What's new

Mortal Kombat X Volume 1

Hey all,

Just got my copy of Mortal Kombat X, Volume 1, and poured through it. It was great!

Has anyone seen an announcement for a Volume 2, as the first Volume contained the first four issues of the series, but of course I know there's more.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I also just picked it up today. Volumn 1 MK :) I think there is a date for Volume 2, it's summer sometime. But it's great isn't it?

I also just picked it up today. Volumn 1 MK :) I think there is a date for Volume 2, it's summer sometime. But it's great isn't it?
Aye, it is! I sat down and had to read it all in one go. I did feel the narrative was a little rushed at the beginning, but that smoothened out shortly after the first issue.

I like what they've done with Hanzo, and Kotal's a great character!

I'm curious how Goro can be properly in Mortal Kombat X (game) after what Kotal did to him. I'm sure I'll find out next week!

MKF30

Aye, it is! I sat down and had to read it all in one go. I did feel the narrative was a little rushed at the beginning, but that smoothened out shortly after the first issue.

I like what they've done with Hanzo, and Kotal's a great character!

I'm curious how Goro can be properly in Mortal Kombat X (game) after what Kotal did to him. I'm sure I'll find out next week!
indeed should be pretty interesting to see how he gets his arms back.

SRP

Noob
Issue 5 just came out this week in stores, so yea probably another 3 months before volume 2

Issue 5 just came out this week in stores, so yea probably another 3 months before volume 2
Cool. I couldn't remember if it was Issue 5 or 6 that was out now.

Does anyone know how many issues are planned in total?

indeed should be pretty interesting to see how he gets his arms back.
Aye, amongst other things. I really like the direction they've taken the universe, especially with Outworld.

I'm curious how Kotal Khan got the Wrath Hammer (if it's answered in the game itself, please don't tell :) ), and I'm curious what Mileena did to cause Kotal to depose her. We all know she's unstable and susceptible to fits of rage, but she does seem to have matured since Mortal Kombat (2011).

SRP

Noob
Well the whole series is a prequel to the game, so it could go on for a while. The injustice comic has been going on for 3 years so far.

Well the whole series is a prequel to the game, so it could go on for a while. The injustice comic has been going on for 3 years so far.
Oh wow! I thought the Injustice: Gods Among Us series was a limited run of several issues or something; never kept up with it.

SRP

Noob
Nope basically the Injustice series is going to do year 1 through 4, as the game represents year 5. So we get the whole prequel story. My guess is we will see at least the same with MK

MKF30

Maybe similar but not the exact same, because the MK X comic while it is a prequel it's also jumped from different points in time unlike Injustice from 5-10 years in the comic time after MK 9, some of which in the game's story early on takes place before the comic book timeline as it's only 2 years after MK 9 events as confirmed by NRS.

Aye, amongst other things. I really like the direction they've taken the universe, especially with Outworld.

I'm curious how Kotal Khan got the Wrath Hammer (if it's answered in the game itself, please don't tell :) ), and I'm curious what Mileena did to cause Kotal to depose her. We all know she's unstable and susceptible to fits of rage, but she does seem to have matured since Mortal Kombat (2011).
True, yeah lots of stuff to discuss no doubt. I love how everything makes more sense between the game's story and comics.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Volume one is a lot nicer than getting the comics separately, but I've already gotten all the comics up till now lol. so i'll prolly just get everything comic related XD.