• Hell Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOD MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
—————————————————————————
Introduction:

Okay, so this is my idea for a Mortal Kombat mode. It's a revival of a popular mode that was VERY FUN in Mortal Kombat Deception, and it is called, "Konquest". Now, in Deception, Konquest mode was very fun. If not, addicting. For me at least. It was nice experience, and I would love to see it come back on the next generation system. So, this is my idea that I haven't fully thought out yet. Let's get started. By the way, as I am writing this, I am listening to a Konquest song from the Earthrealm on repeat. That peaceful music that brings back nostalgia? That song? Yeah. It's a great ambient song to write things to.

Plot:

So, let's say there is some super strong guy named...I don't know...Saiket(sai•kit)(?) He used to be an Elder God(like Shinnok), and he has the powers of controlling....hmm....Poison and Venom. Slightly stronger than Shinnok. SLIGHTLY BECAUSE OF HIS ABILITY AS A SMARTER KOMBATANT. Never seen that before in Mortal Kombat, so I'm using it. The two are like these liquids and can have some cool fatalities and special moves. He can like shoot it at you and stuff. I'm guessing it would work out. If not Poison and Venom, just Fire and/or Laser Vision. And he is a talented fighter. Very smart. I guess? Anyways, basically, let's say he doesn't like the way the Elder Gods are handling invasions and just letting them happen and kind of goes on his own whim and takes down one of the Elder Gods behind their backs. He gets banished to Outworld and slowly takes over in that area. Maybe injuring Kotal Kahn in the process for about half of the take over? Mileena comes to like him a bit because he rules like Shao Kahn, just a bit. He is a slick, but ruthless leader, bent on showing the elder gods that their power is basically useless because they don't do anything about invasions, and also bent on showing the elder gods that when he takes over, he will raise a worldwide army to try and take the Elder Gods down and become the one and only 'Elder God' of all realms. Although he is a shamed Elder God. So, you're guy who everybody sees as the chosen one to defeat Saiket, but not in the beginning. When you first start out, everybody laughs at you when you say you could and would stop this guy(which you will, hopefully). You will be going through all of the realms to train and learn new abilities and get stronger to beat Saiket.

-----------------------------------------------------
;In-depth Kombat information;
-----------------------------------------------------

You can choose what realm you start in. If you choose Outworld, the ability to train and get Koins will be slightly restricted because of Saiket's fear of an uprising against his power. Be warned, if you do start off in the same realm with Saiket, you will try and fight him, but get beaten and sent to the Earthrealm. So if you want to fight him first and be banished just to see how he fights, by all means go ahead. But in reality, almost every one is with Saiket in taking out the Elder Gods, Mileena included since one killed Shao Kahn(distant love for her father). She's like the enforcer for Saiket, enforcing some of the laws he created, watching out for rebels and stuff, but Saiket sure as hell can hold his own too. If in Outworld, your first lesson will come from Erron Black, and you will learn his fighting style.

Now before I get into the training and stuff, let me first describe the system of Koins, the point of Koins, and other things that are worthy of being talked about in this section.

Koins in Mortal Kombat games now feel kind of useless right? I mean, the krypt is very nice and I like looking at the concept art and listening to the music, but does it do anything for the game itself? You can look up fatalities online in a flash, and you can already see fatalities in the move list. The internet could already have all of the music and concept art included in the game. So, why not make Koins a bit more relevant in Konquest mode? There will be five types of Koins. Green, for health. Red, for attack. Blue, for defense. Yellow, for speed. And White for special attack damage. You can get these Koins from playing Konquest mode online or offline (which I have a great idea for the online version), playing online against other people, or by playing offline arcade mode. The maximum overall your Kombatant can be is 100.

Now, when using Red Koins, based on the specific type of style you choose, every max attack point will be different. For example, if you choose Powerhouse (which is a style that favors attack damage), then once fully maxed out, it will be 90/100 attack damage. For Up Klose and Personal (a style that favors balanced attributes), it would be 80/100. Finally, for Keep Away (which is a style that favors projectiles), it would be 70/100. Based on how many Koins you have, you can add 1+ point to an attribute, or even 30+ points to an attribute.

Character Customization

In Konquest, it was nice playing a man who ventured across realms for a demigod who ended up being a dragon, which surprised me a bit. But, what it lacked was the feeling of having my own personal character. Shujinko was a below average character in my opinion, and just borrowed fighting styles from people. He didn't even have the decency to have his own style. In this next gen game, you will definitely have your own style. There will be many templates for stances, walking movements, and striking styles. Over 30 styles and movements for each. You could walk like you're preying on your next enemy, or walk like a boastful God. You can strike as quick as lightning, or strike as strong and heavy as a rock. You could have your own move list consisting of your personal light and medium punch and kick, two to four of your own special moves you selected from a template of 50+, or from another Kombat Character you unlocked in the mode to use special abilities. For example, if you play and you unlock the template for Ermac, you now can use his special moves, stance, walking movement, strike movement, and fatalities.

When it comes to customization, you will be allowed to choose a style of fighting, Powerhouse (favors attack damage), Up Klose and Personal(favors balanced stats), and Keep Away (favors projectiles and zoning options). You can change these styles at anytime during the game mode, just know your stats will shift and can increase or decrease based on the style you picked.

Character customization will consist of many different hairstyles, hair color, hair length, eyes and eye colors, body type(or if you want to personally shape their body, that will be available in the advanced options), height, and voice. With voice, you can change tone, pitch, and whether you sound like a demon, or if there are many souls inside of you speaking at once. Because your character will be speaking. It can be either a male or female. You can also choose species. Human, Tarkatan, Demon or Hellspawn(kind of like Scorpion), Sorcerer(kind of like Ermac), and even Elder God. If Elder God, be on the lookout for even more trouble during the Konquest, as Saiket will try and hound you with attacks using one or two minions from time to time that could really urk you and stop you from making good progress in the game.
You can also customize what your character wears and what accessories they can have. You can give your character a name and also choose a specific name that the game will allow your character to be called. For example, if you name your character Mister Muffins, the game obviously might not be capable of saying that. So instead, you can still keep your name, or you can choose a name they will actually say and yell and all that from a list. The list consists of over 100+ names and combinations they can call you by. Like Tom. Or Tom the Destroyer! Or just Destroyer. Or The Destroyer! You know what I'm talking about.

Now, we can take this chance to re-create something Mortal Kombat Armageddon missed out on. And that's creating your own fatality! Also, with next gen, we should also be able to create our own X-Ray Attacks! With Fatality Kreator, you can choose the way your opponent dies in battle by choosing the cause of death. Such as decapitation(via hands, feet, weapon, conjured Demon, etc.), strangulation (via hands, legs, opponents inner body parts, environment, etc.), slicing of body parts, explosion, eating, making them kill themselves (via telekinesis, spell, etc.), dropping an arcade machine on them, bludgeoning to death, anyway you think you could kill them from the set templates of Fatality abilities. When doing this, there are different stages of the fatality that you can edit to change the way you're killing them or change the pace of the killing. With X-Rays, this is the same exact way. You can choose to do many things with X-Ray Attacks. You can punch them in stomach over and over in different places and make their insides explode, you can kick them into the air and jump up to hammer fist them back down onto their neck and land right on top of their spine and crush it, you can grapple them and break their back and hit them with a German suplex and finish them off with a curb stomp to the back of the head. Allow edits to be made during both of these key abilities in the game, and it will come out to be amazing.

In-game details and awards

Konquest mode will have third person view when travelling. The time meditate thing will be available, but only offline. In online mode, you will not be able to do this. There will still be a sprint button, but based on on your stats, you could be unbearably slow, decent, fast, or blazing fast. Yes, you could randomly punch people, but if you punch certain people, you will start a fight with them. Most of these fights do reward Koins, so go fight random strangers. You can still walk into most houses and take their Koins like it's nothing. Hopefully, there won't be invisible walls in obvious areas you can travel in. When roaming around, you can find chests, which were lovely to find in Deception (Great job guys). There will be four types of chests. Wooden chests, Silver chests, Golden chests, and DIAMOND chests. With Wooden chests, they are very common and contain a low to decent amount of Koins(50-300 Koins). Silver chests are about almost as common as Wooden chests, but not quite. They contain a decent amount of Koins to a good amount of Koins(400-1,000 Koins). Golden chests are a bit rare and uncommon to find, but is definitely possible. They contain good to a great amount of Koins(5,000-25,000). And finally, Diamond chests are extremely rare and is a complete miracle to find. They contain an amazing amount of Koins to an astonishing amount of Koins. I'm talking from 50,000 Koins to 1,000,000 Koins!

When it comes to missions and side missions, there are many you can do. With side missions, it can all be tracked and seen in a list. Objects given to you to take to certain people or areas can also be seen and it will tell where you got it from, who you got it from, when you got it, and who you're taking it to. No more forgetting why you have ham and a book in your small and limited inventory. There will also be a map to show many areas where you can roam and certain areas will be listed and you can also use and make waypoints, very helpful. The music will be ambient like, almost atmospheric depending on what realm you are in. If you're in the Chaosrealm or Outworld, it will be more dark and brood like. When doing side missions, you will be rewarded with Koins. When it comes to main missions, you will be traveling through Earth realm first, training with the likes of Raiden and Liu Kang. You would even be doing small tasks for them. It's all about build up, and I'm sure netherealm could turn this idea into a great story and capitalize on this. The setting for Earth realm would be a village, but later on through the game, it could move into a city, where you can explore and do more missions and side missions.

After you finish training with Liu Kang and/or Raiden, you will receive Koins and their templates and you will leave Earth realm via portal in some secluded mountains. You arrive at the Nexus. Yes, the Nexus is back! There, all the portals will be available to you. You could then head to the Order realm to train with Hotaru! I know, he might not be included in the game, but, he will have better special moves than what he had in Deception. And he will look a bit different. Not as soldier like as he did in Deception. Now, all of these map layouts will look ALMOST about the same as they did in Deception, but much prettier and a bit darker with more interactable environments and more things to stop and look at. Like, I don't know, a random Scorpion beating up a skeleton or something. Or some old lady talking to herself. It won't be RIDDLED with too much going on in the environment, but enough to make you feel like it's an actual place that people and things reside in. It will be more open and bigger than Deception and will definitely be supported by great music and great voice acting. The minor people in Konquest mode won't be given to cheesy and poor voice actors. Every aspect of this mode is important and should be treated as if it were the main game itself. I feel like if it's made that way, it would be an amazing addition to an already fantastic game. Once finished training with Hotaru in the Order realm, you will go to a portal inside of a jail cell and go to the Nexus. Next, you could choose the Chaosrealm, where you must beat Noob Saibot before earning his respect and training with him. Beating him, won't be easy. If you are too weak, he will annihilate you. Hands down. So take the game a bit seriously and try and get good and get strong. Otherwise, you will be stuck trying to beat this guy. Once you start training, you earn a notable and great amount of Koins from him, as him and Erron Black will join you on the journey to taking down Saiket. Pretty cool right? If Netherealm doesn't like it, they could just change it. But bringing back Noob Saibot could help your character out a lot. It brings an unnatural power to the power trio of slowly building army that you have created by becoming stronger and letting it be known you will take out Saiket. So, that being said, the further you progress, the more people will recognize you, and depending on who they are, they will fight you, and try to take you out, slowing down your path to Saiket. Depending on how high of a level character you are, it can be easy dealing with them, or extremely hard and annoying. It won't happen ALL of the time, but it will happen enough to let it be known that you are being watched by Saiket and his army.

You can then head to Edenia, where signs of Saiket's army is known. Bits and pieces of his army are scattered all over the realms and are trying to take over those realms as you move along on your Konquest. You will meet Kitana and train with her there. Once finished, your final destination will be Outworld, where you will meet Erron Black again, along with Noob Saibot coming along with you. Now, you won't see him coming with you physically, but he will show up in the cutscenes, or those Deception scenes where it's third person and you're talking to the person right in front of you. You can go around the realm all you can to get as many side missions done and get as many Koins as you can before facing Saiket. By the way, you can finish main missions in one realm and then go to the next indicated to finish those main missions to progress the story. As you near Saiket, you will see a huge tower, that seems to have many floors. You will go through each floor and fight mostly minions, but some notable Mortal Kombat Characters such as Mileena, Ferra/Torr, and Kotal Khan(who kind of had no choice but to succumb to him and reluctantly follow his rule or risk getting killed). Once you get past all of them, you will reach Saiket, which will be the hardest battle of the Konquest mode. Once you finally defeat him, you will get a huge Koin reward for each color and you free Outworld from his rule. You will then be notified you can use your character in Arcade mode offline and online! Fancy stuff, I know, but it's possible. You can continue playing offline with your character and get rid of the armies and groups that still stand in the name of Saiket all across the realms, or, you can go online with Konquest.

Online Konquest

With online Konquest, it's basically this. Everyone is trying to become the number one fighter of their realm, or of all realms, and to do that, you must fight other customized characters to reach the top. As you start this new experience, you will start off as the default overall so you have a fighting chance, but be careful, people who have played this mode before you will or might be a higher overall, and will destroy you in a match. Koins and Chests still exist in this mode, but there are MUCH more of them. You can also do side missions here to make some Koin here and there, and even get rewards like a chest or a buffer that lasts from 1 to 10 fights. Depending on how many people are playing online, you will start from the very bottom and work your way up to hold that top spot. With holding that spot comes recognition in that community and a little game fame. But be careful. There is always some body who plays the game every single day, and they might sneak up on you and take that spot from you in a flash. There is also a win/loss record that you can see before you fight someone and after and their character's name and their overall. You can't decline a fight, so be prepared to battle. But, you can start a private area to fight in and can accept and decline fights there. For example, let's say I teleport to my best friend Timmy who's all the way across the map with two of his other friends. We can all agree to starting a private area we could walk up to Timmy's friend and ask for a match. Which he can then decline or accept. If accepted, everyone in that private area can spectate the match, and even bet Koins! Any color or all colors and any amount(as long as you have that certain amount)! This will bring a little flair and excitement to the online world and the maximum capacity of a private is 20. Outsiders can ask to join, but only the chosen host by a vote of the private area can decline or accept the outsider.
Now you're probably thinking, "what is this private area gonna look like?" Well, the Kombatants could be standing in a large circle, or in some enclosed shape, and have that as a private area. Or, they could all enter a house or building and start one there. To know if it's private, there will be a a red aura surrounding the whole private area and will display the host's name and character name, overall, and the list of people in it and what spots are available. When bidding, you can bid with another person a certain amount of Koins, and as you know if you lose a bid, you lose the Koins you bidded, thus giving the winner of the bid a chance to upgrade his character and become the top fighter. For example, If Timmy and Bobby are fighting and Marcus bids 100,000 Red Koins that Bobby will win, and Devin bids 200,000 Blue Koins that Timmy will win, if Timmy wins, Devin will get the 100,000 Red Koins and vice versa if Bobby wins. You must submit the bids before round 1 is over. You cannot change the predicted winner of your bid once round 2 begins.

Closing

I really hope someone sees this and shows it to the creators of Mortal Kombat X so they can hopefully implement this in a Kombat pack, or as I would like to call it, the "Konquest Pack " it sounds nice and pretty and I like the sound of it. Either that, or Maximilian Dood(miles923) or SOMEONE can make a video about this certain idea and use the information I provided to talk about it and give their opinions on it, and hopefully shine some light on this great idea. If you do make a video about this, please link me the video at: [email protected]. Or put it in the comment section or something. Show this to someone who enjoys Mortal Kombat! Please, give me your thoughts and opinions on my idea and give me your honest comments. I want some feedback for this, or just something you know? I really would like to see this in Mortal Kombat X, because you know, the game isn't giving much more to offer other than a few characters we want to see, and it's GOING to run out of ideas. So why not try and work on this one? Just give it a shot. Try Konquest in the pretty new gen graphics. It will look amazing and will receive praise if you do it my way or just adjust this idea with a few things here or there. Or even change it completely(which would be a slightly bad decision). Trust me, I thought this out for weeks and MONTHS. I see ALOT of potential in this game mode.

ADDITONAL INFORMATION
You know what else I wanna see? I want to be able to change the colors of Mortal Kombat Characters costumes. What if I want a white Scorpion? Like, just changing the COSTUME COLOR. THAT'S IT. And I want to be able to do it to all costumes. DLC, all that. I want to also interchange the costumes. Like, I could have a Soviet Union Scorpion head with a default Scorpion body, but with like Soviet Union(or is it cold war? I don't know) arms and legs. Then I can also change the colors on that too. That would be nice. Also, when using the custom character in online ranked matches or offline arcade or any mode not Konquest, the overall doesn't matter. I mean you keep all of your custom moves and looks, but overall doesn't matter. You get damage off of the base damage the custom attacks do. Like, let's say in Konquest your overall was 88 and your medium punch did 8% damage. In regular modes like online matches or offline arcade matches, it will do a base damage just like every other character in the game does. Or at least a reasonable default damage. The special moves will also do a default or reasonable amount of damage. That's all folks. Peace out.