What's new

Mortal Kombat X LIVES - 32 player invitational tournament, Monday, May 24th at 12pm PT Twitch Rivals !

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
Only a child would react the way he does over a bloody video game.
Do you know what true passion is?
It doesn't matter if it is a video game or what ever.
---
I also think that Tom Brady did a big shitty move (I was very angry too) but people can change, the outcry after it was so high, even he should get hit by it in a deep way. You think he is a real evil crime person? I just can't see it ...

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Do you know what true passion is?
It doesn't matter if it is a video game or what ever.
---
I also think that Tom Brady did a big shitty move (I was very angry too) but people can change, the outcry after it was so high, even he should get hit by it in a deep way. You think he is a real evil crime person? I just can't see it ...
I didnt call him evil idk where the fuck you got that from. I said he acts like an immature brat of a child. Passion or not, it's embarrassing. That's not how a mature person acts when they don't get their way.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Whenever I see something about Tom he's always acting like a 7 year old brat who didn't get his way. Only a child would react the way he does over a bloody video game.
The phrase "it's just a game" is such a weak mindset. You are ok with what happened, losing, imperfection of a craft. When you stop getting angry after losing, you've lost twice. There's always something to learn, and always room for improvement, never settle.

The phrase "it's just a game" is such a weak mindset. You are ok with what happened, losing, imperfection of a craft. When you stop getting angry after losing, you've lost twice. There's always something to learn, and always room for improvement, never settle.
While there's always something to learn, and there's many, many great things that can be learned from games, part of an improvement-based mindset is learning what's actually important and what needs to be valued with one's time.

Unless you're competing in tournaments as your primary means of income, or making your primary income off of streams, content, etc., then any game is nothing more than a hobby, and thus, "it's just a game."

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
While there's always something to learn, and there's many, many great things that can be learned from games, part of an improvement-based mindset is learning what's actually important and what needs to be valued with one's time.

Unless you're competing in tournaments as your primary means of income, or making your primary income off of streams, content, etc., then any game is nothing more than a hobby, and thus, "it's just a game."
I agree, I was just quoting something dumb. I shoulda put a /s at the end lol

Ashesfall

I didnt call him evil idk where the fuck you got that from.
Read right ... it was a general question not just to you.
(the line --- was a cut after your quote (guess it wasn't clear enough))
"You think" and "you said" is a difference to you, no?

You feel attacked like a little kid bruh?
Or to answer in your words:
"Where the fuck did I said you called him that?"
---
Anyways don't cry and get hyped for MKX tournament action

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Read right ... it was a general question not just to you.
(the line --- was a cut after your quote (guess it wasn't clear enough))
"You think" and "you said" is a difference to you, no?

You feel attacked like a little kid bruh?
Or to answer in your words:
"Where the fuck did I said you called him that?"
---
Anyways don't cry and get hyped for MKX tournament action
It was a direct response to my message which you quoted saying "you" in it. So no it wasn't clear in the slightest. A different comment would have been better.

And I didn't feel attacked. I felt strawmanned.

Ashesfall

I just want to answer on that statement because I don't agree.
What you describe could go under "work" (income).
Every person has hobbies, but it's a huge difference on how much time and "passion" you put into one of your hobbies.
If you almost dedicate your life to a specific hobby, it's in my eyes true passion.
And here is no line in what it is. Games, Sports, Music, what ever.

There is one kind of characteristic out there, I kinda hate.
It's those people telling you what to do, what to like and what not to like. (Dictators, religions)
FUCK OFF, it's my life and I decide on what I put my time in, except its harming others, that's not cool of course.

So yeah Tom Brady and the franchise MK to him, is in my eyes true passion.
(I listen to a lot of his stuff, podcasts about the MK arcade times, you clearly hear it's not just a "hobby" to him. And it's not just a "game".)
---
@colby4898
to my defense tho, English is not my native language but I try my best, so people can understand me :)

Last edited:
I just want to answer on that statement because I don't agree.
What you describe could go under "work" (income).
Every person has hobbies, but it's a huge difference on how much time and "passion" you put into one of your hobbies.
If you almost dedicate your life to a specific hobby, it's in my eyes true passion.
And here is no line in what it is. Games, Sports, Music, what ever.

There is one kind of characteristic out there, I kinda hate.
It's those people telling you what to do, what to like and what not to like. (Dictators, religions)
FUCK OFF, it's my life and I decide on what I put my time in, except its harming others, that's not cool of course.

So yeah Tom Brady and the franchise MK to him, is in my eyes true passion.
(I listen to a lot of his stuff, podcasts about the MK arcade times, you clearly hear it's not just a "hobby" to him. And it's not just a "game".)
---
@colby4898
to my defense tho, English is not my native language but I try my best, so people can understand me :)
Cool, but even a hobby you're extremely passionate about is still just a hobby. Absolutely it can and oft is a big part of your life, I'm not ripping on people for having hobbies and enjoying them to their fullest, but there's a fine mental line about when something is truly, extremely serious, when it really matters, and when it's "just a hobby."

The qualifiers last night were fun to watch.

Mr. Auqaman mentioned at the end of the stream that The Coliseum would return in a month with global Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate tournaments, and would also do another Mortal Kombat XL tournament, an Injustice 2 tournament, and apparently their working on doing a tournament for both Injustice: Gods Among Us and Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition! That news completely surprised me, and I assume they'd be using the PC versions and the Steam invite a player feature?

Assuming that happens, and for all of these events in general, @RoboCop , think we can get some news posts stickyed about that?

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I'm interested to watch a tournament with the final form of the game. By the time the final patch came out, I messed around with it but I was done with the game and more interested in SFV.