Funnily, the reset seems to be harder to get by inputing d4 instead of b2. I don't know why but I think it may changes some hidden parameters.

SpideR,
Did you try using 32 instead of 3d12 ?
I find a lot easier to get a reset with :
21~Smoke Cloud, njp~(teleport punch)> 32, f4~Smoke Bomb (30% + Reset)

With 32 instead of 3d12, the ennemy is exactly at the good height when f4 becomes possible, so the timing is more guided and recquires less synchronization.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I disagree a bit.
snip
Theres a window for every string in which you can get the reset off a f4, regardless how "hard" it is to get you can still get it.

And when i say "hard" its just the gravity differences and time you have have to input the f4 that changes with different combo's.

The reset wont ever change, and im sure that half of the success everyone see's is through sloppy opponents not holding block and getting reset through their own fault.

The combo i perform is (jip) 3d12,(njp) 3d12, 4 smokebomb, (air to air punch) f4 ~ ex smokebomb.

Its around 40% give or take a few depending on how many of the (bracketed) optional extentions are in the combo.

It has the njp there so you can swap sides, it has a smokebomb into ender, so you can actually vary it with all of your enders here, instead of just a reset.

If you go for the reset and are off by a little bit, your smokebomb hits for 10% unscaled and you get a 50% 1 bar combo, and they are always going to end up in the corner if you use the telepunches to switch your direction mid combo.

Obviously you cant always just confirm into 3d12, when you get a punish with 21, b2 or really anything that you need to hit a smokebomb early to extend the combo, then it is maybe more worth taking the easy reset, although smoke has some stupid setups compiled over the year, and having a chance to mix them up and vary different setups is a must to keep your opponent guessing, especially if your just planning on spending the whole match blowing away your meter on 27% setups .